What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talent identification - clearly lacking

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a wild idea.

The club tells Farah to go and sue them for 1.4 million. He wins the case. That money doesn't come from the salary cap.

Re-sign Farah on a 1 year deal for 400k. That way he still gets his cash and the club frees up 500k in cap space.

Tigerm

First Grade
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/95f3d8d845017cdf753b4689dca60b68

Melbourne Storm bound flyer Josh Addo-Carr plans a Wests Tigers return
  • 20 hours ago
  • by MICHAEL CARAYANNIS
  • Source: The Sunday Telegraph
OUTGOING Tigers flyer Josh Addo-Carr says his career with the club is not over — vowing to return at some stage in the future.

Addo-Carr is leaving the Tigers with a heavy heart after inking a three-year deal with the Storm from next season. While the 21-year-old has reaffirmed his commitment to joining Melbourne, he left little doubt about his love for the Tigers.

“I’ve enjoyed my time at the Tigers,” Addo-Carr said. “I love this club. I’ll end up back here. I love the boys, I love the staff. Hopefully I come back in the future.

“I love a challenge and it’ll be a good challenge for me and moving away from family and friends. I’m looking forward to the move down to the Storm but I have a job here to do first and try to play finals football.

“It was a massive decision for me and my family. I’ve got to do what’s best for myself. I’m not around the game forever.”

d27ed753947b52e095963b2d98c1e8cc

Addo-Carr is hoping he gets another shot at Leichhardt Oval.Source: Getty Images

Addo-Carr knows he is on borrowed time at the Tigers. A loss against the Warriors will end the club’s hopes of a finals spot, leaving him with just one more game to play before his off-season switch.

“We’ve got a small chance of making the semis and we have to play our best to make finals football,” Addo-Carr said. “Coming into the Warriors game we need to take every opportunity. Last week we let ourselves down.”

The game in New Zealand will be Addo-Carr’s eighth this year since making his debut in round seven, and he has scored five tries. Addo-Carr said the decision to join the Tigers from the Sharks this year was easy.

“When I found out the Tigers wanted to sign me I took it straight away,” Addo-Carr said. “I’ve gone for this club my whole life.

“Every opportunity I’ve got I’ve tried to take it with both hand. I’ve had my ups and downs.”

What is happening, this kid wants to be a WT, certainly has the ability and with a bit of coaching could be anything & we throw him away. Got me f**ked.

Tiger05

First Grade
Why did we let this kid go. He is exactly the type of player that we need. I have a 5 yo son. I think the only player he knows is Addo-Carr.

A player who was a fan growing up, got to play for them and wants to come back one day. Talent identification, ha, just have a word to him now and tell him that the door is always open, Bellemy will turn him into the 1st grade player that JT couldn't, then again, credit to JT he has turned Rankin into a 1st grade footballer and Lovett.

Vic Mackey

Referee
How's that Ryan Paypenhauzen coming along?

He looked very good in his limited appearances. Only played fullback once from memory, was named on the wing but mainly played centre. Was surpringly solid in defence considering he has always been a fullback, was only 17 and is a stick.

I worry about his size, I remember teddy was skinny at that age but to me he always looked like he would fill out. They are both exactly 180cm but to me RP doesn't have the frame that looks like it will get to 90kgs+

The club is obviously looking to keep teddy Longterm so you'd imagine RP will need to go to wing or centre if he stays here.

Will be interested in how he goes next year with a full year in NYC. For all we know he could be another Shannon McDonnell or jake mullaney.

macnaz

Staff member
images-2.jpeg
Just a comparison photo at similar ages.

Not saying he is Greg Inglis but JAC is only a kid that is going to get bigger and stronger and he is now in the hands of a real coach that can perhaps turn him into one of the games elite just like Inglis. Our club showed zero forsight for the sake of pocket money in the scheme of real NRL dollars.
If JAC comes back it will be because he is rubbish or he will want mega bucks as a star player . I predict the later.

Last edited:

Latest posts