What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve 'Slippery' Morris "Tries, tries, tries"

stg666

Juniors
WOW. that brings back so many good memories. steve was an absolute wizard at support play and a legend try scorer . what amazing pace he had . the boys certainly got their size from mum.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Priceless stuff. I loved the one where the defender showed him the sideline, trying to sucker him into touch. Slippery said, 'sure I'll take that', before scoring in the corner. So much speed. Looks like he is running at full throttle but he just goes up another gear and leaves them for dust.

Slackboy72

Coach
I idolised slippery when I was a lil runt.
I'll never forget a sat arvo game at Kogarah when he was still halfback and he took the ball off the back of the scrum was tackled by four souffs muppets and after five or so seconds of struggling to put him down he slipped out the other side leaving them all in a big group hug. Ran away and scored a try.
Soooo X Factor before we had x factors.

Slackboy72

Coach
Just on a side note Slippery had 102 tries for us. 19 for the chooksters.
Brett(er) has 98.
JMoz has 20 for us and 66 with the cheats.

Lets hope he gets his 102nd and 103rd at home.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Slippery Morris made me love this club. He was brilliant to watch. I was guttered when he left to go to the Roosters, hence why I have a soft spot for them as well because they were able to extend his career longer.