What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor has lost his job

betcats

Referee
We need to regulate all these opinions imo, from now on you only get one opinion per head. So IBM you go ahead mate you've got one more to burn in this thread.

betcats

Referee
What's this bizarre view by some posters, that your not allowed to have an opinion on something, because of the actions of the club you support's board/coach/players.

If that was the case then Broncos fans wouldn't be able to post about referee's leg ups, salary cap busting squads, FNF football, scheduling, bogan fans and coach's who like to get their dicky sticky.

Add catching, choking and dick sucking to that list.

no name

Coach
What's this bizarre view by some posters, that your not allowed to have an opinion on something, because of the actions of the club you support's board/coach/players.

If that was the case then Broncos fans wouldn't be able to post about referee's leg ups, salary cap busting squads, FNF football, scheduling, bogan fans and coach's who like to get their dicky sticky.
Or questionable public toilet activities, or assaulting bar staff.

soc123_au

Staff member
Gonna need a bigger aquarium by the look of it. Might need to change the venue to the Appin pub carpark.

FTR Clifferd from what I have read most Panthers fans concede Teddy is a better fullback than Moylan & deserves to wear the 1 jersey for the Blues. Moylan shits on Teddy as a half. Its just that we have your new coaches boy & that guy your club didnt rate in those spots so Matty has to chime in from the back. I cant wait until they have had 70 odd games each to find their feet in first grade. Should be pretty sweet.

Clifferd

Coach
Its just that we have your new coaches boy & that guy your club didnt rate in those spots so Matty has to chime in from the back. I cant wait until they have had 70 odd games each to find their feet in first grade. Should be pretty sweet.

Well at the time I wasn't all that concerned about losing TMM because Moses looked a lot better in the juniors, but now it's glaringly obvious we made a mistake. TMM/Moses would've been a great combo

It's well known we're a feeder club to other teams

Fifita (watching Fifita run around now, if we had him for us we would instantly be a 10x better team we need aggression like that)
Farah
Korobeite
Addo-Carr
TMM
and many more I can't remember at this stage

I would kill to have a player like Fifita back, but to be fair he was a dickhead when at the Tigers and deserved the sack

Clifferd

Coach
TMM shits on Moses the bloke can actually defend for a start

as soon as there is a comparison you guys flock like seagulls lol

I said Moses in the juniors looked a better prospect, and its too early to tell how TMM will go atm. He plays behind a rep studded forward pack and looks fairly good though

soc123_au

Staff member
as soon as there is a comparison you guys flock like seagulls lol

I said Moses in the juniors looked a better prospect, and its too early to tell how TMM will go atm. He plays behind a rep studded forward pack and looks fairly good though

Rep studded? Rep discards Merrin & Aussie Jim, The tortured testicle hasnt played reps since Noah retired. Then who? RCG, Latu, JFH & Yeo?

To be fair, I am pretty stoked with our forward pack, but they arent making TMM's tackles for him. His defence and effort are what I'm impressed with. Thats all on him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gonna need a bigger aquarium by the look of it. Might need to change the venue to the Appin pub carpark.

FTR Clifferd from what I have read most Panthers fans concede Teddy is a better fullback than Moylan & deserves to wear the 1 jersey for the Blues. Moylan shits on Teddy as a half. Its just that we have your new coaches boy & that guy your club didnt rate in those spots so Matty has to chime in from the back. I cant wait until they have had 70 odd games each to find their feet in first grade. Should be pretty sweet.

The club always rated TMM, very much so. It purely came down to age, Moses and brooks were a year older and that suited us at the time. If TMM was the older one he would have been kept.

I think it's hard to say if we were right or not. I saw TMM miss some horrible tackles in NYC. If we had if kept him instead of one of our current halves I don't think we'd be doing any better and everyone would be saying we were stupid for letting brooks or Moses go and keeping TMM.

Clifferd

Coach
Rep studded? Rep discards Merrin & Aussie Jim, The tortured testicle hasnt played reps since Noah retired. Then who? RCG, Latu, JFH & Yeo?

To be fair, I am pretty stoked with our forward pack, but they arent making TMM's tackles for him. His defence and effort are what I'm impressed with. Thats all on him.

Maybe not exactly rep standard yet, but either close to or on the fringe of rep selection is most of them, followed by a very pacey and strong backline

I'd be happy with it aswell

betcats

Referee
I suspect Moses would be very good playing for a better side and with a better coach. That being said there's been the same knock on him for two years now, he doesn't defend well and he tends to go for big risky plays too often instead of grinding and picking the right times, I think a lot of that comes down to playing catch up footy and trying to make up for mistakes, especially defensive ones. There's a pretty large gap between them defensively, and TMM seems to have a cooler head on him Imo. My bias tells me if they were both developed into the exact same situations TMM would end up the better player.

soc123_au

Staff member
Maybe not exactly rep standard yet, but either close to or on the fringe of rep selection is most of them, followed by a very pacey and strong backline

I'd be happy with it aswell

I was just taking the piss a bit. I think all of our pack are capable of performing well in rep sides at some point. It is a nice luxury for TMM & Cleary to play behind them. My point still stands on effort & defence though. It is something your halves seem to lack. They have both shown effort on occasions, but after 70 odd games their defence is barely SG Ball standard.

