What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super league 2018

jim_57

Staff member
Leeds need to win both games remaining and hope one of Catalans, Wakefield or Huddersfield don't get another win. Another draw/s obviously throws another spanner in the works as well. Hull KR still a very outside chance if they win all 3 and Huddersfield or Catalans lose twice.

6. Wakefield - 19pts, +25
7. Catalans - 19pts, -72
8. Huddersfield - 19pts, -228
9. Leeds - 16pts, -94
10. Hull KR - 13pts, -98 (Still to play round 21.)

Round 21
Widnes V Hull KR

Round 22
Castleford V Huddersfield
Leeds
V Widnes
Hull KR V Warrington
Catalans V Salford
Wakefield V Hull FC

Round 23
Hull FC V Hull KR
Huddersfield
V Wakefield
Wigan V Catalans
Salford V Leeds

I could see the losing team of Huddersfield V Wakefield missing out.

roughyedspud

Coach
So here we go into the stupid 8s again...and yet again it's highly unlikely that anyone from outside the top 4 will break into the top 4....no doubt it'll all be settled by week 2 of the stupid 8s and we'll have 5 weeks of pointless games...

Thank f**k it's going cos it's a right momentum killer..we should be having 6 week of intense playoff footy now not this shit...

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
So here we go into the stupid 8s again...and yet again it's highly unlikely that anyone from outside the top 4 will break into the top 4....no doubt it'll all be settled by week 2 of the stupid 8s and we'll have 5 weeks of pointless games...

Thank f**k it's going cos it's a right momentum killer..we should be having 6 week of intense playoff footy now not this shit...

So doesn't this give the Championship sides the aspirations of promotion, won't this increase the home crowds & give them a revenue boost, then there's the Million Pound game, it's all about survival!.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Have to say I've lost a bit of interest as the season has progressed. Just seems like a lot of the regular season games are worthless. Too many games....

adamkungl

Immortal
Congrats to Wigan, too good again.

Tight game but the class of Williams, Tomkins, Leuluai etc meant they took advantage of their scoring opportunities when they came while Brown and Roberts floundered.

I attended my first SL GF and had a great time.
I'm 2 for 2 attending finals with Catalans and Wigan both getting up.

The crowd of 64k has to be seen as a bit of a let down. After the northerners blamed Catalans for the below usual Cup turnout, who will they blame for this? Too many Frenchman on the field? (congrats to Navarette and Escare for being the first French players in a Super League Grand Final)

When will the penny drop for the RFL that the current structure of 35 odd club games per season has fans and players too fatigued by the end?
Disappointing crowds for finals.
Quality of football not at its peak.
Clubs struggling to field full teams for games of supposed importance in lower grades.
The changes they've made for next season have focussed on the wrong things.

And Tomkins should have been sin-binned for the accidental knee to the head of D Clark. But yeah, too many matches.

Should play the Challenge Cup final on the first Saturday of October, 3pm kick-off. Get rid of the GF, 22 rounds to win the SL title. Top 8 from SL go into the Challenge Cup, played during September and Oct. So only SL teams in the C Cup. Played over 4 weekends, use the McIntyre System, 1 v 8, 2 v 7 etc, as they used to in the NRL.

thorson1987

Coach
I like Wigan. Could be the only club over there that could cut it in the NRL. And no reject NRL plodders to be seen in their squad.

*cough*
skysports-sam-tomkins-wigan_4266853.jpg

*cough*

Jankuloski

Juniors
The Wolves were a carbon copy of the Dragons under Steve Price: absolutely clueless in attack!

“Defense wins games”. No, a good balance of attack and defense wins games.

Warrington were closer this time than ever.. damn.

Latest posts