What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl LI

shiznit

Coach
Atlanta choking played a big part!
That is such a geniused argument that only ever gets brought out by haters...

The same thing happened when they beat the Seahawks...

The dude puts pressure on the opposing team by delivering in the clutch moments...

It's not like Atlanta just gave them 25pts... he got pressured a shitload... he got sacked 5 times FFS...

Shorty

Staff member
That is such a geniused argument that only ever gets brought out by haters...

The same thing happened when they beat the Seahawks...

The dude puts pressure on the opposing team by delivering in the clutch moments...

It's not like Atlanta just gave them 25pts... he got pressured a shitload... he got sacked 5 times FFS...
Well the Pats would have lost that game if the Seahawks had simply ran the ball!

If Atlanta didn't have an epic choke there would be no come back to have.
They were down by like 20+ points to begin the comeback soo...

mave

Coach
It wasnt the points differential, it was the inability to run the clock and play smart that cost the Falcons, and gave Brady a chance, which he duly took.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Amazing game.
I thought it was over when they didn't go for 2 and missed the XP, then it was over when Julio made that catch, then it was over because surely the Falcons can defend at least one 2 point conversion, then it was over because the Falcons still had a minute to drive for a FG, then I realised they had burnt all their time outs.

axl rose

Bench
You've gotta love sports!

90821f5b19338c4124f6aeb9c8f86617.jpg

Shorty

Staff member
Amazing game.
I thought it was over when they didn't go for 2 and missed the XP, then it was over when Julio made that catch, then it was over because surely the Falcons can defend at least one 2 point conversion, then it was over because the Falcons still had a minute to drive for a FG, then I realised they had burnt all their time outs.
I guess this is what happens when you have a young team and coach.
Inexperience.

Those 3 3rd down penalties on that crucial drive, the Atlanta defense stopped the Pats plenty of times only to get holding calls.
Really what was going on with the offence though, should have been easily able to close out the game.

DC_fan

Coach
Well the Pats would have lost that game if the Seahawks had simply ran the ball!

If Atlanta didn't have an epic choke there would be no come back to have.
They were down by like 20+ points to begin the comeback soo...

I don't believe the Falcons choked. They had chances which they failed to take, while the Patriots took most if not all of theirs.

kurt faulk

Coach

How the f**k do you blow a 25 point lead in the 4th qtr? That's unheard of in the history of the nfl. thank God the Rams didn't hire this Shanahan loser. The winning fg in sight if they run the ball 3 straight downs and he calls a freaking long pass play. What a f**king dumbo. Hopefully he calls the same way for the whiners moving forward.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't believe the Falcons choked. They had chances which they failed to take, while the Patriots took most if not all of theirs.
I dunno what you consider a choke then...
28-9 one quarter to go.

DC_fan

Coach
I dunno what you consider a choke then...
28-9 one quarter to go.

I didn't see anything in the Falcons performance to show they choked. What I did see was the Patriots lift their game considerably and outplay the Falcons. A team with Brady in their lineup should never be written off.

Canard

Immortal
There is a lot of crap swirling around Brady, but what a 4th quarter from him.

He was already a Legend, but this is surely the GOAT now.

Shorty

Staff member
I didn't see anything in the Falcons performance to show they choked. What I did see was the Patriots lift their game considerably and outplay the Falcons. A team with Brady in their lineup should never be written off.
Well I agree with you but a lead like that shouldn't let any team come back.
Brady was always coming back but it should have been too little too late.
Remember last year with Denver, they kept them out.

Anyway I've softened on the win since learning Brady's sick mum was watching, I'm sure that provided even more spark.

some11

Referee
A big moment that the Falcons didn't seem to capitalise on was the Julio Jones catch, that's a momentum-killer if I've ever seen one.

Latest posts