What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Cowboys game - Walsh dropped, Austin in.

franklin2323

Immortal
How so? By not agreeing with everything every coach has done? Thats the exact same tune.

Never have I said any Panthers coach was perfect. You are clearly getting desparate trying go search old threads and using that as a different tune.

Tries are tries? Yet different tune back in these old threads

mxlegend99

Referee
Tries are tries? Yet different tune back in these old threads
Yeah this sounds completely different.

While its not perfect, seeing Austin force Walsh out of the side makes me happy. Just need Whare to replace Wes at centre, and for Moylan to come in at fullback :) then for Roberts to return from injury.
Wanting Whare at centre not fullback
Wanting Moylan in the team
Happy when we get rid of a player i dont want in the team, worried he will maintain his spot.

Exactly how is the tune different? You are talking out of your f**king ass. I've never said Cleary was perfect. Or that I agreed with all his decisions.

Just that Cleary was better. But back then Hook wasnt even considered an option for us. So tell me. Exactly how is the tune different?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Old threads are great for such things

I spent time last night reading them. To hear some posters Cleary should be sitting on the right hand of God. Yet funnily enough same phrases that are used on Griffin used for Cleary.

Talk bout #rosetintedglassesrewritinghistory. so the recently departed coaches become almost 'SAINTED' who knew ?

Very very funny, actually it made my night.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I spent time last night reading them. To hear some posters Cleary should be sitting on the right hand of God. Yet funnily enough same phrases that are used on Griffin used for Cleary.

Talk bout #rosetintedglassesrewritinghistory. so the recently departed coaches become almost 'SAINTED' who knew ?

I for one don't rate either of them, so stop trying to lump everyone you disagree with into one person.

OldPanther

Coach

I've always rated cleary. Surprised people would be off him after 2014 and success at the warriors (sort of) the Tigers will show what he's really made of though.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary is better than Hook. But he had his flaws.

If we kept him the biggest would be Nathan Cleary getting a run much later than he did.

The pleasant surprise IMO was how Peter Wallace turned back the clock in 2016. After a couple of serious injuries we thought he would retire. The club was trying to urge him to also.

He sticks around though and until getting banged up in 2017 he was looking pretty good. Im undecided on him 2018. He sucked for most of 2017, but that was also due to playing injured. Hook and Wallace need to be smarter this year.

Never select an injured player if theres a decent fully fit alternative .

Ie. Edwards in finals last year... thst was a necessary risk unfortunatrly.
Wallace? Rein looked decent. Katoa looked decent. Fully fit both are better than a banged up Wallace.

Honesly Hook and Wallace f**ked us over by having him on the field in the finals. He gets a head knock. Comes off. Katoa lifts us and we look better. Send Wallace back out to stink it up again. It was selfish by Wallace and stupid from Hook.

OldPanther

Coach
Cleary is better than Hook. But he had his flaws.

If we kept him the biggest would be Nathan Cleary getting a run much later than he did.

The pleasant surprise IMO was how Peter Wallace turned back the clock in 2016. After a couple of serious injuries we thought he would retire. The club was trying to urge him to also.

He sticks around though and until getting banged up in 2017 he was looking pretty good. Im undecided on him 2018. He sucked for most of 2017, but that was also due to playing injured. Hook and Wallace need to be smarter this year.

Never select an injured player if theres a decent fully fit alternative .

Wallace? Rein looked decent. Katoa looked decent. Fully fit both are better than a banged up Wallace.

Honesly Hook and Wallace f**ked us over by having him on the field in the finals. He gets a head knock. Comes off. Katoa lifts us and we look better. Send Wallace back out to stink it up again. It was selfish by Wallace and stupid from Hook.

If Wallace stays off I believe we win that game. The team looked a step quicker in everything they did.

soc123_au

Staff member
Look at the team list in the first post compared to now. Cleary was no Bellamy, but Bellamy would have struggled with that team.

franklin2323

Immortal
Look at the team list in the first post compared to now. Cleary was no Bellamy, but Bellamy would have struggled with that team.

Things like not playing Austin at 5/8th. Signing Whare to play FB Moylan being told to look elsewhere etc..

Many problems we have now just without the finals to fall back on

This right here is a good reason why we need Katoa somewhere in this team.

mxlegend99

Referee
Things like not playing Austin at 5/8th. Signing Whare to play FB Moylan being told to look elsewhere etc..

Many problems we have now just without the finals to fall back on
Thankfully Whare was finally moved to centre.
Moylan got his shot. But sadly Gus didnt have him in our top 25 and his first season was a f**k around

Its shit that Austin didnt get a fair chance with us. But hey some things never change. Maybe our 6 is just cursed.

Outside of Soward and Maloney... who were established before arriving. No player has been given a fair crack there in years.

TMM is the biggest wtf. Gus clearly planned for him and Cleary to be our future. He looked to be fast tracking their development. But a handful of games together and suddenly TMM is unwanted even for depth. Therumours of what he did were the only reason it ever made sense. But they were supposedly lies and do we released a guy who was a big part of Goulds plans simply because it wasnt instantly successful.

Never tried benching him. Using him as a utility. Keeping him for depth incase circumstances changed. Its just mind blowing how that shit all worked out.