What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Supercoach needs to be reworked to finish in R25. The H to H GF's are a farce with players being rested in R26.

Agree with this.

My projected score for this round was 1250 and I scored 950 losing to the guy who came 8th. My 2nd only loss for this season.

Highlights include:

Joel Thompson 12
Reynolds 22
Thurston 27
Parker 55
Woods 49
Tolman 48
Slater 16
T. Williams 34
Mateo 33

Coaches just f*ck around too much in Round 26.

some11

Referee
Super Dogs pipped Birdsville Broncos by 2 points in the last round to claim the $30,000 :lol:

Finished 101st overall, bring on Supercoach Finals.

Edwahu

Bench
FMD, I was leading by 20 after the first rescoring yesterday. Check after its closed and I lost my Grand Final by 1 point to some nuffy who came 7th and had no AEs. I don't know why they have to rescore some games 3 or 4 times.

Supercoach head to head sucks, its overall or bust next year for me.

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Agree with this.

My projected score for this round was 1250 and I scored 950 losing to the guy who came 8th. My 2nd only loss for this season.

Highlights include:

Joel Thompson 12
Reynolds 22
Thurston 27
Parker 55
Woods 49
Tolman 48
Slater 16
T. Williams 34
Mateo 33

Coaches just f*ck around too much in Round 26.

Some woeful stuff this week, it's ridiculous that the GF is decided there.

I can barely understand why there's no H2H for the first three weeks as it's a flimsy excuse, but there's no reason for there to be byes in rounds 17+18.

So either start in round 3 and miss one of the 17/18 byes to finish before Round 26 or start round 1 and finish well before 26.

NFL Fantasy football usually has it's playoffs/finals in weeks 15+16 since they know 17 is a crapshoot.

I can only think that the league one is 1-26 to maximise use since if the H2H finals were completed by round 24/25 only the few remaining overall players would be active.

I'll still join a H2H comp next year but there's none of the excitement of H2H that you get from an NFL league. Hard to be interesting when you have 13 similar players and Sheens/Smith ruin your points of difference.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Anyone doing Supercoach Finals?

I've gone with:

FB - C. Norman
W/C - S. Earl
5/8 - K. Foran
HB - J. McCrone
2R - S. Fensom
FR - A. Tolman
HK - C. Smith

RHCP

Bench
Anyone doing Supercoach Finals?

I've gone with:

FB - C. Norman
W/C - S. Earl
5/8 - K. Foran
HB - J. McCrone
2R - S. Fensom
FR - A. Tolman
HK - C. Smith

I just entered into my league. Team so far is:

FB - Inglis
W/C - Linnett
5/8 - Graham
HB - Segayaro
2R - Finucane
FR - Gallen (c)
HK - Hinchcliffe

But I'll probably have a shift tomorrow afternoon.

some11

Referee
Remember only 6 players count towards your score with the 7th being an AE (pretty stupid imo)

Run with 6 good players and a nuff at 5/8.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Scored 431 in the first round. Captain Gallen was a fail but got beefed up by some unexpected big scores from Sandor Earl and Sam Williams.

This week I've got:

FB M. Bowen
CW K. Linnett
HB J. Thurston
SR S. Fensom (c)
FR S. Burgess
HK M. Ballin

So I guess I'm hoping for a big game from the Cowboys.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Anyone else get a Supercoach survey email?

mMBQW.png

LEAGUE LEAGUE UNLIMITED

Here's something interesting...

How interested would you be in
- Smartphone app improvements
- Flexible lockouts before each game
- Supercoach design improvements

Last edited:

diggo

Juniors
Was having a brilliant week until Gallen screwed me up last week! I also didn't know about the 7th player auto emergency, my lowest scoring player did really well (Fonua 54) so that was a waste. Still scored 499 and ranked 150th

1. Waqa CTW 64
2. Williams 5/8 65
3. Morgan HFB 82
4. Gallen CAPTAIN 68 X 2 FRF 136
5. Fensom 2RF 67
6. Smith VICE CAPTAIN HOK 85

7. Fonua FLB 54 :(

Walt Flanigan

Referee
:sarcasm::lol:

:lol: It wasn't a very good survey.......mine f*cked out about halfway through asking me which days and times I look a Supercoach.

Anyone see this update from Sangster about revamping next years scoring system:

We?ve got some massive improvements in line for next year:
* Tweaking the scoring system slightly to reward attacking stats (+2 points for tries, try assists, linebreaks and linebreak assists) and adding drop outs forced by kicker (6) and tackle breaks (2 or 1). We are also tossing up making runs two points for a run over eight metres, and one point for a run under eight metres. These changes are aimed at bringing backs and halves into the game. We hope the changes will lead to teams looking less similar by the end of the year ? fixing the No. 1 complaint from fans in our research.
* Rolling lockouts for every week (which also has the added bonus of solving auto emergency issues).
* Adding minutes and points per minute to the stats centre (but not scored, just as a tool).
* Fixing auto emergency rule to include minus scorers.
* Review of prizes (there?s thought being given to allocating prizes to the top two or three overall, as opposed to winner takes all. Plus we are also looking at bringing in ?Turbo Rounds? - weeks were the weekly prizemoney is worth considerably more - to spice up the season).
* Review of try assist rule.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
If they add in more points for tries and linebreaks and assists, it may end up like the Fox Sports Fantasy game where having guys who score tries is all you need.

Dropouts forced is a nice stat to include though.

Edwahu

Bench
It should be less points for tries and more for genuine linebreaks and try assists. Sometimes guys get the ball with basically nothing in front of them and run over the line and end up getting 25pts for it.

Drop outs forced is a good addition though.

Latest posts