What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop AFL plague

syphon

Juniors
timmy!!!! said:
iggy plop said:
"Narrow-minded", "xenophobic", "bigot"!! haven't you got a University lecture to go to?? Same terms all the time.

Only on a RL forum is being called educated an insult.
HAHAHAHAHA

GOLD!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

syphon

Juniors
Wild Man From Borneo said:
At least we've still got State Of Origin
the fact that youve got SOO is an indictment to the code as a national competition.

the AFL will never have a good state of origin between two states, because it is never going to be the best v the best. in AFL, the best players come from all around the country.

NSW and QLD are the only places in the world that are league strongholds, and thus it is possible to have good competetive matches between them.

QLD though, and in particular Brisbane, could be debated whether it still is actually a league stronghold.

CASSIE

Juniors
iggy plop said:
What a disgraceful situation we will have in this city if the bloody AFL get precedence over the NRL for use of Telstra Stadium. It's bad enough having hours upon hours of Aussie Rules shoved down our necks on free-to-air each week, now we are seeing that mob really pushing their weight. The NRL must get pro-active and stop the rot. Sydney is a league city. The AFL and media in Melbourne don't give other sports an inch down there.

You'd think AFL was the number game in Sydney. There are more games on radio and TV - It's a disgrace. NRL get your act together!!!!!

I am starting to believe those running League are really AFL sleepers....Sydney have AFL shoved down their throat....and not a word from the NRL...... :evil:

Matt23

Staff member
Your all being a touch paranoid, after watching tonights fumble-a-thon match between Brisbane & Collingwood, Rugby league fans have nothing to worry about, and i'm anticipating an an excitement packed Rugby world (sarcasm) that will break all records (records for the most number of penalty goals kicked, most numbers of penalties awarded etc) the only threat to Rugby League is mismanagement.

Ron Jeremy said:
We have an Ashes series to attend to at the end of the year...AFL has a game of............... gaylic football :lol: :lol: , this is where League has the significant upper hand.....where atleast expanding internationally where as AFL internationally is in the same place it was 50 years ago......non exisitent

Oh, the ignorance.

Approx 15-20 countries with structured AFL competitions, I can't be bothered working out the exact number. If you don't believe me, check out www.iafc.com.au sometime, buddy.

By percentage, AFL has grown more in the last couple of years internationally than league has, even with the AFL nazis screwing around with the IAFC and not giving stuff all funding.

They're still behind, but they're growing, and they're doing it as quickly, if not quicker, than we are.

Alan Shore

First Grade
syphon said:
Wild Man From Borneo said:
At least we've still got State Of Origin
the fact that youve got SOO is an indictment to the code as a national competition.

the AFL will never have a good state of origin between two states, because it is never going to be the best v the best. in AFL, the best players come from all around the country.

NSW and QLD are the only places in the world that are league strongholds, and thus it is possible to have good competetive matches between them.

QLD though, and in particular Brisbane, could be debated whether it still is actually a league stronghold.

You ballet watchers really make me laugh. All the Victorian propaganda pumped into you - you actually think Victorian Ballet is popular in Queensland & Brisbane! The Sunshine State will always be owned by Rugby League, end of story. And don't give me crap about TAS, WA, and SA, because they're insignificant. In reality they're just big country towns with about as much importance as the guy in the gutter.

Tamazoid, if I remember correctly, you live in Victoria.

You'd probably therefore know that club rugby league down here is almost dead.

You probably also know that club AFL in Queensland and NSW is growing - to the extent that a town like Brisbane and surrounds has...

AFLQ Seniors
AFLQ Reserves
AFLSQ Premier
AFLSQ Premier reserves
AFLSQ First Grade
AFLSQ First Grade Reserves
AFLSQ Second Grade
AFLSQ Second Grade Reserves
AFLSQ Third Grade (Wide Bay Hinterland division)
AFLSQ Fourth Grade

Then it has about the same number of junior levels.

Then outside Brisbane you have the

AFL Cairns
AFL Darling Downs
AFL Capricornia
AFL Townsville
AFL Mackay

All these leagues having ressies as well, except the ALFDD.

The state of Victoria

has

VRL first grade (about 6 sides)
VRL second grade (four sides)

And that's it.....

