What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tba

paulquinn49

Bench
I know all refs have their own style/preferred article type but I am concerned that rookie ref "TBA" may mark my article down if they don't get/like what I offer. With CNTDN being winless so far this year we really do need the win. A quick check of TBA officiated matches did not offer the insight I was after.

I am also open to any other ref divulging their personal preference in article types to further enhance my chance at a respectable score.

TBA can I BA on what you would like/dislike to hear from teams you officiate?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Naming Teams:* 5 -V- 5 (+ 2 reserves for the visiting team, + 3 reserves for the home team)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named

Rules: http://forumsevens.com.au/rules.php
Official Word Counter: http://forumsevens.com.au/wordcount.php

Kick Off: Sunday 24th April 2011 (2100AEST)
Full Time: Wednesday 4th May 2011 (2100AEST)
Referee: TBA
Venue: WIN Jubilee Stadium
That strikes me as a rather awkward contradiction... :?

Completely understand that it may be difficult to schedule the referees in time, but for the record I'd much rather see referees named as early as possible, as often as possible.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Quite frankly, I have no problem with t-ba refereeing matches. He is a fine fellow forummer.

As for the other matches, any ref will do. In all the years of the F7s, I can only think of one ref who didn't know the rules of the game, and as far as I know he only reffed one or two matches. So I'm happy with NT's judgement.

Quinny, looking forward to you putting up your hand mate. ;-)

P.S. Second guessing a ref's preference is an unneccessary distraction, imho.

Jesbass

First Grade
That strikes me as a rather awkward contradiction... :?

Completely understand that it may be difficult to schedule the referees in time, but for the record I'd much rather see referees named as early as possible, as often as possible.

This is the aim - it just doesn't always work out that way!

Also, my error seems less awkward than turning up at the wrong match...? :cool:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
we named our indoor cricket team TBA...

not surprisingly, we won quite a number of games on forfeit...

Jesbass

First Grade
Hiya folks. It sems that Non Terminator has been struck down by an illness commonly known as 'real life'...whatever that is.

Anyway, in his absence, I'll take over the duties of referee selecting unless and until he's able to concern himself with such decisions.

I've sent out an SOS to two other referes for this round's matches, but will then endeavour to have referees sorted by the time we start match threads.

Apologies to all for the delays.

Jesbass

First Grade
Hi all. I'll be offline when the full time siren sounds, so if someone would be willing to post the full time clock, that would be greatly appreciated! :thumn

Latest posts