What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Rex wants out

chewsta

First Grade
Any player that "checks out of a game to avoid injury" is a cat that doesn't deserve a crack at A-Grade let alone an NRL start.

T. Rex has always seemed to have strong self preservation instincts, he looks big and strong but plays like he doesn't want to make any physical contact or even get dirty. 3rd grade Shute Shield rugby union is for guys like him.

I agree. Checking out of games & avoiding injury & having no urgency to impress or play well, should not be allowed in reserve grade.
Save it for first grade.

The week before

11 - Tony Williams
Club: Newtown Jets; 2017 TOTW Selections: 1.

17 total runs, 174 total metres, one line-break, four tackle-breaks, 20 tackles, one try.
Williams earns a second Team of the Week selection as he continues to impress and apply pressure on the forwards currently playing for the defending NRL premiers. A try early in the game set up a big performance from the former VB Blues impact player, while he proved damaging with 82 post-contact metres.

Ads

First Grade
I would have him on the bench all day long. Gal wouldn't let him bludge out there. Nice point of difference. Bakuya and Heighno are playing as props, we don't need Latimore.

snout

First Grade
I tell you who else was very disappointing, Nu.
I reckon this guy has gone as far as he will in our setup.

He just needs a nu challenge.
Maybe hes browned off seeing other guys like Chad Brailey and Seg become members in the 17 when he tbought he was more than half a chance.
Probably about 5/8 of one.

jc155776

Coach
He won't be released until after origin. I think we signed him for depth as we may be down 2 or 3 forwards. Graham and Fifita for sure. Maybe Prior.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I reckon this guy has gone as far as he will in our setup.

He just needs a nu challenge.
Maybe hes browned off seeing other guys like Chad Brailey and Seg become members in the 17 when he tbought he was more than half a chance.
Probably about 5/8 of one.

Nu is no hooker, with failure to reinvent himself his chances for FG are only around SOO or injury.

He needs to find a nu club, he'd suit the Kiwogs actually.

wibble

Bench
Brown was disappointing with his finishes to the set.

That was the first Jets game I saw this year, so I can't judge T-Rex or Nu's form for the season off that, but Flanno is unlikely to change a winning first grade squad just for the sake of change, or to experiment.

I was also impressed with Badger. I didn't agree with every decision she made, but I liked the way she made them, direct and no nonsense. Was refreshing compared to the two referee, video back up hedging bets refereeing we see in first grade.

Stake Removed

First Grade
On seeing the limited time Paulo has played in FG this year, he should be next on list to come up, he gives a further option in attack

I bet Flanno regrets signing Dorothy the Dinasour.

Attitude to training Stinks.

Mental attitude Stinks.

Work rate Stinks.

Give him a release so he can work the stop/go signs at the nearest road works.