What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stupid city vs country

What a farce and waste of time (woftam - waste of f_ _ _ _ n time and money) we better not get any players injured, either pick all the other players such as the ones that are exempt of dont bother havent it all, realistically what chance have our players got of makin the state of origin side anyway????? i would like to see them play state of origin, but in al likely hood, as they say pigs might fly, or we could be pushin sh!t up hill.

Gobbso

Juniors
Mate, its rep football. If you were an 1st Grade footballer, you'd definitely have a different opinion. Sure you make valid points about injury and so forth, but Rugby League is a contact sport, and they are the consequences involved. It is representative football for a start, where player's are finally recognised for their achievements. They may not necessarily go any further, but at least they can say that they take the next step in their Rugby League careers. Ask Hodgson and Skandalis is they think its a waste of time? You'd get an answer, probably in the form of a HELL NO!

Bench
Agreed Gobbs,but our run with injuries is pretty ordinary though.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
I like city\country cause at least we get someone in there. However I dont feel much passion towards any side, any would not really get dissapointed if city loose. For the players though, its a reward and means everything to them, and I hope they all give it their best shot.

innsaneink

Referee
I can just imagine how it would feel to a player....after the satisfaction of getting picked to play first grade they then get a taste of senior rep footy...must be a pretty amazing feeling....to be classed as one of the best out of all first graders.
Rep footy is what footy is all about.......its recognition and reward.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
^^ what they said. Players who perform should be rewarded, and although it is unlikely either Skandalis or Hodgson will be picked for SOO, if they have blinders the selectors will remember in further rep team selections (HOPEFULLY!!).

I like city v country and am probably more passionate about supporting city than I am supporting NSW. Also, great to see some Tigers in there again.

King Tigerman

Juniors
bloody oath

look there are 25 players playing tomorrow night who wouldnt get an opportunity to play rep football if it wasnt for this game also having it at a place which is halfway will make it a 50/50 crowd unlike origin

btw city to win

magpiemax

Juniors
I wonder if Newcastle supporters think It's a waste of time now that Abrahams broken his ankle!! :cry:

yappy

Bench
I bet if you ask Abrahams today he'd still say he'd want to play.

That was no exhibition match, unless by exhibition you mean exhibition of top class skill, passion and commitment. Both packs brought the hurt, and the halves had their brains switched to "maximum scheme", to put their backs away.

Watching Hodgo scramble like it was a GF didn't indicate any lack of interest to me. Those boys were playing for their jerseys, for their team mates, and for the chance of a Blue Jersey. A very important part of the calendar that must be preserved.

simon says

First Grade
Didny Hodgo put in. ws surprised to see him outpace Amos Roberts to save a certain try......good work.He is a gun,and had a big one last night.