What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - discussion thread

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
NYC Team for Round 1 v Penrith Panthers:

1. Steve Marsters

2. Jason Gillard

3. Matheson Johns

4. Zac Lomax

5. Tristan Sailor

6. Joe Lovodua

7. Jackson Willis

8. Josh Dowell

9. Cooper Purcell

10. Matt Sheppard

11. Trent Peoples

12. Jayden Morgan

13. Stuart Mason

Interchange:

14. TJ Uele

15. Max Bailey

16. Hayden Lomax

17. Tom Angel

18. Israel Seufale

19. Jack Cross

20. Dylan Morris

21. Brayden Gallagher

Some good young talent in the squad fir the U20's.
Steve Marsters, Matheson Johns, Zac Lomax, Tristan Sailor, Jackson Willis and Cooper Purcell are one's to keep an eye.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/02/28/nyc_team_round_1..html

How long will it be before Dylan Morris joins his brothers at Canterbury?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Mary will see out the season regardless of what happens.

The board have made it clear they are not interested in results with his continued appointment and they deserve the results that come with it.

I was told he didn't even want Matty Head to coach the Cutters incase he gets shown up again but that decision was made by others.

Having spoken to Widdops family he has no confidence left and is counting the days till he can leave and thats sad.

Never thought i would see the day Paul McGregor the player i admired turn into a selfish lowsome prick who has turned some many people away from the club.

Widdop wants to leave, now there's a surprise!!!!

Where have I heard that before?

His eventual departure will echo the paradigm set by Morris and Merrin (among others),

The sad irony is that I was booted from at least three Dragons related Facebook pages for saying McGregor was a disaster "waiting to happen" as soon as he was unjustifiably installed as coach.

What an unmitigated disaster his appointment has been.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
6 months of telling myself 2017 will be a better year.... all squashed by the naming of the round 1 team. I'm gutted!!
I can live with getting beat if we are blooding the youth in preparation for the future. No future in Lafai Mccrone or Widdop. I swear Mary hates being a first grade coach. And loves seeing our once proud and great club suffer!!

Walpole

Juniors
The team named for round 1 shows a lack of courage, imagination and vision.

For two, three, four (god, how many is it?) years we have watched a team without any guidance or direction. A team unable to score points, constantly re-hashing game plans and set moves that simply don't work.

The club is coming off a season in which our under 20s were a game away from the grand final and our reserves won the premiership, fantastic achievements in themselves but more importantly a great indication of the young talent available. Any other club would be boldly charging into the future on the back of this success, making a statement that young guns like Mann, Field, Dufty, Leilua, Milne etc are the way forward.

Not this coach though. We all know that the most likely outcome on the weekend is Widdop running around in circles, kicking the ball into the legs of defenders, Dugan sweeping into the backline and running out of room before being crowded over the sideline, no space for our horribly slow outside backs, 4 one out hit ups in every set, Field either sitting on the bench for 76 minutes or more realistically being replaced in the 17 by Jake Marketo etc etc.

I'll be cheering them on as we all will but the sooner this travesty ends the better. We need a coach, we need some leadership and we need it now.

j0nesy

Bench
Not Lafai again, and Marketo named in the extended squad. Leilua not named and it looks like Mann won't play. Widdop and Mccrone the halves... Honestly :mad:

ALSGI

Bench
McIdiot's talked about learning from last year, changing, improving etc.
Top try scorer/best winger - out. Mann.
Best Centre - out. Milne.

Widdop/McCrone - there's a f**king genius idea learned from last year. Panthers would be shitting themselves trying to work out what this duo will do.

The Panthers won't attack Flo's wing becuase his experience makes it impossible to score on his side. He was very solid in 2010. Panthers will shit themselves if Lafai gets his hands on the ball, or Flo get's a hint of some space.

So excited about our improvements, all learned from last year.

Widdiot - Man of match, DallyM points.

Go the Mighty Dragons !!!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So who do we think will be the first 2 names to drop out on Friday?

I'm taking a punt and saying Sele & Milne.

Actually, as Illawarra play before us there wont be any real surprise in the final 17 named we'll know once the Illawarra final team in announced.

possm

Coach
Mary is clueless and should be replaced ASAP. Widdop is the problem and McCrone is not up to standard at NRL level. This would have been a great opportunity to put Widdop at fullback, Dugan at right centre, Mann at 7, Field at 6 and Havili on the bench.

Widdop
Macdonald
Dugan
Milne
Nightingale
Field
Mann

In my opinion a more dynamic and skilful backline with speed and a good mix of youth and experience.

dragons girl

Juniors
McIdiot's talked about learning from last year, changing, improving etc.
Top try scorer/best winger - out. Mann.
Best Centre - out. Milne.

