What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Fencing

Perth Red

Post Whore
hardly any Sydney grounds would pass health and safety in the UK, they'd all be condemed. It's embarrasing for a top tier sport to be playing in some of the grounds that are out there.

Eels Dude

Coach
hardly any Sydney grounds would pass health and safety in the UK, they'd all be condemed. It's embarrasing for a top tier sport to be playing in some of the grounds that are out there.

All you do is knock Sydney clubs so much to the point you have no credability any more... what's your solution? The way Sydney as a city is designed we can't play out of two stadiums like the AFL do in Victoria.

Loudstrat

Coach
Well then f*ck off back three ya whinging genius. At least we have teams to play in ours!

ANZ, SFS, Parramatta - all be condemned? Yeah right. But then again you reckon Penrith should be punted for having no juniors. You are a fair dinkum window washer.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade

Hardly seems an issue so long as they pass Australian regs.
I spent my Sunday enjoying my team winning in a bloody beautiful home ground AND LOVING IT.

Rocket

Juniors
That's what you get when you play out of a suburban* ground.

*sh*t ground with sh*t facilities

Good suburban grounds like Jubilee Oval are great. Plenty of atmosphere and great viewing for everyone.

I go to a lot of games at Canberra Stadium and while it is functional it just isn't the same. I even had some Manly fans say they'd love to have a home ground like Kogarah.

Oh and as for facilities it was Canberra Stadium that ran out of food before half time at the Dragons game even though they knew it would be a 20k+ crowd.

simostorm

Bench
Manly CEO was on tv the other night talking about Brookvale and how its not upto standards.. there trying to get the council or whoever it is to do some work to it..

Panthers stadium is rubbish too..

Perth Red

Post Whore
you can count the number of top RL stadiums on one hand:

ANZ (for finals/big games)
SFS
Suncorp
Skilled
AAMI

after that they are generally a hot potch of 1/2 renovated or uncovered grounds with grass hills, stands too far from the action and at too low a pitch for good viewing, no roofing, gras too small capacities etc etc. Clubs should have invested those pokie millions when they had them.

and before anyone asks no I wouldn't rate NIB stadium anywhere close to a decent stadium either, hopefully the WA Govt is about to put that right.

Loudstrat

Coach
Parra Stadium and Canberra Stadium's don't fit in that category. Half renovated ones (I assume you mean EA) are in the process of improving - so you cannot whinge at them either. I don't know of a current ground with low pitched roofing (Cumberland was but that was last used in 1981). PLus grassed hills at the ends are still acceptable as it allows cheaper tickets - important for the struggling punter.

And you are forgetting Bluetongue as usual.

Stands too far from the action - Given that no one uses the SCG (except rarely) or NSO, Olympic Park or QEII - what ground are you actually talking about?

Face it - just about every ground bar Brookie suits it's purpose. Yes - some could be improved in small ways, but it's hardly a pressing issue. And none of them are unsafe and antiquated.

Going to the footy is not always about sitting in a lounge chair.

mongoose

Coach
you can count the number of top RL stadiums on one hand:

ANZ (for finals/big games)
SFS
Suncorp
Skilled
AAMI

after that they are generally a hot potch of 1/2 renovated or uncovered grounds with grass hills, stands too far from the action and at too low a pitch for good viewing, no roofing, gras too small capacities etc etc. Clubs should have invested those pokie millions when they had them.

and before anyone asks no I wouldn't rate NIB stadium anywhere close to a decent stadium either, hopefully the WA Govt is about to put that right.

nothing wrong with canberra stadium and what about the new melbourne one?

Loudstrat

Coach
He did mention AAMI.

Having said that - he's also a whinging tard. Parra stadium - stands too far away, grass hills or roof too low - which is it PR?