What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallis your Mum's a Rig!

King Ben

Juniors
I find it bizarre that referees have been doing these rants almost every week for years and yet there's this huge uproar when Flanno does it - for the first time ever as Sharks coach.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I had the misfortune of listening to this live. He's a moronic ape with little to no league knowledge. The other dimwits on Triple M up here had a good crack too. Greg Martin is possibly the worst radio presenter I've heard.

Fish Lover

Juniors
I had the misfortune of listening to this live. He's a moronic ape with little to no league knowledge. The other dimwits on Triple M up here had a good crack too. Greg Martin is possibly the worst radio presenter I've heard.
The so called dim wits on Triple M have played more games of football than you have had wanks and thats saying something because you are a wanker

fizman

Bench
The Raging Fool - The same guy that didn't play for St George because he wanted to play for Brisbane.

He didn't seem too concerned about how his actions impacted the game back then.

It is quite offensive to see guys like Tallis, Geyer, A Johns, M Johns etc being the moral compass of the NRL.

I would love to give Tallis a clothesline from hell and knock some sense into the imbecile.

the guy who called a referee a cheat and got sent off on rugby leagues biggest stage?

im sorry but your comment doesnt count. get off your high horse you tool

Stake Removed

First Grade
The same guy that told Bennett he was going out on field to basically punch someone out, oh yes such a class act

I'm finding yesterday very hard to swallow.
the post gf jizz come down from last year must be in full swing still.
not enough rage about what happened yesterday to the club.
we were systematically taken out of yesterdays clash by one ashleigh klein.
complete media shut out on what was one of the worst officiated games I have ever witnessed.
don't dare touch the referees. give me a break. coaches cop the heat all the time, they are accountable.
referees should be held to account also.
we are worried about losing young referees to the game?
I'm worried about losing young coaches to the game when they are continually forced into a corner of silence over decisions that ARE costing teams matches. who is that helping?
can't believe how poorly run the game is.
protected species in the game helps no one.
f**king incredible.
don't forget how hard everyone jumped on the 7 tackle set nsw conspiracy bandwagon when JT chucked his toys out of the cot.
1 f**king call and all hell broke loose. its taken as gospel north of the border that decision cost nq their season and yet we have to shut our f**king mouths about yesterday and own the result?
we had about f**king 20 howlers yesterday and its crickets today in the media.
the game is in an absolutely disgraceful state.

Tallis
Ha

I have told this story before
My wife went on a date with him.
Her friend was mates with Nathan brown.

Anyway about an hour into it when he went to the dunny she did a runner.
She said he was a wanker and spoke to people like a pig.
Had his head up his arse.
Surely one of those hacks looking for a story can bring this one up

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...t/news-story/46f6fe66d5974e6653c10e97fc92d358

CRONULLA coach Shane Flanagan and Manly counterpart Trent Barrett are set to be fined for their criticism of the NRL referees.

Both coaches pointed the finger at the whistleblowers following their sides’ elimination finals losses on the weekend.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said both would receive breach notices on Monday however he had not decided what their fine would be.

“We’ve just had one of the most exciting rounds of final footy I think of all time,” Greenberg said.

“We’re very fortunate to have a sporting contest as even as this.

“And yet in a fantastic round of finals it’s been marred by the response of some of the losing teams.

“Unfortunately we’ve developed a culture in our game of blaming match officials for a loss.

“It sets a terrible example to fans and a terrible example to grassroots and it’s got to stop.

“It’s time for the game to grow up.

“What I saw on the weekend was nothing short of phenomenal.

“I’m not saying the referees are perfect — they never have been, and they never will be. I’m not saying our referees got every call right but I have reviewed the games and I can tell you the vast majority of the calls were spot on.

“The disputes we’re talking about are on some really tight calls, 50-50 calls. And there’ll be debate and there’ll be controversy no matter which way that they go, that is the game.

“But players make mistakes too, and that’s what costs games, that’s why teams lose, it’s not the referees.

“And that culture has to change, we have to grow up and we have to take responsibility for our own outcomes.”

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...t/news-story/46f6fe66d5974e6653c10e97fc92d358

CRONULLA coach Shane Flanagan and Manly counterpart Trent Barrett are set to be fined for their criticism of the NRL referees.

Both coaches pointed the finger at the whistleblowers following their sides’ elimination finals losses on the weekend.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said both would receive breach notices on Monday however he had not decided what their fine would be.

“We’ve just had one of the most exciting rounds of final footy I think of all time,” Greenberg said.

“We’re very fortunate to have a sporting contest as even as this.

“And yet in a fantastic round of finals it’s been marred by the response of some of the losing teams.

“Unfortunately we’ve developed a culture in our game of blaming match officials for a loss.

“It sets a terrible example to fans and a terrible example to grassroots and it’s got to stop.

“It’s time for the game to grow up.

“What I saw on the weekend was nothing short of phenomenal.

“I’m not saying the referees are perfect — they never have been, and they never will be. I’m not saying our referees got every call right but I have reviewed the games and I can tell you the vast majority of the calls were spot on.

“The disputes we’re talking about are on some really tight calls, 50-50 calls. And there’ll be debate and there’ll be controversy no matter which way that they go, that is the game.

“But players make mistakes too, and that’s what costs games, that’s why teams lose, it’s not the referees.

“And that culture has to change, we have to grow up and we have to take responsibility for our own outcomes.”

I think Toddy Greenberg has been taking spinning lessons from our No1 bestus everest supporter Scotty Morrison.

Todds talking a heap of steaming shit. He obviously hasn't been reading the comments Ive been reading on social media. And it is not all coming from Sharks and Hartleys fans either.

By the way has Scotty come out and made any comments this finals series.

King Ben

Juniors
Considering the alternative is being grilled on the poor crowds over the weekend, Todd would love to continue this anti-ref story for the next few days until the focus is back on this weekend's games.

these are the words coming from the CEO of the game!!
he's worse than david gallop.
full of corporate mumbo jumbo.
pull your head out of your arse greenberg the games f**ked and you are driving the train mate.

Quigs

Immortal
Poor old Latham's lost the plot some time ago. But no I have not seen or heard anything on him for ages.

Weaponhead

Coach
Predictable reply from Greenburg. He is a politician first and foremost.

IMO, Flanno's comments would have had more power if he conceded that the team did not play well before launching into the refs. Critical errors and missed tackles alongside poor attack. However, the officiating was horrendous. Greenburg can talk about 50/50 calls all he likes. The issue is the pattern. When the vast majority go one way, it highlights the unconscious bias or poor judgement of the referees.

I was disgusted by the refereeing in the Storm/Eels game. Storm were given constant leg ups in the second half. Everyone in the game knows they push the rules more than anyone else and yet when it counted they got call after call.