What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Witt

Sterling

Juniors
Just like to say that i met Steve Witt last night at a pub in Parra. What a cool down to earth bloke who ended up chatting with me for about 45 minutes.
The saddest thing ofcourse was him having no choice but to leave the club that he truly loves due to one wanker in Brian Smith. The guy was truly upset and wishes he could of stayed. But do you blame him when BS told him early in the season that he wont get a crack in first grade as long as Dykes was there. BS once again playing favourites.
I wished him all the best and told him that i hoped he would one day bite BS in the ass.(and partner Joey in the 5/8 role).

Lets face the facts here fellow Eels fans....BS WILL NOT GIVE US THE PREMIERSHIP WE ARE LONGING FOR !!
Yes he made us a competitive team after 10 years in limbo but our trophy cabinet is still EMPTY.
A player should be picked on form and not ass kissing ability or wheather theyre on a huge salary( eg dykes).
if the best players arnt on the park then we will never win a premiership under BS.
Lets keep our fingers crossed that next year is his final year for the sake of our great club the mighty Parramatta EELS.

half

Coach
shame about that - pretty disappointed by smith

did witt really call him a wanker???

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sterling said:
Just like to say that i met Steve Witt last night at a pub in Parra. What a cool down to earth bloke who ended up chatting with me for about 45 minutes.
The saddest thing ofcourse was him having no choice but to leave the club that he truly loves due to one wanker in Brian Smith. The guy was truly upset and wishes he could of stayed. But do you blame him when BS told him early in the season that he wont get a crack in first grade as long as Dykes was there. BS once again playing favourites.
I wished him all the best and told him that i hoped he would one day bite BS in the ass.(and partner Joey in the 5/8 role).

Lets face the facts here fellow Eels fans....BS WILL NOT GIVE US THE PREMIERSHIP WE ARE LONGING FOR !!
Yes he made us a competitive team after 10 years in limbo but our trophy cabinet is still EMPTY.
A player should be picked on form and not ass kissing ability or wheather theyre on a huge salary( eg dykes).
if the best players arnt on the park then we will never win a premiership under BS.
Lets keep our fingers crossed that next year is his final year for the sake of our great club the mighty Parramatta EELS.

Bloody disgusting!!!.

I just hope Brian does get the arse sooner rather then later and he comes back!!......unfortunately i doubt this will happen :(

Fancy that!!....getting told earlier in the year you won't be playing first grade regardless of your form.....how pi$$weak!!

Sterling

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Sterling said:

Bloody disgusting!!!.

I just hope Brian does get the arse sooner rather then later and he comes back!!......unfortunately i doubt this will happen :(

Fancy that!!....getting told earlier in the year you won't be playing first grade regardless of your form.....how pi$$weak!!

he was abit tipsy and even wanted to give me Smith's phone number so i could tell him off!.....i also heard of the way they treated solomona....it made me sick.......at one stage i thought the guy was gonna break down...thats how upset about leaving parra he is.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sterling said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Sterling said:

Bloody disgusting!!!.

he was abit tipsy and even wanted to give me Smith's phone number so i could tell him off!.....i also heard of the way they treated solomona....it made me sick.......at one stage i thought the guy was gonna break down...thats how upset about leaving parra he is.

Your Kidding!!, regardless of him being tipsy....this probably would have made you see the light abit clearer if you no what i mean!!

Give me the bloody Ph number :evil:

And Brian doesn't want these players at our club who actually shows what it means to leave our club.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Sterling said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Sterling said:

Bloody disgusting!!!.

Your not the only one mate, i was shatterd with the way solo was treated, in fact utterly disgusted, for a bloke who loved the club so much and made plenty of good mates here just to be tossed away is sheer madness, i just hope he absolutley carves up for the Wildcats in the ESL. As for Witty i feel for him too, so much for Brian Smith having big wraps on him!

I think its time for Smithy to move on for Parra's sake, im beggining to agree with Ray Price even now, that we wont ever win the comp under Smithy!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Mr Parra Eels said:
Sterling said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Sterling said:

Bloody disgusting!!!.

