What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team for pre-season game

the team is
Toshio Laaiseni, Marvin Filipo, Shaune Metcalf, Vince Mellars, Manu Vatuvei, Marcus Perenara, Aoterangi Herangi, Evarn Tuimavave, Herewini Rangi, Shannon Stowers, Epalahame Lauaki, Matt Jobson, Monty Bethem, Awen Guttenbeil, Mark Tookey, Louis Anderson, Jerome Ropati, Kane Ferris, Copper Vuna

The average age of this team is only 19 but i think these are the games they should be used in. I would have put Danny Sulivin and Tony Martain in the team to see how they proform. I'm tipping St Grorge-illawarra to win this game

Meth

Staff member
Too risky....

By all accounts, Martin is the ace up our sleve this year. This game is of little importance

Meth

Staff member
I don't know what's confusing about that....

They're not playing Stacey Jones,or a number of other key players that haven't had a run in quite some time

Martin is the plug to the much maligned goal kicking hole....why would they play him this game, against an understrength St George team in a match that has little bearing on the NRL season?

WARRIORS recruit Tony Martin has his sights set on gold - the Gold Coast. The trial match there against the Parramatta Eels on February 21 will be the first chance for the centre - who played in the club's sevens side last weekend - to show coach Daniel Anderson what he's got in the 13-a-side game. "Daniel's told me that I won't be playing against the Dragons in Hamilton so I'm looking forward to the game against the Eels," Martin said. And while there's been plenty of speculation Martin would take up the kicking duties he said Anderson had not yet indicated to him who would get the job. "When the time comes, he'll make the decision but he'll pick the team first and then sort out who is the best kicker," he said. "I don't think Daniel or too many other coaches would pick a player purely to be the kicker. "I've got to work hard to get into the starting 13. "I have to make him want to pick me purely on my ability first of all. If that happens then I'm happy to do the kicking. "That's another string to my bow and it's good to have but it's certainly not going to get me straight into the team." Martin said several players have put their hand up for the duties. "Brent Webb, Sione Faumuina, Vince Mellars, Marcus Perenara and I have been kicking twice a week as a group," he said. "We practise together as much as possible and give each other tips. "I've been doing another one or two sessions by myself but now we're back from the sevens I'll be out there five or six days a week. "The top guys are doing that many sessions. I'm prepared to put in the time. "We've all got the same goal - to do the best for the club and hopefully win a grand final."

New Dragons line up for Thursday's trial. Simmonds is out because he'll play in the charity shield. Youngquest and Asotasi out through injury.

1. Reece WELLINGTON
3. Andrew FREW
23. Shaun VIDITO
4. Luke ROBERTS
5. Ben CREAGH
6 Clint GREENSHIELDS
7. Mathew HEAD
8. David TANGATA-TOA
9. Aaron GORRELL
10. Justin POORE
11. Bryan NORRIE
12. Stacey KATU
13. Ryan POWELL (C)

14. Wade HUMPHREYS
15. Shane SHACKLETON
16. Jarrod DYKES
17. Aaron BEATH
18. Robert HENARE
19. Jay VAN MEEGEN
2. Trent HEAD
25. Lee BENNETT

---------

THe dragons are also playing a young line-up wich i made up of their premier league team players. I'm picking a Warriors Win

AliN

Live Update Team
The Dragons Premier League side played very well last night.
Aside from letting the Warriors come back at them in the second half, they looked polished and hungry for action.

They'll go well in the NSWRL comp this year for sure.

As for our boys, Tooks stepped up and played in the 2nd half like a man possessed, great to see. Must be his new haircut.

For me, Shaun Metcalf for a little fulla played well along with Manu Vatuvei on his outside.
Epalahame Lauaki and Matt Jobson, when on the field, caused the opposition some grief both in defence and attack.
Kane Ferris made the most impression from the new guys imo. He's huge, often dragging three or four Saints players with him when he burst thru..

Latest posts