What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXVII: Honouring Morgan Freeman on Helium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
BrainTestTHINK_BIG_Promotions.jpg

curvy letters are below?

Apey

Staff member
Just finished my every other year watch through of Scrubs. h8ers gunna h8 but still one of my favourite shows.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just finished my every other year watch through of Scrubs. h8ers gunna h8 but still one of my favourite shows.

agree.. one of my favourites as well.. can't even count the number of times i've watched through it..

although i did stop watching when they had the writers strike, as the shark looked to have well & truly been jumped by then....

i think it started to go off the rails when laverne came back as shirley...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Its an illusion.

Manager: 30

Manager gives 5 to Bellboy. ($25)

Bellboy holds 2. Gives 3 (total is $5, equation fits).

Bellboy has 2, manage has 25, three guys have 3 = $30.

It is when you work back from the guys it changes: they each pay 10, but then get 1 back, equaling 9, totaling.

Its a mathematical illusion because order of algorithm is important, and doing it from the 10 to 9 bit is not the way the problem is presented.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Or did I just derp :lol:

nope.. you didn't derp..

it's a case of building it up from the bottom..

$25 room.
$2 "tip" for the bellboy

$27 total expense.

3 guys pay $10, get back $1 each = $27 total outlay.

Apey

Staff member
agree.. one of my favourites as well.. can't even count the number of times i've watched through it..

although i did stop watching when they had the writers strike, as the shark looked to have well & truly been jumped by then....

i think it started to go off the rails when laverne came back as shirley...

Yeah, Season 7 was pretty crap. Knowing you're a fan, I suddenly feel like DKoR is JD and you're the Janitor.

You are supposed to subtract the $2 to get the original payment of $25 rather than add it on the $27 and wonder where the other $1 went.

They paid $30. They got $3 back so they essentially paid $27, but $2 of this $27 they have paid goes to the bus boy.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
No, I'm right. You don't add, you subtract.

$30 was paid, $3 refunded. $2 to bellboy, $25 to manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.