What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supporters Club Forum

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Did it go ahead before the Souths game? Anyone here attend? Could we have a rundown on how it went? Any tough questions asked?

Surandy

Bench
It went ahead. The Storm representatives were Frank Stanton and Brendan (forget his surname, the marketing manager for the Storm).

Frank was introduced as the Storm CEO and he made the point of stating that he is the interim CEO. They were available for about 45 minutes worth of questioning. But we got the same old questions with one notable exception. There was no question about whether the Storm would remain in Melbourne. Frank jumped on that topic in his opening comments to avoid any of those questions.

Questions were raised about the crowd sizes, ticketing prices, membership packages, access to the social club for guests of members, possible upgrade to OP, media coverage of the Storm in general and of Storm games in particular, social/leagues club.

The answers were fairly stock standard compared with previous years, so if you've attended one forum then you pretty much know the answers.

Membership package was revamped this year to try and address some of the concerns raised in a forum last year. Crowd sizes: were being looked at to see what, if anything, could be done. Any ideas then email or ring the Storm office. Pricing: nothing likely to change there.

Access to social club for guests of members: the Storm's view was that the social club and access to the players after the game was a privilege earned by members parting with their dollars to support the club. Permanent social/leagues club: nothing likely to happen on this in a hurry but they are looking at possible options.

Coverage of Storm games on TV/radio: TV - well what can I say? Channel NEIN :evil: Keep ringing them up. Radio: when the Storm heard about SEN they were *VERY* quickly onto them to give us coverage, including calling the games. SEN won't call the game probably because they fear that if they call NRL then the AFL will ostracise them for it and SEN want's to cover AFL when the radio rights are available. But Storm is getting some support, ie Craig Bellamy has a weekly spot on Friday mornings for 30 minutes or so sometime between 10:30am and 12pm, as does Kirk Reynoldson on Tuesdays after 11:20pm, and Matt Geyer does tipping on Thursday or Friday afternoons (I'm not sure which it is as I've heard conflicting opinions).

One suggestion made was to get community radio to call or rebroadcast 2GB's coverage of the games. It will be looked into, but don't hold your breath.

They were the main questions and responses from what I can recall. Anyone else remember something else feel free to add it.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Covered everything again Surandy.

My only comment is that it was poor advertised and we should have these after a 3rd home game with advertising during the frist two games. Many people sitting around me didn't even know it was on

storm007

Juniors
Stormwarning[c said:
]

My only comment is that it was poor advertised and we should have these after a 3rd home game with advertising during the frist two games. Many people sitting around me didn't even know it was on

Good call, maybe they could do that for the next one and I am sure you have already let them know.

Thanks for the run down

Surandy

Bench
Stormwarning[c said:
]Covered everything again Surandy.

No problems, although I did leave one thing out.

Frank mentioned that the Storm is looking for a new CEO but they are still trying to decide whether to get someone that knows rugby league or someone that knows Melbourne.

Sounds like it could take a while.

Chemicalbrother, yes that was an awesome quote by Ken. :twisted:

I didn't realise until the forum started that it was for Storm members only.

Surandy said:
Stormwarning[c said:
]Covered everything again Surandy.

No problems, although I did leave one thing out.

Frank mentioned that the Storm is looking for a new CEO but they are still trying to decide whether to get someone that knows rugby league or someone that knows Melbourne.

Sounds like it could take a while.

Chemicalbrother, yes that was an awesome quote by Ken. :twisted:

I didn't realise until the forum started that it was for Storm members only.

Two things you forgot Surandy

first is above but the second was your questions!!! Are you Mircophone Shy,lol? only joking mate!!!.

Your a lovely bloke, Surandy, it was great to meet you!!!.