What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2014

I think the scoring will remain the same they had there re jig last year.
I thought they may overprice Brooks.
I would take Hayne over Tomkins.
Everyone will have Peats.

I won't pick Brooks first up. I think his price could go up but if the Tigers have a slow start his price could plummet. I would rather pay for Thurston first up.

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
I find it strange that every other fantasy game has raised the salary cap on par with the NRL, while Supercoach salary cap stays the same. Also, having players like Brooks and Mantellato way overpriced for just one game of NRL experience will make this years supercoach the hardest ever

hardbaby

Coach
It will be a lot harder to upgrade this year. The beauty will be at the end of the season. The guys you play will still have many of the guns but the other scoring players will be very different and their squad on the whole will be different. It's better. But I do find the decision not to increase the salary cap strange.

hardbaby

Coach
Everyone will have Hayne, Peats & Hopoate.

I'm not convinced by Hoppa. He's been out for a long time, playing for the team that has won the spoon twice and playing out of position. I think he'll end up as a solid player but I expect him to take a while to settle.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
waited a few weeks last year and got both parker and gallen for around 40k cheaper. I'd give Tomkins a few weeks to settle into the pace and the side and possibly go down in price a bit.

Might watch the nines first before cementing a team, injuries for the obvious reasons but to see who has picked up a step or two of pace, added offloads to their arsenal etc etc. I reckon the storms offense will go backwards this year so fewer conversions for smith with barba doing the opposite for parker at the donkeys.

hunters

Juniors
waited a few weeks last year and got both parker and gallen for around 40k cheaper. I'd give Tomkins a few weeks to settle into the pace and the side and possibly go down in price a bit.

Well his first three hit outs are against the Eels, Dragons and your mob. I expect the Cows to put up a fight but he may well run rampant in the first two weeks. Wouldn't surprise if his price rises after round 3.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Well his first three hit outs are against the Eels, Dragons and your mob. I expect the Cows to put up a fight but he may well run rampant in the first two weeks. Wouldn't surprise if his price rises after round 3.

you realise you are combining the "warriors" and "games they should win comfortably" lol

hunters

Juniors
You may be confusing winning games with super coach results! Irrespective of the results, I'd expect Tomkins to make a line break or 16 against the eels.

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
any get a decent look at remi casty during the WC?

To be honest, I don't think he will be of any considerable value this year, due to the sheer size and depth that the Roosters have in hitherto front row. He won't get enough minutes in hte pack to be worthy of picking for Supercoach this year, especially since he will be around the 200k mark

Cena

Juniors
Don't like the new pricing system should of keep the old one. Was expecting to get brooks and Hampton as my back up halves was also thinking Tomkins and hoppa would be around 150k each. I finished top 1 thousand last 2 years but it's always hard to get a decent team. I usually start the year with with 4 it 5 87k players but now 3 rookies I was planning on are way over priced.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I don't mind the new pricing system, it just means the old strategy won't work as well. Just means you'll probably have to increase your nuffie count by 1-2 this year to make up for the guys in the 150-250k range who used to be cheapies

andrew057

First Grade
Don't like the new pricing system should of keep the old one. Was expecting to get brooks and Hampton as my back up halves was also thinking Tomkins and hoppa would be around 150k each.

Thats the point mate.

Every man and his dog wouldve had those players at those prices.

hunters

Juniors
Yeah much better system. Having Tomkins and Hoppa at 150k would have been ridiculous and would mean we'd all have them. Pointless.

Warmess

Juniors
Yeah I think this new scoring system looks good. Their point is to not have every team be the same thing, which it would be under the old system. Every single player would have Tomkins, Brooks, Hoppa, etc. At least now there'll be some good debates around how to fill up slots, who will be the young guns to look out for, blah blah.

Latest posts