What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Tele: Calling the shots at the Sharks

Frenzy

Juniors
ShireShark said:
Does anyone know where Deano would be found right now?

Frenzy I know you would even if youre one of the tiny minority who arent pro-Deano!

Snug as a bug in a rug at his house. His Australian house that is. Been back in Australia for about 3 weeks

BTW not anti Deano either. But I do find it insulting to the myriad of players who went before him when people refer to him as the heart and soul of Cronulla. Just another wholehearted player IMO.

I also think re signing him would be a retrograde step. We have just as good or better now.

Frenzy said:
ShireShark said:

Frenzy I know you would even if youre one of the tiny minority who arent pro-Deano!

We have just as good or better now.

Gibson, and Bosnich? The jury is definately out on the better part.

Frenzy

Juniors
Sheros los Deros said:
Frenzy said:
ShireShark said:

We have just as good or better now.

Gibson, and Bosnich? The jury is definately out on the better part.

Yep. Gibson as good and Bosnich better. Far superior ball skills to what Dean ever had. Makes more tackles and more effectively. Makes as much ground from dummy half.

It is OK to move on. Dean won't be forgotten, hell he may even be back, but he ain't and never was the be all and end all :)

Shark

Bench
I agree with much of what Frenzy is saying - And I rate Pat Gibson very highly too.

The thing to remember with Deano is that he probably wore #17 more times than he wore #9 in seasons 2000-2003. That takes nothing away from his role, it just means that his coaches chose to use him in that interchange fashion instead of a starting player.

What does this mean? Well, many coaches these days seem to feel that you need TWO very good hookers in your team.

With Bossie though, I'd rather see him cement a 2nd row / interchange role. I'd really love Dean and Pat to be our first pick hookers for '04.

millersnose

Post Whore
cant agree frenzy

treister was head and shoulders above anything we got now

his last first grade appearance for us b4 he was dropped was a MOM performance

he and kimmorley were the only shining lights in the finals loss to the warriors last year

i watched him on ESL this year and he was having blinders

i would seriously put him in the top 5 hookers in the world

dannyboy

Juniors
millers, you've got those damn black-blue & white glasses on again.

Gower & Johns rate as better hookers

millersnose

Post Whore
the phil bailey band said:
i would seriously put him in the top 5 hookers in the world
So you are saying Treister is even close to Priddis? Thats funny
Treister is washed up and as Frenzy said Bosnich is a far better option

i would actually put him ahead of priddis

priddis is hot and cold

treister is always good

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Now you have those anti Preston Glasses on again & Priddis is guilty of association.

Priddis is, always has, been first rate. Without doubt the best hooker the NRL has seen in the last ten years. Buderus is good, but not as.
Treist is very good, but again, not everyone can be the number one in their chosen position.
Priddis is number one by 2 country miles.

millersnose

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Now you have those anti Preston Glasses on again & Priddis is guilty of association.

Priddis is, always has, been first rate. Without doubt the best hooker the NRL has seen in the last ten years. Buderus is good, but not as.
Treist is very good, but again, not everyone can be the number one in their chosen position.
Priddis is number one by 2 country miles.

i will back off

i was being theatrical

the point remains though that i think treister is in the top 5 hookers in the world

these are all opinions though

and it has nothing to do with bias

i dont rate particulair players just because they are sharks

for example i think the most undeserved player in the recent test was bailey

out of my top 5 players only 1 is a shark

johns
kimmorley
fittler
ricketson
morley

imasharkie

Coach
I'm with you Millers.
Dean Triester should be resigned right now, bugger anderson, we need a bit of heart in our team in 2004 and thats what Deano will bring with him when he returns to where he rightly deserves...BRING BACK DEANO...get that petition going now before another club gets him