What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still the best!

Macca

Coach
Is it just me or is anyone else excited about the fact that we can still thrash the second best team in the world without the likes of McGrath, Warne and Bevan?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm excited.

But India ar along way from the No 2 team in the world, IMO.

choc_soldier

Coach
This, I guess, shows that there is still a gap between Australia and the rest of the world when it comes to world cricket. But it is closing. Can't say that I am overly excited about this domination, but whenever we win, it's a good feeling.

To be fair, I think the Indians are tiring a bit after such a long tour, where they have put in their all, and being knocked around in Perth probably did not help them either going into this finals series.

I think it all goes down to fitness, and also the fact that we can reach into our domestic pool if we get an injury, whilst the Indians only have so many to choose from without having to fly someone out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McSharkie said:
Twizzle said:
I'm excited.

But India ar along way from the No 2 team in the world, IMO.

And who is in front of them? In order please.

South Africa and England on world rankings.

But I'd rather play the pomms any day.

DJDL

Bench
Not really. I think India are a better all-round side than us, but have lost their momentum and confidence after Perth.

Last night didn't really inspire a heap of confidence that we will be at the top for a while to come.
Fair enough we got the early breakthroughs, but we should have rolled them a lot cheaper than we did.

For mine, I say it's a bit bloody rude to send the Indians to Perth for their last couple of matches before the finals when they haven't played there all summer. They get over there, struggle with the extra bounce, Brett Lee takes a few heads off, and all of a sudden they lose confidence in their stroke play.

Then they play Zimbabwe, who are on a hiding to nothing, and so also adopt a "let's crack some heads" attitude, give India a scare and they lose more confidence.

Then it's off to Melbourne, where the wicket is slower and less bouncy, and they have to readjust their game again. It's easy to be bundled out cheaply in that situation. And I dare say if, when we go to SL, a similar thing happened to us i.e. we play decent, bouncy wickets, then get sent to a low, slow, turning dustbowl for the big matches there'd be all sorts of outcry about playing conditions.

All the bowlers bowled well - surprisingly Harvey, though I would not expect that too often from him.

And the runs came from the usual suspects. What happens when Gilly, Hayden and Ponting fail to perform? We still don't know, and it inspires no confidence in me.

I think we'll be in for a tough time in SL.

Macca

Coach
What happens when Gilly, Hayden and Ponting fail to perform?

Symonds, Clarke and Bevan get runs. Katich will soon too. You sound like another bleeding heart to me. If India a re a better all round side than us the I'm a monkey's uncle. Fairdinkum, they don't have a good keeper batsman and they have no where the strike power we have with the ball. Their wonderous batsmen are their only saving grace!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McSharkie said:
In your opinion, please.

Definately South Africa.

I would like to see more of Pakistan, Kiwis and the Pomms to comment further. I'd need to see the Kiwi's play overseas. Theu are very good on thier own wickets.

At least South Africa, beacuse they have a much superior attack, than India.

DJDL

Bench
Sorry, I forgot about the other "usual suspects".

I'm actualy surprised India didn't play Partiv Patel a little more in the series. Sure he's missed a few stumpings, but other than that he seems a pretty tidy keeper, and he hits the ball really well.
Prior to yesterday I'd have had him in there ahead of that left-hander that got sconed the other day (can't remember his name), but he got all the runs last night so who knows?

Their bowling may not have the big name like Lee or Gillespie but I still think guys like Balaji and Pathan have big futures ahead of them. Then you've got Kumble, who is world-class, Agarker is bowling well. It's a pretty good lineup

Macca

Coach
Not a patch on ours though, even without McGrath and Warne.

I reckon India are just ahead of Sth Africa, but it's very close. England would be destroyed by India. Pakis are ok, but don't have the great 5 batsmen India has. The last WC proved a few things in my mind and India have continued a fair bit of success since then.

Anonymous

Juniors
Don Juan de Lotto said:
Sorry, I forgot about the other "usual suspects".

I'm actualy surprised India didn't play Partiv Patel a little more in the series. Sure he's missed a few stumpings, but other than that he seems a pretty tidy keeper, and he hits the ball really well.
Prior to yesterday I'd have had him in there ahead of that left-hander that got sconed the other day (can't remember his name), but he got all the runs last night so who knows?

Sorry I can't agree there while Parthiv certainly has potential, and will probably go on to pretty big things his keeping at the moment is dismal.

Sure it can't be easy against the likes of Anil Kumble and to a certain extent Harbajan, he makes way to many errors that have probaly turned out costly to the Indians.

Definatly one to watch, but needs to improve over the hill.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
About time you got your new banner, Earl.

How many super supreme's did that cost you ?

Latest posts