What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - discussion thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Well the time has arrived folks, the first official Team list for 2017.

I'm hearing 21 names will be on today's announced list, including Field who will be #21 (I think this number is reserved for those who will make their 1st grade debut, or did he wear that in the CS?).
I doubt that Mose will be picked, and I'd be more happy to see him with a few games under his belt with the Cutters. Plus if Field is picked you can't have 2 10min impact players sitting on the bench IMO.

Anyway, give your thoughts on the team announced, I'm sure there will be no surprises at it will be the stock standard McGregor safety first team.

The countdown to 2017 has begun people.

jeffdragon

Bench
Mccrone will be there ,not my pick
Vaughan on the bench to come on as an impact player
Mann has been shoved around , i have no idea what position mary sees him playing, thats a shame .Last year a winger not sure this year
No point having Macdonald on the wing if you are not going to kick to his aerial strength

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
The team will be solid but the set plays are so clunky we will look horrible and will struggle to score again. Kind of like the guy who dances all night with the girl and then goes and spews in the Dunny before he makes a move. That's our team. Get Mann in the halves or as centre. He needs the ball. It's having a young Lockyer on our books. We can all see it.

nontime111

Juniors
The team will be solid but the set plays are so clunky we will look horrible and will struggle to score again. Kind of like the guy who dances all night with the girl and then goes and spews in the Dunny before he makes a move. That's our team. Get Mann in the halves or as centre. He needs the ball. It's having a young Lockyer on our books. We can all see it.

I concur!! Huge MANN fan here, who cant see it??? a natural if hes not in here Ill tell mum!

Dragsters

First Grade

Exactly like we had to sit through all last season while Marshall’s hammy went bung.

We all saw what we were incapable of doing over and over again with this halves pairing.

All barring Mary of course.

Mann simply must be in the 17.

Dragsters

First Grade
I hear you Brissy.

A month ago I was more excited than I have been in years with all the potential within the playing group compared to last year.

Since then each week that excitement has diminished due to more of the same from Mary.

Every man and his dog has been banging on about how bad our attack was last year and most of us could see solid options to improve it.

Not so Mary it seems.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I hear you Brissy.

A month ago I was more excited than I have been in years with all the potential within the playing group compared to last year.

Since then each week that excitement has diminished due to more of the same from Mary.

Every man and his dog has been banging on about how bad our attack was last year and most of us could see solid options to improve it.

Not so Mary it seems.
This off season has by far been the worst in a long time. The announcement in October that the CEO and Board thought that Mary has a future as a coach was devastating and then the release of JD was literally the straw. I am even struggling to be bothered to select a team for NRL fantasy. I fear the club and Mary is destroying the game for me.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mary will be sacked after 5 or 6 rounds. He could not select or coach a team to save his life. We will again gain joy in watching the Cutters and Under 20's
players and coaches showing Mary up
for being a goose. Why have the Nines
and trials if you do not reward Dufty, Field, Havili and Mann for their good
form and demote Widdop for his pathetic efforts and circular or cross field running.

Reactions: Qdf

hazzbeen

Bench
This off season has by far been the worst in a long time. The announcement in October that the CEO and Board thought that Mary has a future as a coach was devastating and then the release of JD was literally the straw. I am even struggling to be bothered to select a team for NRL fantasy. I fear the club and Mary is destroying the game for me.
This is the problem nothing seems to be changing no announcement of coach for the future same coaching ethics and anyone that was a bit left field they got rid of . So what if Mary manages to scrap into the 8 are we stuck with him for another 3 years ?

BrissyRedV

Bench
So what if Mary manages to scrap into the 8 are we stuck with him for another 3 years ?
It sickens me to think that this is the most likely scenario even if the team performs like crap. I can't see them signing anyone decent as head coach from outside the club. Des has been rumoured but in the big scheme, we cannot afford him or the football operations to support him. We are so lagging behind other teams with regards to the football operating budgets that it is a joke to think we can attract anyone decent to the club.

Vinnie

Juniors
You know Dragon Revival you are right !!! Why have the nines if no reward gained .... but i go one step further if we are fair dinkum wouldn't Widdop be the first on the plane and in the 9s team ???? I would have thought it would be a perfect scenario to try and get some form and attacking memories back ???

Old Timer

Coach
21 to be named so as to confuse the fans that we might see some sense in the selections.
I wonder if they will just name a squad or actually in position with an extended bench?
Anyway we will soon officially know what it is we already know and we can stop the charades.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
DRAGONS V PANTHERS
4:30pm AEDT Saturday, UOW Jubilee Oval

Dragons: Experience is set to hand Josh McCrone a starting spot ahead of exciting youngster Jai Field at halfback. Marquee signing Paul Vaughan will slot straight into the starting pack, with up and coming forward Luciano Leilua to snare a spot on the bench. Matt Dufty is sidelined with a knee injury for 2-4 weeks.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/7d510c52a17aaebafcd97ef2821a3c5c

hazzbeen

Bench
It sickens me to think that this is the most likely scenario even if the team performs like crap. I can't see them signing anyone decent as head coach from outside the club. Des has been rumoured but in the big scheme, we cannot afford him or the football operations to support him. We are so lagging behind other teams with regards to the football operating budgets that it is a joke to think we can attract anyone decent to the club.
The problem is when and if someone realizes our coaching structures are wrong will it take another 3 to 5 years to get back to being competitive ( we have not been for a while) Will it be too late ...... ?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
1-13 will be announced and that SHOULD remain unchanged. It will basically just be a collection of reserves from 14-21 and will be cut 1 hour before kick off. Expect to see most of the squad announced (i.e Havili, Marketo, Leilua etc) but later cut from the squad.

Latest posts