Widdop/McCrone - there's a f**king genius idea learned from last year. Panthers would be shitting themselves trying to work out what this duo will do.

The Panthers won't attack Flo's wing becuase his experience makes it impossible to score on his side. He was very solid in 2010. Panthers will shit themselves if Lafai gets his hands on the ball, or Flo get's a hint of some space.

So excited about our improvements, all learned from last year.

Widdiot - Man of match, DallyM points.

Go the Mighty Dragons !!!
Unfortunatly we all new this was coming.Mcidiot not interested in saving his job or trying something new.Nothing to look forward to this year,only the sacking of Mary and the board and the announcement of a new experienced coach will ease the pain.

Old Timer

Coach
So who do we think will be the first 2 names to drop out on Friday?

I'm taking a punt and saying Sele & Milne.

Actually, as Illawarra play before us there wont be any real surprise in the final 17 named we'll know once the Illawarra final team in announced.
I notice other teams also named their extended bench players in the lower grade which we didn't do.
Can we still drop back the guys who haven't been named there?
If so what is the latest you can do that?

Dragsters

First Grade
Illawarra's team for Round 1 v Penrith Panthers

1. Matt Dufty

2. Kalifa Faifai Loa

3. Levi Dodd

18. Izaac Thompson

14. Reuben Garrick

6. Patrick Herbert

7. Shaun Nona

8. Mose Masoe

9. Reece Robson

10. Jacob Hind

11. Tyrone McCarthy

12. Luciano Leilua

13. Blake Lawrie

Interchange:

16. Chris Lewis

19. Jack Payne

22. Josh Kerr

24. Rhys Kennedy

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/02/28/isp_team_round_1_v_p.html

That cutters backline would definitely score more points than the first round dragons team particularly if milne and mann drop back there.

Embarrassing.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I notice other teams also named their extended bench players in the lower grade which we didn't do.
Can we still drop back the guys who haven't been named there?
If so what is the latest you can do that?

Yes they can drop back.
As far as I know 1hour before.
Anyone know any different

BrissyRedV

Bench
So I let the team selections sink in for a while. And yep, no change. I just want to unleash McDipshit, on the geniused Board of the club, and on the untouchable in denial CEO for thinking hiring a committee would fix the problems. Its farked, all of it. A ball hasn't been kicked and yet I am pissed off because we all know what is coming this season and I shouldn't feel like this. This should be a time of excitement, a new season with everyone on zero points. Instead, the club opted to be cellar dwellers.

well well well what we need is speed speed and more speed and what do we get a pedestrian coach with a backline that my under 9s could outrun mary mary mary you were truly a great player but as a coach your totally lacking and please for the sake of this wonderful club turn left and slowly walk of the gangplank your time is up

Crush

Coach
So I let the team selections sink in for a while. And yep, no change. I just want to unleash McDipshit, on the geniused Board of the club, and on the untouchable in denial CEO for thinking hiring a committee would fix the problems. Its farked, all of it. A ball hasn't been kicked and yet I am pissed off because we all know what is coming this season and I shouldn't feel like this. This should be a time of excitement, a new season with everyone on zero points. Instead, the club opted to be cellar dwellers.
Brissy, I reckon it'll be a soggy, wet, error ridden affair vs panthers where dragons might sneak home and win 14-12. Then mary will talk about the power game and the value of McCrone after he kicks well into the corners all night.
Then the likes of dufty, mann, milne will spend 12 weeks in reserve grade as mary will continue to refer to "that win" over the panthers round 1.....

BrissyRedV

Bench
Brissy, I reckon it'll be a soggy, wet, error ridden affair vs panthers where dragons might sneak home and win 14-12. Then mary will talk about the power game and the value of McCrone after he kicks well into the corners all night.
Then the likes of dufty, mann, milne will spend 12 weeks in reserve grade as mary will continue to refer to "that win" over the panthers round 1.....
Rain, the great evener. Its a pity that is all Mary trains the team for, 1 out, wet weather footy. I know hate is a strong word, but my feelings towards management and Mary a quickly heading in that direction. Personally, it really doesn't matter who is selected. Mary will ruin them anyway.

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
Gotta really feel bad for widdop, ever since he has come to us he has been partnered with halves who have been nothing short of shite! he would work really well with Hunt next year because he will finally have a dominant halfback beside him but I can totally understand if his had enough and wants to leave, I dont blame him the poor guy cops it hard and he seems to be the only one trying to commit something half the time, left from storm being partnered with one of the best halfbacks in the game to coming to us and having over 4 different partners next to him all terrible

Latest posts