What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles

Dutchy

Immortal
Looking forward to see how they go in the QLD cup.

Apparently for of these players have been given an oppurtunity with MWSE 1st grade squad in the pre-season.

Hopefully Manly can uncover some future NRL stars from this fairly un-tapped area!

Dutchy

Immortal
SUNSHINE COAST PLAYERS CRACK MANLY SQUAD

Major Sponsor Announcement Boosts Club

While the economic woes maybe hitting some sectors of the community, the Caloundra RSL Sea Eagles have been boosted by some great news of late that is sure to assist the newest Queensland Cup club in season 2009.

First off the rank is the news that the long anticipated pathway to the NRL has commenced already with the 2008 NRL Premiers with four players heading into training and camp with the entire NRL Manly squad. Secondly is the news that trade and retail supplier, Select Bathroom and Plumbing Centre has partnered with the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in 2009 as one of their major sponsors.

“It has been a pretty good week on a number of fronts”, added CEO Brett Winkler. “It is great to see the four players rewarded for great off-season training and it is vital to their potential NRL development. This will be an ongoing thing with Manly and before you know it players will actually start signing deals in the future”

The four Caloundra RSL Sea Eagles players heading south are Steve McPhee, Josie Hawkins, Luke Smith and Cameron Joyce. They will arrive on Sunday then base for the week at Manly Headquarters at the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen before returning to the Sunshine Coast next week after becoming one of the NRL squad members and doing everything as part of the Manly top squad.

“This is a dream come true and I can’t believe that I will be part of the squad that won this year’s premiership”, stated Josie Hawkins. “Only a few weeks back I was watching them in awe as they took out the premiership and now I am training with them.”

Added to the great news of an NRL pathway for locally based players the Caloundra RSL Sea Eagles added the latest member to their sponsor base with the announcement of Select Bathroom and Plumbing Centre as one of their major sponsors. Select are locally based retail and trade outlet that is expanding throughout Queensland.

“It is awesome to have Mark and the team onboard with us”, declared Winkler. “This is a great sign of faith in our growing sports business that we have forged with the community and it will only get bigger.

Gone are the days of donations in our organisation with a real return on investment emphasis where we can provide more for all sponsors with TV game telecasts, outside area visitation, larger crowds, increased overall media coverage, expanding direct marketing opportunities via our club and Manly’s network, high level events and more. We certainly need many more sponsors but someone like Select coming onboard helps us greatly in providing these kinds of opportunities for our players at this very moment which is a career highlight for many players.”

Don’t forget Footy Fest ’09 with tickets on sale early January.

http://www.sunshineseaeagles.com.au/news/sunshine-coast-players-crack-manly-squad/

dubopov

Coach
LOL at "Fairly un-tapped area"... Over 50 Sunshine Coast juniors (15 -18) are on NRL Contracts/Scholarships etc with most clubs having a couple at least. Brisbane have at least 10.

Dutchy

Immortal
Dont worry about him. Hes just being a dick because I put him in his place on the cricket forum yesterday.

dubopov

Coach
LOL at Dutchy ..

April .. Do you get the Sunshine Coast DAily ?? Read it, you'll find out ..

davidn

Juniors
I follow the junior rugby league rep footy with a keen interest, dont live on sunny coast so dont see the daily. I also would be interested to know the broncos junior recruits..i believe Tennyson Elliott and Sean Pickup are two that are signed.

dubopov

Coach
There are four Sun Coast boys in the Toyota Cup squad - James Ackerman and Todd Murphy from Caloundra, Tyson Andrews (Kawana) and Josh Williams (Gympie) .. thre are a few more in that age group playing in Norths and Easts QLD Cup. It may not be appreciated if I name other younger players that I know of because not all are public knowledge.

Dutchy

Immortal
Over 50 Sunshine Coast juniors (15 -18) are on NRL Contracts/Scholarships etc with most clubs having a couple at least. Brisbane have at least 10.

You named four that are contracted to an NRL club. Where is the other 46?

dubopov

Coach
You named four that are contracted to an NRL club. Where is the other 46?

Dutchy .. There's more than 46 others .. at last count I'd figured there are 83 in total .. ( if 2008 contracts are all still legit ).