Your not the only one mate, i was shatterd with the way solo was treated, in fact utterly disgusted, for a bloke who loved the club so much and made plenty of good mates here just to be tossed away is sheer madness, i just hope he absolutley carves up for the Wildcats in the ESL. As for Witty i feel for him too, so much for Brian Smith having big wraps on him!

I think its time for Smithy to move on for Parra's sake, im beggining to agree with Ray Price even now, that we wont ever win the comp under Smithy!

Solomona was my favourite player.......it broke my heart to see him leave....he wore his heart on his sleeze IMO!!!

Smith has got to go........we can't have that THING coaching our First Grade side!!

Sterling

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Ive got Brian Smiths number.

mate make fun all you like......he offered to give it and i said no...but i asked him for his number so i could catch up with his brother micheal and afew of the others....im too much of a parra freak......in asking for his number though i assured him i wasnt gay....but just a FANATIC

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Sterling said:
PARRA_FAN said:
Ive got Brian Smiths number.

mate make fun all you like......he offered to give it and i said no...but i asked him for his number so i could catch up with his brother micheal and afew of the others....im too much of a parra freak......in asking for his number though i assured him i wasnt gay....but just a FANATIC

:lol: :lol: :lol: .....there's nothing wrong with that!!......you see i've meet alot of people & seen all sorts in my long life & i've got so. many people's ph numbers just from a 20 min good old chat man & female!!, im a pretty sort of social bloke when out who has never had problems finding friends.

Doesn't mean your a wooli woofter you guy's just hit it off socially!!

bartman

Immortal
This doesn't sound good for club morale. No wonder Steve's form overall wasn't as good in the second half of the year, and Solo looked shattered in Premier League. These guys have friends and teammates in the club, and word about this stuff would get around and effect others' performances.

I can understand dropping a player for a few weeks so that they get fitter, better, hungrier etc (worked for Dykes eventually), but to outright tell players they won't be considered all year is a big downer. I think a similar situation emerged the year Chris Lawler was killing them in First Division but Brian would not promote him despite shamboloic first grade halves play?

I feel for Steve and wish him well at Newcastle. But lets hope that whoever our 25 for next year (26 including coach) bond well, create a positive atmosphere, concentrate on the job, and get the job done together. Smith's player clean-out does really signal his last opportunity - if we're not doing well mid-year, I feel the club will make moves (contract or not).

Whether people think is fair or unfair, too late or too early isn't really the question - this is just what I can see eventuating.

Chipmunk

Coach
Smith should just f@#$ off now. It is time to go Brian Smith, you are the weakest link!!!

ParraMatt

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
Mr Parra Eels said:
Sterling said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Sterling said:

Bloody disgusting!!!.

Solomona was my favourite player.......it broke my heart to see him leave....he wore his heart on his sleeze IMO!!!

Smith has got to go........we can't have that THING coaching our First Grade side!!

He was my favourite Player aswell.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
To often in the NRL we see a lack of loyalty in the modern game.

Some players move onto greener pastures, for the sacred dollar, with no regard to their team mates and the club that brought them up through thier juniors, and taught them all they know.

In this case we have a player wanting to show loyalty, and then being told that he will never play NRL, regardless of the cricumstances.

This is unacceptable.

Regardless of any well lubricated sour grapes that Steve Witt may have, it became apparent to me that Brian Smith did not want him in first grade.

With Dykes not available for most of the year, there was not too many options that we did not try at 5/8.

When Waggs was left at 5/8 for quite a few games and Jamie Lyon barely got his hands on the ball, it was apparent that Steve Witt was never intended to get a first grade gig with Smith in charge.

Smith has shown alot of stubborness, not to put Steve Witt in first grade, when we needed him.

Perhaps some of those narrow losses may have been narrow wins.

Shame Smith Shame...................

half

Coach
after reading this my respect from brian has dropped somewhat

what happened with solo exactly?

Eelectrica

Referee
Bloody Smith wanting to have a settled halves combo at the start of the season, wanting to go with the guy who has performed in the finals. :shock:

Bloody Smith for being honest with his players :?

He was probably responsible for S Witt getting injured while Dykes was injured as well. :x

Having said all that I don't understand the Solo situation at all. Seems like we've lost a handy player and got nothing in return.

Latest posts