What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suli

glockers

Juniors
I think Suli has hit a mid year slump. If it continues it may hurt him more than help long term. It os time to drop him to NSW Cup and put him back in his natural position (opposite side of the field if I am properly informed) to build his confidence back up.

Anyone agree?

Tiger05

First Grade
I agree. He has been close to our best player and maybe it's time to play him in his best position in a lower grade and let him kill it before being bought up again,

The problem is that I bet he is the best centre in all grades that we have.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You've got 7 days left to pick up Marketo to help turn your season around.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He doesn't get the ball. Luke Brooks constantly hits Lovett or teddy/naquima get it before him and don't pass it. It makes no sense at all. He is basically a dummyhalf runner.

However agree he needs to be moved to the right side of the field.

He's a good prospect but he's getting very few opportunities and horrible ball. He's effectively being used as a battering ram.

That being said, I'm not sure he has the turn of pace or acceleration to make it as a top line centre in the NRL. If we don't pick up any 2nd row options and we do sign Rona and another back, I'd like to see him get a run in the back row at some point next year. He'd be a genuine threat and open some space up for his outside men if he could handle the workload.

glockers

Juniors
Well can Masters play left centre? If so switch them. If not shift Masters into the second row.

Lawrence is only one side?

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
If he is a right centre he should be playing there. I think he has been good and I'm prepared to give him a lot more time. He is far from our issue however we really need him to be our shining light at the moment because there is no else available to fill that role.

glockers

Juniors
I think we should shift him to his prefered side, maybe even on the wing, but if it is right centre it leaves a question about what to do about Masters.

Plus who goes left centre?

ATOWN2

Juniors
Suli has been one of the only highlights for this season. I don't want to see him dropped to NSW Cup. Move him to his preferred side and give him some chances. He's only going to keep improving with experience.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Suli has been one of the only highlights for this season. I don't want to see him dropped to NSW Cup. Move him to his preferred side and give him some chances. He's only going to keep improving with experience.

Your level for highlights must be pretty low.

Looks too heavy and slow to be a centre so unless he drops some bulk, maybe a back rower.

ATOWN2

Juniors
Your level for highlights must be pretty low.

Looks too heavy and slow to be a centre so unless he drops some bulk, maybe a back rower.

Of course. He's been one of the only shining lights in this team this season. We're at risk of being wooden spooners this year if we can't beat the Knights on Sunday. Suli hasn't lit the world on fire but he's been solid. He makes good metres out of dummy half and racks up 100m+ each game. He doesn't put on any huge hits in defence but he's reliable and doesn't get flustered under the high ball. Being 106kg he definitely has the size to be a back rower but I'd rather see him get a bit leaner and increase his speed to solidify his position in the centres. He hasn't scored a lot of tries this season but neither has any of the Tigers this year...leading try scorer for the Tigers has scored 5 tries all season!

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Suli is tops. He does look to be missing explosive pace or movement but he is a big kid. I reckon we should see how he develops but give him time at centre.

It's not like he isn't our first picked centre on form right now anyway.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Outplayed Jack Bird @ leichhardt in a top drawer performance v sharks.Hopefully we will get more consistent quality efforts from him next yr.