..and I won't be naming them .. you do your own research .. there's no way that I would give info to a Poster who is antagonistic like you .. I don't care whether you think this is fact or not .. you mean nothing to me..

Mind you, we could play a game of "Rich List" .. for every three I name you could give me a 6 Pack ..

gong_eagle

First Grade
scse-trialposter.jpg

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Watched the local channel 7 news last night and Mayor Bob Abbott said the Sunshine Coast Regional Council will be requesting a meeting with David Gallop in relation to the new stadium.
Now if the state and federal govts kick in....and the NRL is being asked or sought out about a few major issues, then I would hazard a guess about the inclusion or provision of a licence.
Obviously a fair way down the track...

I guess time will tell but this appears to be gaining a bit of momentum with a lot of hard work being done behind the scenes by a lot of experienced people.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Watched the local channel 7 news last night and Mayor Bob Abbott said the Sunshine Coast Regional Council will be requesting a meeting with David Gallop in relation to the new stadium.
Now if the state and federal govts kick in....and the NRL is being asked or sought out about a few major issues, then I would hazard a guess about the inclusion or provision of a licence.
Obviously a fair way down the track...

I guess time will tell but this appears to be gaining a bit of momentum with a lot of hard work being done behind the scenes by a lot of experienced people.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Gallop would be invited to provide the minimum requirements of a facility that would get approval for NRL matches to be held there. This doesn't mean a Sunshine Coast NRL team although they may happen within the next 50 years.

Manly has indicated they will transfer 3 home games a season if a ground and suitable stadium is built. Other clubs might transfer games there on a one off, like they currently do at Blue Tongue.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Romantic Rinaldi at home on the Coast
12:00a.m. 3rd February 2009
| By Peter Gardiner
http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/feb/03/julien-rinaldi-sunshine-coast-manly-sea-eagles/

It is fitting that an affair of the heart has landed the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles its French international signing in World Cup hooker Julien Rinaldi.

Rinaldi’s playing skills were courted by the Sea Eagles officials for a Queensland Cup debut this season after the French vice-captain spent a week on the Coast with his national side preparing for the World Cup.

And in the end Cupid came through for them with the 29-year-old European Super League veteran having an Aussie love interest.

“I knew the area here because of my partner (Loren Herring).

“She is Australian from Forster in New South Wales, but she has family who live here at Caloundra....so it feel likes I know the place.”

Rinaldi has signed a one-year deal that could open the door to promotion to the NRL via the Coast’s status as an official Manly feeder club.

That sort of experience also has his heart aflutter, but the 87kg utility player who is just at home at halfback, is also enamoured by the prospect of kick-starting the local Sea Eagles venture.

Born in French league heartland, Rinaldi was part of the Catalans Dragons side to spearhead the French connection with Super League and he is keen to play a similar role on the Coast.

“It is very exciting to be over here – I feel like it is club building like I did with the Catalans Dragons. This is the same thing for me – helping the club grow up.

“I was with the Catalans Dragons for three years and then moved to London for the last two years (to play with the Harlequins) and then I decided to come over here.

“I’m excited to be a part of the Manly family and hopefully have a few games of NRL maybe.”

Early injury marred the French vice-captain’s World Cup campaign,but he will get to show Sea Eagles coaching brains trust in Dennis Moore and Brandon Costin what he can bring to the side in upcoming trials.

The first hit out is against Easts Tigers at Langlands Park in Brisbane on February 14 followed by Norths Devils at Stockland Park on February 21 and the Balmain Tigers on February 28 also on the Coast.

The Sea Eagles are delighted with the experience he brings to the club, but as far as Moore is concerned it will be a case of tough love Queensland Cup selection.

“There’s no guarantees for anyone – everyone’s fighting for a spot,” Moore said.

“The scrapbooks don’t matter, it’s who trains well, performs well, fits in well...they’ll all get their chance and form will dictate.”

Rinaldi has been told that Queensland Cup is a good standard of league but will have to wait and see for himself.

“The hardest thing for me might be going from a professional club to a semi-professional club, so it might be a bit different for me – but talking to Brandon he said the boys are really professional in their attitude.”