What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

fuggitt

Juniors
hellteam my darling bastard son what are they teaching you at university...

Aboriginals were not immigrants,
Er yes they were...they cam over here before us, wiped out many species of pre historic fauna, and even it is believed may have wiped out a seperate type of tribe that was here, possibly before them...they were here for a very very long time, but er coz they were stuck in the stone age (so romantic for the greenies) they never progressed beyond inventing much except the boomerang...and the nulla nulla which they liked to bash the pregnant woman with if they decided they had too many kids....woohoo!!!

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Cough terra nullis cough.

Cough stolen generation cough.

As for the comment about what aboriginal men did to pregnant women -

in England they drowned woimen to see if they were witches - if they drowned to death they were not a witch.

As for aboriginal contribution to inventions being limited to the boomerang - Australia has not given the world much since .... eski chilly bin, rotary clothesline. OOOOOH!

Fuggit - Tahu never dobbed. He just left. Johns spoke to the media before Tahu did!

Facts, so many facts you choose to ignore.

Fibrolad - as for your comments about the police - I suggest you watch a TV show called underbelly opr any of the spin off factual documentaries.

As for the comments about society and dobbs and sooks. Political correctness is changing in society to the point where you make a racist comment about a ethnic minority man under your charge - he possibly will leave the job. Yes. Its not cotton picking in Alabama anymore. If the game isn't working for you - leave or change the game. Sometimes do both.

Last edited:

big_matt

Juniors
Johns is no racist, he just doesn't understand the impact it has (comments)

Hilarious. Are you serious?

A guy using racist terms isn't a racist, just not clever enough to understand the impacts of his words?

Forget bellear's accusations, whatever johns had said originally clearly caused offense to tahu.

LOL. Lets stop making excuses for this moron and call him what he is: racist.

Last edited:

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Preface: Johns' comments he has already admitted to making are flat inappropriate, these would make it much worse, but the article is a joke.

Id take anything Sol Bellear says with a grain of salt.

You mean things Sol Bellear told a journalist that he heard from a "senior member of Tahu's family" who Tahu told he heard Johns say? Comments that don't specify timeline, or individuals the comments refer to? f**k a grain of salt, I want an ocean of salt with this one. Never mind the fact that the 'journalist' who wrote this piece has omitted their name from this article.

nqcowboy87

Bench
its always sad tro see someone clutch at straws, never let the facts get in the way of a good story huh sol

isaiah

Bench
I think it is all our responsibility to tell someone if we are offended by what they are saying or what they are doing. It's part of being a man and standing up for your rights. Imagine what would happen if every kid in Australia took his bat and ball and went home everytime someone called him a name?

sailor and vautin saying its enough for johns to have apologised, leave it alone now on the footy show.
problem is if tahu had left it in house johns would not have owned up, he is the weak one, just like the exctasy story, had to be caught before he owned up. flick him, don't need to ever see his face or hear his voice on telly again

2150_souLJA

Juniors
Ill informed/ignorant people are giving him sh*t for sticking up for his beliefs but I applaud him for having the bravery and integrity to stick up for what he believes in.

In 10-20 years time, we'll look back and say what Tahu did was a great leap forward for race relations in this country. Race is a sensitive topic and we need to do all we can to stop this division based on skin colour in order to move our society foward.

On you T, legend of the game.

whats up doc

Juniors
The thing about being an Australian is, there are many other values that need to be considered. Mateship and loyalty for starters. He hardly showed any of those values to his teammates when he walked out.

whats up doc

Juniors
Alright, so there's been a lot of talk about Timana lately, so to add fuel to the fire, lets settle the argument with a poll. I know whose side the media is on, but it would be interesting to see who the average aussie supports in this whole series of events.

Was Timana right for standing up to his beliefs?

Or was it more like a publicity stunt than anything?

Or are you just sick of hearing about this and don't give a sh*t?

typicalfan

Coach
I would quickly point to guys like Greg Inglis and Sam Thaiday who were inspirational for their state. Inglis rose his game on the back of those comments while Tahu walked away. I won't say Tahu is soft because everyone deals with these things differently but if I had to show children what is the best way to deal with racism it would be to stand in defiance and show how great you are, not walk away.

user_nat

Coach
Now that there is a poll..

I voted publicity whore. Whilst I agree with standing up against racism, I'm not sure if this was the best way of dealing with the problem. Then to come out all angry last night Vs Newcastle just made him look stupid.

Latest posts