What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor has lost his job

davi

Juniors
They will do much better under a new coach, there is some talent there but their attitude takes a nose dive when things get tough and that has to be a coaching thing.

Names floated around Todd Payten and Ivan Cleary............

"Cowboys assistant coach Todd Payten, who previously coached members of the big four at the Tigers, is in line for the job, so too former Panthers coach Ivan Cleary."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ate-as-he-faces-the-sack-20170320-gv1ufi.html

Tiger5150

Bench
Canberra completed 31 of 42 sets for a 74% completion rate. That is quite a deal better than the Tigers 20 out of 34 for a 59% completion rate.
74% at the end but for most of the game it was a lot worse. It got better at the end because the Tigers basically stopped tacking them. Canberra were poor. Tigers were beyond bad and literally didnt test them after 30mins

Vic Mackey

Referee
74% at the end but for most of the game it was a lot worse. It got better at the end because the Tigers basically stopped tacking them. Canberra were poor. Tigers were beyond bad and literally didnt test them after 30mins

Pretty much, your completion rates go through the roof when you're scoring every set

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Big 4 to me are Tedasco, Noufaluma, Sue and Elijah. The rest can earn it or show more pride.

Woods last 2 games he needs to run harder.Yes stat wise woods makes a lot of meters but games like yesterday where he is slow and milking penalties but knocks it on his mind seems elsewhere.

Makes you think he was one of the 7 sniffing with Simona doesnt it?
His minds not on the job and he maybe worried about being dobbed in.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Depressing when you see what Newcastle had to work with last year and look to be improving after identifying the right young talent and some smart recruiting. We had the potential to begin with and only look to be going the other way and seem to pin our hopes on second chance signings like Austin, Taupau and ET, only for them all to show their wares for us and move on because we're too incompetent to hang on to them.

The whole organisation just stinks from the top to the bottom.

There's no doubt we'll throw the kitchen sink at Teddy to stay, but his family are already loaded and I don't think he'll think twice at taking the second largest contract on offer if it's at Melbourne, Easts, Canterbury or Brisbane. If we lose him we have literally nothing going for us.

Wests Ashfield took over another quarter share to fund this abortion? Surely they cannot be happy with their return on investment and they'll be looking to swing the axe if nothing changes soon...

hi mate,
I live 5 mins walk from Wests Ashfield.....
Its changed a bit lately.
you cant even find a tv in the place to watch Tigers games on weekends.
cafes and resteraunts everywhere.
Bingo takes preference on suday arvos at 2pm.
Large screens in upstairs auditorium have gone......Not the same anymore so i have to find another option to get a good belly laugh watching us play..

davi

Juniors
Anyone think Aaron Woods is undermining Taylor?

Says the Big 4 (f**king lol) will wait to see who the coach is. Watching Woods play, it was the softest I've seen him play. Always passing, & his actual hit ups were half hearted.

It's been reported the big four won't sign with Jason Taylor still there. The BIG FOUR may not have alot of leverage on their new deals while their playing like this.

"The club has four key players off contract in captain Aaron Woods, fullback James Tedesco and halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses, who have all allegedly declined to sign new deals while Taylor is still in charge.

It is not the first time that the Tigers coach has had an issue with players, after veteran hooker Robbie Farah was shown the door and signed with South Sydney for the 2017 season following a public falling out between the pair."

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/20/11/41/jason-taylor-to-be-sacked-by-wests-tigers

Even Tooves would be an upgrade if we could coax him away from the ESL. At least you know the f**king shit would fly after a loss.

hi mate,
I live 5 mins walk from Wests Ashfield.....
Its changed a bit lately.
you cant even find a tv in the place to watch Tigers games on weekends.
cafes and resteraunts everywhere.
Bingo takes preference on suday arvos at 2pm.
Large screens in upstairs auditorium have gone......Not the same anymore so i have to find another option to get a good belly laugh watching us play..

Oh yeah I know what you're saying, I don't mean ROI in that sense though. Footy fans aren't their target demographic, I mean their ROI in the JV. If they're tipping in most/all of the shortfall the club grant doesn't cover then they want to see results.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
They are so patchy. I think defending size is a huge problem for them. Especially wide. Paulo and PapaliI both exposed them. As mentioned above, they are both small, and you can usually hide one, but two becomes a massive challenge. They seem to also have massive issues reforming a line after a break. I keep hearing how Tedesco is the NSW fullback, but he really isn't closing down much at the back. He might be an attacking weapon, but that's only half the battle at origin. Tom T still has a lot to learn this area too. Fullbacks always get the raw end of the deal making a tackle as they are often up against someone at speed. The great ones find a way to make the try saver and brink them to ground or at least slow them to allow defenders to catch up. I'm not suggesting Teddy isn't a good player, most clubs would love him on the books. But he won't be great until he can close them down consistently. Yesterday was pretty difficult though, as most of the stuff happening was real close and soft, as well as being either poor reads or poor tackle attempts with adequate numbers.

Ball control against Canberra is essential. You need to complete, make them work hard and turn the around a lot with good long kicks that are chased hard. If you do that well for 60, you can chase them down quickly for the last 20.

After all the crap that happened the last few seasons between Farah and Taylor, I think they would have been wise to get rid of both of them. And anybody else who got seriously involved in that stuff. You need a united team. That whole Simona mess is hard to believe. 'I didn't know anything was wrong. I asked and he said he was fine.' The guy was inconsistent for ages. More often than not, there usually something going on outside that causes that. Wouldn't you take the time to work it out? If you see he has a few issues domestically offer help to them. The whole jersey and betting stuff is hard to tell, but I don't think working out that something was up with the way things worked in his relationship would have been hard. That's what a good coach would do. Take the guy under the wing and get to know him a bit better. Give him some help to be a better person.

Its not all doom and gloom, they played well in round 1 I thought. And Souths aren't a small side. I think if they can find a way to get Moses and Brooks defending well, perhaps on the wing, they would be a lot better placed. If they are going to defend 3 in, make sure whoever is on their inside is prepared to help cover.

"The great ones find a way to make the try saver and brink them to ground or at least slow them to allow defenders to catch up. I'm not suggesting Teddy isn't a good player, most clubs would love him on the books. But he won't be great until he can close them down consistently."
Mate ,you havent obviously been watching his defence lately?
stopped Papalli cold yesterday inches from the line,
stopped Moylan ball and all last week
Didnt you see him stop Radradra last year 5 metres out?
Go onto youtube and type in "tedesco defending" or "tedesco saving tries"

Tiger Woody

Juniors
They will do much better under a new coach, there is some talent there but their attitude takes a nose dive when things get tough and that has to be a coaching thing.

Possibly the 'big 4' have believed their own hope, it is more like a big 1.5. Tedesco is a genuine star in the making and Moses is a decent 5/8. Brooks has to be the most overrated player in the comp, what a dud.

That leads me to the 4th member of the big 4. Who is it supposed to be? Surely not Woods.

Nofaluma is number 4 in my book,,,

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Payten becomes coach it wouldn't surprise me at all if Farah is back at the club in 2018....seriously

Latest posts