What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXII - Honouring The White, Off White, Cream & Beige. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Would really love it if these nightmares would stop. Kthx.

i've found a simple way to help clear nightmares is to write them down when you wake up during the night..

firstly, in the morning when you read them it can help you to realise just how silly our brains can be..

secondly, it provides an outlet for you to deal with them - eg if you notice a recurring theme in the dreams it allows you to look at what may be driving this (eg is it a worry over an upcoming event, stress over something that has occurred?) which in turn helps you to address what is causing them (you may not realise you are anxious about something..)

and thirdly, if the nightmares are recurring, by writing them down and being aware of them consciously, when you are dreaming them again, your brain will be able to more easily identify that it is in a dream, which helps you to get out of it..

something that helps me anyway..

Abz

Juniors
do you mean those situations where you try to train your brain to be prepared for the situation?

Red Bear

Referee
My recurring nightmaraish dream is working at the service station I once worked at again. Every time I just think why am I back there.

Only worked there for two years and finished over 5 years ago.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My recurring nightmaraish dream is working at the service station I once worked at again. Every time I just think why am I back there.

Only worked there for two years and finished over 5 years ago.

given you're currently looking to start your professional career (i think that's you, yeah?) that would be playing on your mind..

as such you're ending up back at the servo for one of two reasons..

1. you have anxiety about your career and may have some fear that it's not progressing, so your brain is manifesting this fear as your career going backwards (hence the thought 'why am i back here?")

or..

2. you felt comfortable working there (eg no stress) so your mind is taking you back to a place where you were employed, and also had not stress..

Dani

Immortal
It's the same every time. No pictures, just the sound the cars made when they collided.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's the same every time. No pictures, just the sound the cars made when they collided.

continually re-living a major event like a car crash via your dreams can be a symptom of post traumatic stress.. have you spoken with your doctor or a counsellor about the incident?

Dani

Immortal
It only happened on Thursday. But yes. I have. Just getting all the TAC stuff sorted out.

I have nerve damage in my neck which is causing problems with my right arm and damage to my eye socket/muscles.

And 3 weeks off work...

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
rough trot mate, but glad to hear you're getting help for it..

with all these things, time is one of the only things that can help, but grab onto whoever else you can in the meantime..

Red Bear

Referee
given you're currently looking to start your professional career (i think that's you, yeah?) that would be playing on your mind..

as such you're ending up back at the servo for one of two reasons..

1. you have anxiety about your career and may have some fear that it's not progressing, so your brain is manifesting this fear as your career going backwards (hence the thought 'why am i back here?")

or..

2. you felt comfortable working there (eg no stress) so your mind is taking you back to a place where you were employed, and also had not stress..
Yes, I am looking at starting my professional career, applying for different roles. There is probably a little of that to it, and I also will dream I'm at my current role. In that case though it is usually both obviously my current workplace whilst being different also, different bar arrangement, different set up etc. I think the latter is probably more related to current sentiments, where i've been dissattisfied with my current job (particularly night hours, despite it being easily the best casual job I have worked), frustrated I haven't been able to progress at this stage into a proper career.

The servo is a bit worse. Looking for employment likely a factor again but I really was pretty miserable by the time I quit that role, working 11-7am really f**ks with you mentally I think and just the though of working that place again fills me with dread. And it wasn't that bad otherwise, easy job, but those hours and the work place by the end I was just done with, quit without another job lined up (kind of dumb, but I had to perform better at uni), and would never consider working there again.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
when you lick them, the seats on sydney trains taste nicer than seats on trains in other cities..

Status
Not open for further replies.