What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Changes

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Drop McCrone....yes

However, options are limited.

Field is very unready for the rigours of 1st grade........pass
Nona was injured today playing Illawarra.is a 7 but.........pass
Mann is not a 7 and would necessitate moving Widdop to half, can't see McGregor risking that move.

So obviously McGregor will continue to pick McCrone.

Cut and paste for next week

Crush

Coach
Drop McCrone....yes

Mann is not a 7 and would necessitate moving Widdop to half, can't see McGregor risking that move.

So do you blame McGregor for picking the same halfback based on what you have just said?

Life's Good

Coach
Mann to 5/8
Widdop to halfback
Aitken to right centre.

Simple changes really that WILL strengthen the team. I'm sick of McCrone completely stifling our attack, it makes me sick to see his face every week in first grade.
Don't get your hopes up. McStubborn won't budge on changes. Did Milne get any minutes off the bench??

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So do you blame McGregor for picking the same halfback based on what you have just said?

Given the options of course not, however, the point is that he will use it as a reason not to change, when we all know there should have been week ago.

Dragsters

First Grade
What did Jack Gibson used to say...

"Just pick your best 17 and find a place for them."

McCrone would not make Jacks team me thinks.

Dragsters

First Grade
Drop McCrone....yes

Mann may not be a true 7 but I'd back him to add more value there than McHandbrake.

Bench
McStupid won't drop anyone. McCrone is the new Marketo. What has been and still missing a player with speed, that try Newcastle scored none of our team could get near him.

kit66

Bench
Mann to 5/8
Widdop to halfback
Aitken to right centre.

Simple changes really that WILL strengthen the team. I'm sick of McCrone completely stifling our attack, it makes me sick to see his face every week in first grade.

McCrone's pathetic kicking game is killing us week after week and undoing all the good work from the rest of the team. When we had a roll on today he gave the Knights a 7 tackle set, and later puts in a useless grubber on the 3rd when we're in their 20. What's worse is that his defensive game also seems to be getting worse. Currently he can't kick, he's not a ball runner so makes little metres, he's an average ball player, he misses tackles and if you haven't noticed his left to right passes are pretty bloody average as well. But Mary wants him out there.
I'll say it again, what's Jamie Soward up to these days ? His kicking and passing game would be perfect for this team.

hazzbeen

Bench
McStupid won't drop anyone. McCrone is the new Marketo. What has been and still missing a player with speed, that try Newcastle scored none of our team could get near him.
2010 no matter what we struggled big time to beat the bottom team at home .... and there wont be any changes in the halves ....

Red V for life

Juniors
McCrone has to go. His kicking game is woeful and his defence has dropped off too.

Why the hell he does 90% of our kicks is beyond me. Just getting boot to ball would mean your kicking game is better and surely the other 12 players on the field can do that.

Teams are starting their sets 30m+ out from their own line and it ain't good enough. We need a shit tonne of possession to make up for a shit tonne of bad field position.

I'm happy we got away with the 2 points, but we need to aim for improvement and this is one area where a small improvement would have a massive impact.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
His kicking game is up the creek and passing is not much better.
Then he loses the ball cause he confused the sh*t out of himself with a few mins left to give the knights one last chance to win it.
This bloke is an imposter and surely Mann,Nona or Field could do better.
It wouldn't be very hard to achieve,me thinks.