What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suds

snout

First Grade
I can wear that defeat.
6 in a row and you get closer to a loss.

I actually thought we werent that bad. Very good at times.
They were just better. Much better at times.

The beauty of sport is to get another shot at someone who makes you look ordinary. We dont play this mob again before the semis but we got a look at them tonight and we played 70 minutes on the backfoot and still ended up about 1 try away at the end.

We will be better if we meet them again in the playoffs. They peaked tonight. Wont be much better with their stars back.

Hopefully Chad learnt he can run at the line and come out the other side tonite. It is possible.
Snoop was busy at the back and has plenty of confidence. Will be a real handful on the wing with this form.
Ive been saying it since round 1 - l love what brailey does but ld have seggy playing the bigger minutes.

We got the tactics wrong tonight.

Souths compressed there defence and we got caught out three ways. Flanno has to recognise this if we play them again in the Semi’s.

1. They know we make ground and get momentum out of our own end with our backs from dummy half. So they compressed their defence and muscled up and we got garbage metres from our backs tonight and no momentum and their forwards stayed fresh.

2. When we did have more territory and on the attack they were rushing up quickly and nullifying our time to set things up.

3. Too much one out running with our forwards. They have us for size with the Burgess brothers and they slowed our play the ball by dominating us in tackles.

We have to play a more expansive style to move their big pack around and tire them out quicker and lessen their effectiveness.

We got the tactics wrong tonight.

Souths compressed there defence and we got caught out three ways. Flanno has to recognise this if we play them again in the Semi’s.

1. They know we make ground and get momentum out of our own end with our backs from dummy half. So they compressed their defence and muscled up and we got garbage metres from our backs tonight and no momentum and their forwards stayed fresh.

2. When we did have more territory and on the attack they were rushing up quickly and nullifying our time to set things up.

3. Too much one out running with our forwards. They have us for size with the Burgess brothers and they slowed our play the ball by dominating us in tackles.

We have to play a more expansive style to move their big pack around and tire them out quicker and lessen their effectiveness.
I thought so too on point 1.
Lee, loots, feki and katoa all over 100m tonight.

Weaponhead

Coach
It wasn't great bit probably not that bad.

Tactically out thought. Too one out in attack. Looked good when running with support. Their support runners showed the difference in energy.

Got owned for territory. They are a strong pack to handle and they clearly won the physical battle. Moyza only works when we are on the front foot. Flanno needs to find a plan B if we aren't going forward.

Feki doesn't deal with kicks well enough to stay in the full strength team. Reynolds terrorised him tonight.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Feki is a confidence player. As soon as one goes down, at least another one will.

We looked very small out there. I said no in the Shazza thread, but maybe another bigger body is necessary to compete with them and the goons?

I like Edrick.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Plenty of doom and gloom elsewhere, but I actually thought we were probally own worse enemy in a lot of ways and weren't that bad. Souths were very good, things they were doing with the ball and movement of the forwards was unbelieveable. Limited mistakes and they played like we did in the closing stages, threw the ball around like the globetrotters and they generally all stuck.
Good lesson for all involved and in consideration we lost Graham, Mr Dugan Glass, it was a fair effort.

Weaponhead

Coach
This loss will be positive in the longer term. It shows that they can't rely on one out Flannoball against the stronger teams.

The get out sets need more variety against big, motivated teams. Souths jammed up and bashed Feki, Loots etc. Needed to do some early shifts to gain ground and move them around.

The only times we troubled them was with offloads and support.

Chad's kicking game is not strong enough to kick early if we are losing the yardage battle. Reynolds kicking was several classes above.

Flanno needs to tweak the game plan for the better teams. Realy to make adjustments in the game but it didn't come until it was over.

SadShark

Bench
Who is the stats man that can tell how many times Townsend kicks the ball dead or out on the full per game?

txta2

Bench
I know he is 2 from 12 goal kicking on rhs. Rubbish
Main issue I heard a commentator say was Gal was the only forward to make over 100m,thats with 15 mins to go...poor

Card Shark

Immortal
I know he is 2 from 12 goal kicking on rhs. Rubbish

We know you hate him (& it’s your perogitive) but that is rubbish.

He takes too f**king long.

However, he’s not as bad as you make out. He’s not a JT or Cronk.

shaggs

Coach
The team played like they were fatigued and coming off a 5 day turnaround.

Next game is a 9 day week.

If you have surround sound you could hear perenara yelling for players to get out, clear, roll away, before the souths player had even hit the deck. Conversely, Rabbits laid all over us , as long they wanted.