What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strongest team next year

iam not realy a souths suporter but i was wondering if you could tell me the strongest team in your oppinion you could name for next season

Seano

Juniors
ill give it a go!

1. Todd Polglaise/ Brad Watts
2. Luke McDougall
3. Terry Hill (he will be at souths unfortunately)
4. Lee Hookey
5. Adam Macdougall
6. Dean Byrne
7. Willie Peters
8. Scott Geddes
9. Brett Kearney
10. Paul Stringer
11. Bryan Fletcher
12. Justin Smith
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Glenn hall
15. Willie Manu
16. Luke Stuart
17. Another back i dunno

not a bad team - the strength is in the forward back - the backs are well, crappy but better than this year. i dunno if Willie Peters will get the 7 but the other guys are just too inexperienced to start with it i think.

Mambo

Juniors
My suggestion is that it doesn't matter what your strongest team is, it is your depth that will bring success the season.

I'm happy about the wave of youth coming through the club, with Riddle, Polglase, Champion, Gordon, Boston, Wood, Byrne, Hall, Milton etc etc.

If the fans can just sit out maybe 1 more gut wrenching season, then these blokes will start to come good and develop into a top class unit. some of the lower grade talent is bloody awesome @ souths. Watching a below strength premier league team smash the sharks has given me great hope for the future. I am willing to bide my time waiting for these players to develop.

I keep thinking back to 2001 and Brian Smith's "Baby Eels team". I feel we can replicate that with the recruitment we have done.

Seano

Juniors
death has retired but even so would not be in the team imho.
as for walker i doubt he will be there next year - he has an "attitude" problem and doesnt get on with langers (dunno who has the attitude lol)

weggie

Juniors
grab a number 7 off the street before peters..... absolute use value = 0

hire a granny for the year stick a 7 on her hunchback and we have a better half than poor little willie. whats wrong with kearney... he will surprise many.
and anyone can play hooker these days..stick one of the new halves in their for a while... they just have to pass the ball dont they and run from dummy half.
:mrgreen:

Seano

Juniors
kearney is being groomed for hooker next year and thats where he will play.

if fit and still at the club willie peters will be the half back

RifRaf

Juniors
You guys make sure you find a safe place for that Wooden Spoon it's going to be with you for a while.....

Mambo

Juniors
RifRaf said:
You guys make sure you find a safe place for that Wooden Spoon it's going to be with you for a while.....

I refer you to my post above. Two or three seasons from now our team is going to be bloody awesome.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Didn't you guys recently sign the Aussie schoolboys halfback from the Roosters or something? I think his name is Joe Williams or something.

Any news on Jamie Fitzgerald or Joven Clarke. I have heard suggestions they may be moving to Parra, but not a whiff of it anywhere except a few posts on these forums.

Seano

Juniors
yeah weve signed joe williams - jamie fitzgerald is prob going to parra while joven could either stay at souths or go to the sharks or parra

weggie

Juniors
i sure hope not seano...
if peters is even as much as on the bench for souths.....its going to be another season of wood.

the guys a park footballer at tops.

RifRaf

Juniors
I feel sorry for you blokes next year... Your basically going to be running out the Tigers 2002 team ......Bajouri, Craige,Robinson, Manu , Hill and Senter with Langmack as the coach at least you'll have something to stir the pot with....

Alan Shore

First Grade
1. Useless neville
2. Useless neville
3. Useless neville
4. Useless neville
5. Useless neville
6. Useless neville
7. Useless neville
13. Useless neville
12. Useless neville
11. Useless neville
10. Useless neville
9. Useless neville
8. Useless neville
Interchange
14. Useless neville
15. Useless neville
16. Useless neville
17. Useless neville

Coach: Useless neville

Grantwhy

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
1. Useless neville
2. Useless neville
3. Useless neville
4. Useless neville
5. Useless neville
6. Useless neville
7. Useless neville
13. Useless neville
12. Useless neville
11. Useless neville
10. Useless neville
9. Useless neville
8. Useless neville
Interchange
14. Useless neville
15. Useless neville
16. Useless neville
17. Useless neville

shouldn't you be posting the 2004 Sharks team in the Sharks forum?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's sad to know that the souths squad is worse than any other team, and if that's the sharks line up, then souths are looking forward to another bleak season.

rastus

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
1. Useless neville
2. Useless neville
3. Useless neville
4. Useless neville
5. Useless neville
6. Useless neville
7. Useless neville
13. Useless neville
12. Useless neville
11. Useless neville
10. Useless neville
9. Useless neville
8. Useless neville
Interchange
14. Useless neville
15. Useless neville
16. Useless neville
17. Useless neville

That sharks squad is certainly better than this years :lol: :lol: :lol:

rastus

Juniors
RifRaf said:
I feel sorry for you blokes next year... Your basically going to be running out the Tigers 2002 team ......Bajouri, Craige,Robinson, Manu , Hill and Senter with Langmack as the coach at least you'll have something to stir the pot with....

Thank god you losers resigned Senter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: