What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Targets and retention.

greg jay

Juniors
Shadow... What do YOU do with Inglis and The Burgess Clan? At present they represent NEGATIVE SALARY CAP VALUE a Poor Winning Percentage and overall LOW PRODUCTION. They seem relatively lifeless with no intensity or desire. Come to think about it they are simply repeating last year's collapse. Do you agree its time to shift all of them or do you retain a Burgess or Two???

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
mate i am too depressed to talk about our team we have a shiiiit team so for me there is nothing to talk about our recruitment has been a disaster since the end of 2014 till now and we recently resigned clark and turner fug me and we let nathan brown leave when the rest of our forwards are shiiiit and cant help sam at least nathan brown had some guts but not much discipline enough said.....i am over it greg cheers bunny ears......Shadow.....

I don't know how accurate ZT is, but according to that website we have Cherrington, Goodwin, Gray, Gosiewski, Greinke, Johnston, Kelly, Sutton, Nielsen, Rochow and Tyrrell are off contract. If we have to improve the current squad, only Cherrington and Gray are to be retained on that list.
If Sutton feels like he can keep going and play like he did last night I would also give him another year.

CAFPOW

Juniors
If Sutton feels like he can keep going and play like he did last night I would also give him another year.

You're right. That's if he can keep on going like he did last night. He has to remember he's a forward now. No useless sidesteps when the opponents are still 4m away, wasting valuable seconds.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
You're right. That's if he can keep on going like he did last night. He has to remember he's a forward now. No useless sidesteps when the opponents are still 4m away, wasting valuable seconds.
Have to admit Sutton looked on fresh legs last night. I've been suggesting with Crichton starting that Sutton may come off the bench for impact but if he keeps that form up he needs to be starting

greg jay

Juniors
Everyone is getting ahead of themselves annointing St George players. Getting way ahead of each other. Lets see how St George is doing another 7-8 games down the road. Now Nightingale and some other slugs are being referred to as benchmarks!! Por Favor, at ease. St George are likely to crash and be exposed for what they really are.

greg jay

Juniors
Why do you fools keep discussing Cameron McInnes?? He is GONE forget about him. Focus on Cook he needs to run more and threaten opposing clubs just like he was doing in those last 5 games last season.

Rsag85

Bench
Why do you fools keep discussing Cameron McInnes?? He is GONE forget about him. Focus on Cook he needs to run more and threaten opposing clubs just like he was doing in those last 5 games last season.

Because he is a future rep player and we let him go for a washed up has been in Farah

Travitoh

First Grade

Because he is a South Sydney junior

southsport

First Grade

Because he's the next Cam Smith, don't you realise that?

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
With the exception of Greinke, Cherrington, Gray and Goodwin. The rest of the off contracted players at the end of this season should not be re-signed if we are to improve the team for next season. That includes, AJ, Sutton and Tyrrell.

callmack1

Staff member
What about making a play for Curtis Rona? With the Western Force set to be cut from Super Rugby, There's rumors around that he wants to return to the NRL.

I rate him highly. He's another Taranaki boy (where I'm from) and I'm actually good mates with his brother.

It would be so awesome to have two Taranaki boys playing for us in the future (Rona and Hiroti). They'd go crazy for Souths over here! They did with Issac Luke!

CAFPOW

Juniors
What about making a play for Curtis Rona? With the Western Force set to be cut from Super Rugby, There's rumors around that he wants to return to the NRL.

I rate him highly. He's another Taranaki boy (where I'm from) and I'm actually good mates with his brother.

It would be so awesome to have two Taranaki boys playing for us in the future (Rona and Hiroti). They'd go crazy for Souths over here! They did with Issac Luke!

I think he would go back to the Dogs or Cowboys. Unfortunately, I think the only players who would sign with us are players desperate to find a club.