What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Grand Final - Castleford Tigers vs Leeds Rhinos

Golden point

Juniors
The players I know say when the Rhino balls get wet they are like playing with a cake of soap
I would have assumed that the English comp would have the very best ball for wet weather. But the evidence is undeniable. That's exactly what it looked like.
Such a same.
This might have been the first and only game of rugby league some people have ever seen....and the last.

Golden point

Juniors
Perfect in that they did exactly what they needed to do to completely shut down Cas (despite a high error rate).
If you want to take it literally, I doubt anyone has made a perfect 0 errors in a Rugby League game before.
The storm are perfect at what they do.
Perfect in that they did exactly what they needed to do to completely shut down Cas (despite a high error rate).
If you want to take it literally, I doubt anyone has made a perfect 0 errors in a Rugby League game before.
Shut down? They knocked on 20 times! They shut themselves down.
The Rhinos shut themselves down less.
Perfect? Say it again.. it is very amusing .

LeedsStorm

Juniors
The storm are perfect at what they do.

Shut down? They knocked on 20 times! They shut themselves down.
The Rhinos shut themselves down less.
Perfect? Say it again.. it is very amusing .

Storm make 9.7 errors per game. Hardly perfection. Leeds played the conditions better and forced many errors.

Not a great spectacle for the neutral, I agree, but a great story and end to what has been an interesting season.

All I saw in the NRL was a completely dominant Storm and a bunch of games played in empty stadiums, so SL was arguably a better source of entertainment

Evil Homer

Staff member
This might have been the first and only game of rugby league some people have ever seen....and the last.
It wasn't so good but then last week's semi was one of the best games of all time so it is what it is. Not like the NRL GF was a classic this year either.

Golden point

Juniors
You guys are funny.
Look at what you're defending..why?
You can argue with me till the cows come home but it doesn't change anything. It was rubbish.
I don't watch much super league and after that it will definitely be less.
Anyone who saw that game won't be in a hurry to see another.
Rugby League just gave itself a massive black eye.

adamkungl

Immortal
You guys are funny.
Look at what you're defending..why?
You can argue with me till the cows come home but it doesn't change anything. It was rubbish.
I don't watch much super league and after that it will definitely be less.
Anyone who saw that game won't be in a hurry to see another.
Rugby League just gave itself a massive black eye.

It wasn't a particularly good game, no one said it was. Leeds did dominate it comprehensively though. 24-0 after 79 minutes.

adamkungl

Immortal
Can you imagine fans from another sport claiming a single mediocre game is a giving itself a massive black eye, fmd

Don't know how the NRL recovered from the Manly Melbourne GF floggings of 07-08.

Golden point

Juniors
Can you imagine fans from another sport claiming a single mediocre game is a giving itself a massive black eye, fmd

Don't know how the NRL recovered from the Manly Melbourne GF floggings of 07-08.
" a single ( mediocre?)game "
Who do you think your kidding?
1 : the word your looking for may be pathetic?
2: that " 1 game " is the most attended, pinnacle of the sport in europe. Just the climax to the entire season...
3: yeah there's floggings but they still demonstrate high skills
4: yes I said black eye.... how does that suggest the sport will never recover?
Didn't say that.
Anyone who witnessed that ( A LOT) have been given a very very poor impression of the sport.

Evil Homer

Staff member
" a single ( mediocre?)game "
Who do you think your kidding?
1 : the word your looking for may be pathetic?
2: that " 1 game " is the most attended, pinnacle of the sport in europe. Just the climax to the entire season...
3: yeah there's floggings but they still demonstrate high skills
4: yes I said black eye.... how does that suggest the sport will never recover?
Didn't say that.
Anyone who witnessed that ( A LOT) have been given a very very poor impression of the sport.
Lol no most people probably realize that out of 200+ matches in the season not all of them are going to be classics, most people don't just watch one ESL match a year and decide that it's some damning indictment on the sport because they dropped the ball on a rainy day.

adamkungl

Immortal
Lol no most people probably realize that out of 200+ matches in the season not all of them are going to be classics, most people don't just watch one ESL match a year and decide that it's some damning indictment on the sport because they dropped the ball on a rainy day.

f**k I hope no one drops the ball in the World Cup final :( International embarrassment!

Golden point

Juniors
If you hadn't watched a game of rugby league and you wanted to see what it was all about.... what is the game that you would most likely bother to watch?

Yeah...you'll say it only the GRAND FINALE .. I'm sure the regular games are much better quality..

They would be thinking that this is the best the sport has to offer.

But please guys don't let reality bring you down...they're all banging their fists on the table demanding more of this Mr bean type contest!

Wake up.

typicalfan

Coach
Leeds won the game on the back of their line speed mainly. I found it brilliant to watch. Castleford felt the pressure Leeds are clearly the more experienced in big games.

As for comparisons to the Storm. Cowboys made one error and gave away no penalties in almost an hour of football yet lost 34-6. You could argue they played better on the night than they did in all their wins in the finals. That is the best club side since the Broncos Raiders 90s sides who were in an era of a less stringent salary cap.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Well I bloody loved it too, but I'm clearly biased. To see the effort and commitment from a side we've seen utterly broken, it's pretty inspiring. Interviews with Stevie Ward also a highlight. In a time when mental health issues are clearly prevalent but not necessarily well dealt with, his story is fantastic. Credit to the (awesome and not at all overrated) game

Latest posts