What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Reigns Supreme!

Bengal

Juniors
salivor said:
Origin has got nothing to do with it, people are acting like its suddenly caught the Broncos by surprise. They've dealt with it throughout the clubs history and managed to remain successful. They also managed to win all 3 of their backing up games this year, the losing streak had nothing to do with origin.

I disagree. With the 'enforcement' of the salary cap the Broncos have less (class) players to cover the commitments of the Origin players.

In the pre-enforcement salary cap days you guys had a more than adequate supply of back-up players.

They are not there anymore!

One way to get around this problem (of less cover of rep players) is naturally - to have less players participating in rep games.

salivor

First Grade
I don't think depth is a problem, there are plenty of very good young players in our squad that just didn't get much of a run this year. We then went through a huge injury crisis. It appeared on the surface that we lacked depth but the problem was we had injruries right through the grades, it was no coincidence that Toowoomba mirrored the Broncos poor form in the back end of the season.

In-goal

Bench
i know many didn't like it but i want SOO to return to the Sunday night without club matches on the weekend.

Once Dead

Bench
In-goal said:
DING DONG THE LAST NON SYDNEY EVIL WITCH (Warriors) IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE SYDNEY RUGBY LEAGUE.....AND TO ALL YOU EXPANSIONISTS.....IF WE HAVE TO 'EXPAND' THE COMPETITION WHAT REASONS ARE MELBOURNE, CANBERRA, WARRIORS, AND BRISBANE PROVIDING FOR THAT CLAIM????? JACK!...Oh, its a good feeling........THE NSWRL LIVES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for trying Melbourne, Canberra, Warriors and Brisbane.....but the fact is....SYDNEY is where the true rugby league is.....and you are all imitators (this should stir Mark Rudd etc up)

YOU IDIOT

Why don't all the clubs in sydney just revert back to playing RU again, oh yeah real thinker this bloke.

By gee, we have a bite!
Looks like you are the only idiot and thinker here mate........read the bottom mate, sucked right in alright........lol

LONG LIVE THE NSWRL!!!!!!!!!!

FYI - Penrith, if Wests and Balmain and Manly and Norths did not merger - were to be kicked out according to the almighty criteria......so sit back and think about how stupid the criteria was..........

In-goal

Bench
no brisbane no newcastle no melbourne = no sponsors

oh let's all go and watch club RU with a bloke and his dog

Once Dead

Bench
In-goal said:
no brisbane no newcastle no melbourne = no sponsors

oh let's all go and watch club RU with a bloke and his dog

Why do you keep harping on about Rugby Union for? You seem to have a fixation with that.......just because we value the traditional home of league doesn't mean we like Rugby Union...and the NSWRL is a hell of a lot stronger than a crap club rugby comp......are you comparing the raging force of the NSWRL of the 80s and prior to the club rugby comp of today - you must be kidding........

You'll find that all the problems with league started when some of the interstate teams made their presence felt.......some team up in QLD was almost solely responsible for Super League.........the greatest thing for league.......

Seriously, everyone thinks 'they have expansion teams in America so its gonna work here'.....thing is, rugby league isn't AFL or NFL....its rugby league............

dimitri

First Grade
You'll find that all the problems with league started when some of the interstate teams made their presence felt.......some team up in QLD was almost solely responsible for Super League.........the greatest thing for league.......

Seriously, everyone thinks 'they have expansion teams in America so its gonna work here'.....thing is, rugby league isn't AFL or NFL....its rugby league............

super league had a devastating impact on the game
but you cant just blame brisbane for that
NEWS LTD was the driving force of super league
and many sydney clubs also went to super league

the dumbest thing that was done was kicking out perth, adelaide and the GC

In-goal

Bench
look im 100% League and 0% Union, i unlike some realise that in the modern economic climate that a sydney centric competition canot compete in the long run especialy with the AFL and the Coma ball going out of there way to destroy League.

Super League was a good idea gone totaly about the wrong way, i am very sad for what has gone on but the past is exactly that unless you are talking about the underhanded ways of the RFU and ARU.

Bengal

Juniors
dimitri said:

Brisbane and to a lesser extent Canberra were the driving forces behind SuperLeague not News Ltd.
News was just the outlet they turned to.

Once Dead

Bench
Bengal said:
dimitri said:

Brisbane and to a lesser extent Canberra were the driving forces behind SuperLeague not News Ltd.
News was just the outlet they turned to.

Thanks for the backup Bengal....it all started when Bennett and co. started complaining that they weren't getting treated right.......

Bengal

Juniors
Actually Impellitteri I only skimmed over your earlier post.

Had I read it fully, I wouldn't have bothered posting, because you'd already written the jist of what I wanted to say.

Once again you're quite right the sh*t started hitting the fan when Brisbane started getting upset.

miccle

Bench
yeah... sydney reigns supreme alright. Ok penrith, roosters and bulldogs in the 8. Tops. Well done.

How about:
Manly
Cronulla
St George Illawarra
Wests
Parramatta
South Sydney

yeah... those guys carve :roll:

Once Dead

Bench
miccle said:
yeah... sydney reigns supreme alright. Ok penrith, roosters and bulldogs in the 8. Tops. Well done.

How about:
Manly
Cronulla
St George Illawarra
Wests
Parramatta
South Sydney

yeah... those guys carve :roll:

The only teams that matter are the ones in the final buddy.....who cares about who finished 6, 7 or 8 last year? We only remember the grand finalists

dimitri

First Grade
Super League was a good idea gone totaly about the wrong way, i am very sad for what has gone on but the past is exactly that unless you are talking about the underhanded ways of the RFU and ARU.

super league had no idea

some people claim that super league had the idea of a "national comp"

but this is ridiculous

the arl had already brought in
*NQ cowboys
*SQ CRUSHERS
*WESTERN REDS
*AUCKLAND WARRIORS

which is a lot more national than what we have now

the ARL also had plans to bring in MELBOURNE MONARCHS (which eventually became the storm) and ADELAIDE ACES (super league change to RAMS)

the ARL had plans

super league make decisions on the spur of the moment to try and make a quick buck

:roll: :roll: :roll: