What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tap on the Shoulder Time

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If we make th GF, he should have it covered.

He also has about 8 games to have the most losses in rugby league history.

What will come first?
We would have to lose a semi-final.

14 games left if we win all our semis.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Paul Gallen and Cronulla Sharks set for major showdown on veteran's playing future
http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F06%2F05%2F07%2F33%2F0506_galmoley_ENV.jpg

FTQWB
Gallen and Sharks set to face off

The inevitable showdown between Paul Gallen and the Sharks is getting closer by the day.

Gallen turns 37 in a couple of months and wants to keep playing for the club in 2019.

The Sharks love Gallen - but my sources in the club tell me some people at Cronulla believe it’s time he hung up the boots.

The veteran forward is the heart and soul of the club and will have a job at Cronulla for life.

He will forever be a Club legend.

But if it is true that he wants to play on next year he is truly delusional.

Everything he does now is sooo slow and his lateral movement in particular is horrible.

Stake Removed

First Grade
This is the ultimate test for Flanno and the club, honestly i cant see how we keep Gallen.

I go back what was it 3 weeks ago and Flanno in press conference said the young guys are keeping veterans on the toes.

My concern is with Gall and maybe lewis see over next few weeks when they play lower teams we can bully them and get away with it, the more skillful teams are finding Gall out, on lewis i want to see how he goes in next few weeks

Imagine the other clubs "so you didnt want paul Gallen at the club, even though he cost you nothing in the salary cap, not even to rest your starting Props for 20 minutes?"
a53.jpg

shaggs

Coach
Is be keeping I’m for a bench spot whilst he still wants to play.
20 mins a game and then whatever else is needed time wise

shaggs

Coach
20 mins and how many 4th tackle hit ups are my concern
Ever think no other bastard does the shit 4th tackle hit up? No, because you are guaranteed to get belted.
Also give Shane a call and ask him to change his style
Everyone knows it’s always been
Dummy half
Dummy half or hit up
Two pass shift to inside ball on edge runner
Hit up
Set play
Kick to corner or grubby in goal.

Every single time

Chimp

Bench
Imagine the other clubs "so you didnt want paul Gallen at the club, even though he cost you nothing in the salary cap, not even to rest your starting Props for 20 minutes?"
a53.jpg
I'm well and truly in the defend Gal camp, but your argument about his salary doesn't stack up - if Gal wasn't around, his long term service allowance would transfer to another player, so it would still free up cap space for another player.
That being said, Gal is still a hugely integral member of our squad and I'd certainly not be pushing him out to pasture.

chewsta

First Grade
Paul Gallen and Cronulla Sharks set for major showdown on veteran's playing future
http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F06%2F05%2F07%2F33%2F0506_galmoley_ENV.jpg

FTQWB
Gallen and Sharks set to face off

The inevitable showdown between Paul Gallen and the Sharks is getting closer by the day.

Gallen turns 37 in a couple of months and wants to keep playing for the club in 2019.

The Sharks love Gallen - but my sources in the club tell me some people at Cronulla believe it’s time he hung up the boots.

The veteran forward is the heart and soul of the club and will have a job at Cronulla for life.

Everything in that article was swiped from this thread. Nice moling, moley.

Inferno

Coach
He's a top 17 player for sure. If he was willing to take a paycut down to bench money I'd keep him.

For those proposing Gallen take a bench spot or even play just 20minutes a game next year you’re just taking the piss.

No way his ego would ever allow that.

Just like he would tell you he played well the last two games.

Reactions: Ads

sandshark

Bench
f**k me even Gal should know it's time to hang them up.
Join the coaching staff or continue your media career, m8.

Ads

First Grade
For those proposing Gallen take a bench spot or even play just 20minutes a game next year you’re just taking the piss.

No way his ego would ever allow that.

Just like he would tell you he played well the last two games.
This.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The point is we all love Gall, and what he has done for the club, just some of us now believe its time for him to retire, we dont want it to happen but, yes some of us believe best for team and gall

Gallen did play well the last 2 games you mong. He made a few errors, that were very unlike him. Other than that , he ran the most & tackled the most & made the important 4th tackle run, that is part of Flannos game plan.

Latest posts