Alan Shore

First Grade
TheFirstRabbitoh said:
Ron Jeremy said:
We have an Ashes series to attend to at the end of the year...AFL has a game of............... gaylic football :lol: :lol: , this is where League has the significant upper hand.....where atleast expanding internationally where as AFL internationally is in the same place it was 50 years ago......non exisitent

Oh, the ignorance.

Approx 15-20 countries with structured AFL competitions, I can't be bothered working out the exact number. If you don't believe me, check out www.iafc.com.au sometime, buddy.

By percentage, AFL has grown more in the last couple of years internationally than league has, even with the AFL nazis screwing around with the IAFC and not giving stuff all funding.

They're still behind, but they're growing, and they're doing it as quickly, if not quicker, than we are.

AFL Overseas Leagues? What a load of tripe. They will never match the Leagues of RL in Lebanon, France, Russia, UK etc.

iggy plop

First Grade
TheFirstRabbitoh said:
Ron Jeremy said:

Oh, the ignorance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zulu said:
Oh can't we all be friends.
...as soon as the aussie rules supporters in Melbourne realise that they have a Rugby League team and actually begin to support it...that's when i might consider going to a Swans game.

Seriously, we shouldn't make fun of Gay-FL :lol:

Mark Rudd

Juniors
What dont you guys actually DO something about it rather than coming here and bleating about it like a bunch of whingers?

I LOVED the way a lot of you all got together on RLEAGUE and arranged to all sit together at Aussie Stadium for the Test match. Worked together to help the crowd figures grow. It was great!

Why dont you all get together again and write letters to all the media types(radio, newspapers, TV) and say what you REALLY want? Which is?

MORE Rugby League news!

I come from VIC where AFL is flooded into all these media areas. The Herald Sun has 8,9 or 10 pages plus every day on AFL. They have their reports from the games on the weekends(full pages too, not like RL's 'down the side of the page' reports in NSW). Then on Monday its all done AGAIN!

They say its a religion down here. Well, get off your lazy arses and make RL a religion up there. DEMAND you want MORE RL news! And LESS news from you-know-which sport(s). Write letter after letter. Plead with your Clubs, Media and the NRL.

Sitting here talking about it does nothing. Nothing at all.

incomparable

Juniors
...as soon as the aussie rules supporters in Melbourne realise that they have a Rugby League team and actually begin to support it...that's when i might consider going to a Swans game.
I am a Victorian and no disrespect but why the hell would I want to support a club that only exists because of super league. Give me my tigers any day. Loyal supporrter for over 20 years.

I will still go to their games but I won't support them.

dimitri

First Grade
your club isnt there only because of super league

the arl had already planned a melbourne team in the early 1990's with the team likely to be called the monarchs

all super league did was fasten the process

the arl did plenty of hard work such as coaching clinics adn state of origin matches in getting the city ready for a RL team

now that you have one stop complaining and get behind it

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [/quote]

Mark Rudd

Juniors
So no one gives a damn about my idea's eh?

Well, bad luck when the game of RL suffers because you so called 'fans' did nothing about it.

What a pathetic bunch you guys are.

millersnose

Post Whore
Mark Rudd said:
So no one gives a damn about my idea's eh?

Well, bad luck when the game of RL suffers because you so called 'fans' did nothing about it.

What a pathetic bunch you guys are.

you are of course preaching to the converted

i hazard a guess that most of the older members here have sent correspondance to the NRL and various media organisations outlining our concerns

Mark Rudd

Juniors
What? 2 or 3 guys?

It would take hundreds upon hundreds of letters. At least.

Too many computer nerds here that wouldn't have the guts to try it anyway.

incomparable said:
I am a Victorian and no disrespect but why the hell would I want to support a club that only exists because of super league. Give me my tigers any day. Loyal supporrter for over 20 years.

I will still go to their games but I won't support them.
I'm glad you said that. Why would you go to a storm game..there's really no incentive. Half of Melbourne probably don't even know they have a team. Who's fault is it: N R L !
The AFL are doing a damn good job at promoting the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions. Their games are shown on TV (at resonable times) > people become interested > their games are advertised > people decide to watch it live...
Though, their succession has been helped by their terrific on-field performance. But when the Storm won the NRL comp their efforts wern't recognised much in Melbourne...But if the Swans win the AFL comp I could imagine how much excitment there would be in Sydney.

Latest posts