What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunrise - origin in perth

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
The cast of sunrise don't seem to like the idea of origin in Perth

- Natalie Barr "is calling it now..." Saying it won't work. Like she is some authority on all things sport and Perth
- Kosh thinks Gilliam won't be worried about it. Always AFL tie in
- Sam doesn't seem to like it and kept calling it a "simple game"

My guess sell out

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
It would sell out there, it would sell out in any state. Mostly cause 1) expats and 2) novelty for non rl fans.

Personally wouldn't move it cause of the time difference but it would be a success imo.

Incorrect

Coach
I think channel 9 would love the time difference aspect. The way they drag shit out already where teh game usually kicks off at ~8:20pm anyway after anthems and all the otehr rubbish is done, it's clear to me that 9 would love a kick off closer to 8:30. If they kick off 6:30pm Perth time, it fits like a glove for channel 9 ...

And as if it wouldn't sell out! FMD. If they can sell out the MCG, then a city like Perth with an even stronger rugby league interest generallly and a smaller ground, selling it out is a no brainer...

jargan83

Coach
Sunrise are just peddaling out the AFL propaganda because Channel 7 coughed up the dollars to telecast the AFL.

The new stadium will sell out for reason already indicated in this thread, heaps of ex-pats and locals will be keen to watch it. I know alot of people over here that probably don't have a keen interest in the NRL on a week to week basis but they always watch State of Origin.

mongoose

Coach
Sunrise are just peddaling out the AFL propaganda because Channel 7 coughed up the dollars to telecast the AFL.

The new stadium will sell out for reason already indicated in this thread, heaps of ex-pats and locals will be keen to watch it. I know alot of people over here that probably don't have a keen interest in the NRL on a week to week basis but they always watch State of Origin.

and yet you would think channel 9 has paid for the AFL as well the way they suck up to it...

LESStar58

Referee
The cast of sunrise don't seem to like the idea of origin in Perth

- Natalie Barr "is calling it now..." Saying it won't work. Like she is some authority on all things sport and Perth
- Kosh thinks Gilliam won't be worried about it. Always AFL tie in
- Sam doesn't seem to like it and kept calling it a "simple game"

My guess sell out
I don't know who Natalie Barr is but the other 2 should be locked in to portable toilets and set on fire.

LESStar58

Referee

Spot on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
WA media has been very positive. It's embarrassing to read so many called rugby league fans comments on social media, the level of ignorance and myopic view of the game is astounding.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The funny thing is afl doesn't have a showcase event it can sell the WA govt. all of the money will be spent bringing NRL, soccer and union major events to the stadium!

Warriors Fever

Juniors
WA media has been very positive. It's embarrassing to read so many called rugby league fans comments on social media, the level of ignorance and myopic view of the game is astounding.
I think it's mostly been positive from what I've seen, I think it's a great move and I would love to see it. I think a few nuckle dragging supporters don't realise ANZ Stadium is set to be under construction at that time.

Kochie sounds like a busted A**sehole and as for Armitage, I would rather french kiss Rolf Harris.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Its cold and raining in Perth so far 10-10am hope it improves for the game at 3 30 Perth time

Last edited:

Latest posts