What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Student World Cup

Hardly anything ever gets mentioned of this tournament but it's on in July.

The Irish team has been named and it's far more Irish than the one we'll see in November.

Almost impossible.

As far as I know, it's in Autralia in July. The only teams that seem certain starters are Australia, England, Ireland and Wales. Presumably others such as NZ will play. But who knows. It's part of the "Festival of World Cups", which was supposed to be armed forces, wheelchair and police as well. But the wheelchair tournament has already been shifted to France and I don't even know if the others are happening.

adamkungl

Immortal
Almost impossible.

As far as I know, it's in Autralia in July. The only teams that seem certain starters are Australia, England, Ireland and Wales. Presumably others such as NZ will play. But who knows. It's part of the "Festival of World Cups", which was supposed to be armed forces, wheelchair and police as well. But the wheelchair tournament has already been shifted to France and I don't even know if the others are happening.

*sigh* Rugby League..

Hey there's every chance the RLWC organisers will have them all shut down to avoid conflicts with the main event.. they have form.

Only a month or so away.

Still no idea who's even playing in it.

I've seen Australia, England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland mentioned. That's it. NZ would have to be in it but beyond that, who knows?

Ok so after some investigation it is apparently

Australia
England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Pacific Islands

From July 5 to 17 in Sydney

No NZ, France or anyone else of note.

So like the women's WC this event has gone backwards.

DlEHARD

Juniors
This is outrageous, surely a draw exists. How can you expect teams to come and people and sponsors to kick in?

This isn't just a comp in some far flung country, it is supposed to be the pinnacle of the game.

Latest posts