What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Pirate Ship!

Bomber

Bench
There isn't an NFL team called the Pirates.

In fact, I'm not even sure if there is an American professional sports team called the Pirates.

Who cares about basketball? They ripped the Tigers off Balmain.

As for 'Ooooooh, let's not have anything to do with American names' - are you suggesting they totally ignore and boycott everything to do with America?

Time to stop driving your car, using your phone and pounding the internet - all invented by Americans.

While you're at it, stop watching most of the shows on TV, most of the music on the radio, and give up the McDonalds.....

I, for one, believe the Pirates is a totally appropriate name for the Gold Coast.

Copa

Bench
Should also be a roller coaster zooming over the heads of the players, glass ceiling rooms underneath the pitch so you can see the players run overhead, a schoolies room where teens can get wasted, snog, and fight, a wave pool should be constructed at one end that covers half the in-goal area.. ................

..... there's a lot of potential for the Gold Coast.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Does this mean Malcom Glazer is going to erect a massive sized Satan behind the goals at Old Trafford.

note to non football fans: Glazer owns the Bucaneers AND Manchester Utd who are also know as the Red Devils.

DIEHARD

----
Aren't Salford City Reds, the original 'Red Devils'?

The French gave them that nickname back in 1934 when they were on a pioneering tour of France.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Bomber said:

In fact, I'm not even sure if there is an American professional sports team called the Pirates.

Pittsburgh Pirates MLB team ( Baseball)....

IMO Pirates is a shocking name ...

I prefer Sting Rays, Manta Rays, Marlins....something that lives in the ocean...anything except Starfish....;-)

Big Bunny

Juniors
Bomber said:

Who cares about basketball? They ripped the Tigers off Balmain.

As for 'Ooooooh, let's not have anything to do with American names' - are you suggesting they totally ignore and boycott everything to do with America?

Time to stop driving your car, using your phone and pounding the internet - all invented by Americans.

While you're at it, stop watching most of the shows on TV, most of the music on the radio, and give up the McDonalds.....

I, for one, believe the Pirates is a totally appropriate name for the Gold Coast.

In all of that you didn't make one worthwhile or intelligent point. As has been pointed out already, there are pro teams in the US called the pirates. You've invented an arguement where one didn't exist. At what point did I say there's anything wrong with an American name? I raised the point of the name lacking in any originality, not about nationality. Frankly I don't care what country a club comes from, I just hope they aren't so small minded to just pick the most droll name ie: Bulls, Sharks, Lions, Kings etc.

This is my business, I design logos all day and I know that it doesn't take a lot to come up with something original, given 5min or a little research.

Just because you don't care for basketball doesn't make your statement about the Hunter Pirates any more valid you know. It just makes you look like a petty and dismissive idiot. If you want to take your ridiculous line I can add to it in just as silly a manner and say that no, basketball didn't ripoff Balmain, they ripped off Detroit who have been around longer and still lag behind Richmond AFL club.

Take a look at any brand, any logo, any sports team and you'll find that the most enduring are those that are original and with meaning to the market. Forge an original identity, the Gold Coast very own and stop pushing to ride the coattails of others.