What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2016

Randall has a lot more utility value than Bhana. I'd still like to see Bhana in but think he needs a few more games to solidify a spot.Brown seems to like him - so far.

I reckon Bhana will be in to give more rest time to Smith. Brown has said Smith will get rested for full games when appropriate.

Paea seems to be on the outer and fighting for a spot.

We are going to get more injuries and possibly suspensions so many will get a go.

League_God

Juniors
Had things've panned out our way of the last few years our 2016 team could have been:

1.Darius Boyd
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.Joey Leilua
5.Sione Mata'utia
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Russell Packer
9.Danny Levi
10.Korbin Sims
11.Beau Scott (c)
12.Joseph Tapine
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Pauli Pauli
15.Alex McKinnon
16.Tariq Sims
17.Adam Cuthbertson

f**k.

Swarzey

Bench
I miss Boyd.

Right merkin on his day but f**k he gave us structure and direction. No surprise Uate and Jimmy had a fantastic 2013 with him shuffling the ball out; his inside plays with Rochow were outstanding and quite often something special to watch. First class stuff.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I just wish Boyd put in as much consistent effort with us as he does now with the Broncos. I'll give him benefit of the doubt because of his problems off the field, but he definitely wasn't putting in 100% for us.

Frederick

Staff member
Boyd, like Bennett, had no emotional attachment to Newcastle at all. Was only ever here for the money, nothing else.

Had things've panned out our way of the last few years our 2016 team could have been:

1.Darius Boyd
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.Joey Leilua
5.Sione Mata'utia
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Trent Hodkinson
8.Russell Packer
9.Danny Levi
10.Korbin Sims
11.Beau Scott (c)
12.Joseph Tapine
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Pauli Pauli
15.Alex McKinnon
16.Tariq Sims
17.Adam Cuthbertson

f**k.

If only ... and ... and ...

Then we'd have the likes of the Safiti boys, Lamb, Cogger etc waiting in the wings ready to be weaned into the side and we'd have a strong reserve team.