Blake Austin has found his equilibrium in the NRL scheme of things now. He's no longer touted for Origin, he's just a solid slightly above-average first grader. Moses is at least his equal but paying the penalty for playing in a side with a lot of weak links (to borrow a phrase).

I disagree with you. Mainly because I feel Austin's kicking game has vastly improved, and now he's taking over Sezer's duty. His defence has also improved slightly, and his running game is as dangerous as ever. He's no longer touted for Origin cos NSW-people are f**kin stupid. He had an injury plagued season in 2016, so all the nsw analysts and fans jumped off the bandwagon and jumped on to the next flavour of the month for nsw halves - Moylan. Who's not a 5/8 at this stage of his career. Hell, some suggested Moses for Origin LMAO.

I don't mind if Austin never plays for NSW. We need him.

I appreciate your reply.

betcats

Referee
Austins kicking and defence has definitely improved but when ive watched him recently it just seems some of his decision making and timing is off, hes just not on the same page as the rest of the team at times.

TheFrog

Coach
fans jumped off the bandwagon and jumped on to the next flavour of the month for nsw halves - Moylan. Who's not a 5/8 at this stage of his career.
The thing Queensland fear most is fleet footed backs running off precisely delivered flat balls into holes. They've never had to contend with this before. This is what Moylan offers and no-one else does it better.

davi

Juniors
Jason Taylor has opened up about losing his job. I know some will paint Taylor as sour grapes but his criticism that the players have no loyalty seems to have merit from the outside looking in.

Lets face it players refusing to commit to the club is causing the club anxiety and certainly has given the club unwanted media speculation. As Gus Gould says you either want to put on the jersey and play for the club or you don't. This having managers and behaving like prima-donnas and quitting on a team in the middle season is not a good look.

"SACKED Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor has opened up on his controversial saga with the club in a tell-all interview.

The former rugby league star, who was sacked from the struggling Tigers, slammed the club’s administration for his dismissal.

“I didn’t get to talk to anybody. I found out the same way you guys (journalists) found out,” he said on FOX Sports’ League Life. “That was probably the toughest part.”

“Journalists started turning up outside the window. Then I got a phone call. That was really disappointing.”

Taylor famously dropped club veteran Robbie Farah, who is now playing for the South Sydney Rabbitohs, late in 2016, a decision that was blasted by long-time Wests fans.

The Tigers were then plagued with a number of other controversies going into 2017. Winger Tim Simona was sacked after being caught in a betting scandal while contract debacles surrounded famous “big four” players Aaron Woods, James Tedesco, Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.

Taylor took aim at the big four immediately after Moses’ surprise announcement confirming he’d been in talks with Parramatta to leave the Tigers.

“It was a shock to think that Mitch decided so quickly he’d want to move on from the club,” he said.

“In my opinion I think the four players need to repay the respect the club gave them to allow them to get to a point where they’re earning top dollar in the game.

“They should be stepping up on the opportunity they’ve been given to develop themselves. I was disappointed this week to see some of them say they wanted to play in a club that’s going to play semi-final footy.

“I think the Wests Tigers have said ‘you guys are the ones I believe can take us to the semis. Let’s get your head down and your bum up, work hard and you can lead us there’.

“It’d be enormously disappointing (for fans) and I think it’d be really disrespectful for those two (Woods and Tedesco) to leave the club. They should sign on the dotted line and get on with leading this club.

Taylor said the myriad of controversies hanging over the club so early in the season had a negative effect on their performance.

“It came to a perfect storm and I was the scapegoat in all that,” Taylor said.

“But it’s part of coaching, I’ve got to get on with life and get on with my coaching career. I’ve learnt so much over the past couple of seasons.

“I still love the game. This is a part of a coach’s life and for me this is just another dip in the road.”

Taylor’s incredibly-public sacking placed him in the firing line for a number of scathing criticisms, but one in particular stood out.

“I walked into the school playground a few days back and saw a young fella I’ve never seen in my life walking up to me and say ‘Jason Taylor – you got sacked’,” he said."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ja...w/news-story/3571522e9165d911f62947a21cd162a5

adamkungl

Immortal

FTR Clifferd from what I have read most Panthers fans concede Teddy is a better fullback than Moylan & deserves to wear the 1 jersey for the Blues. Moylan shits on Teddy as a half.

Pity Moylan's not a half hey.

He's way too much of a cat. Won't take the line on.

Latest posts