What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - discussion thread

Old Timer

Coach
Brissy, I reckon it'll be a soggy, wet, error ridden affair vs panthers where dragons might sneak home and win 14-12. Then mary will talk about the power game and the value of McCrone after he kicks well into the corners all night.
Then the likes of dufty, mann, milne will spend 12 weeks in reserve grade as mary will continue to refer to "that win" over the panthers round 1.....
Crush
The Panthers will ignore the conditions and just play attacking football.
They will score long distance tries from half way or beyond and will score tries from within our defensive quarter.
They will attack Mc Donald's wing and get him and Dugan to commit to the tackle and then quickly sweep across to our slow coach side and score easily.
They will make breaks in the centre of the field and have 3 or more players lining up to get the final pass.
Nothing pedestrian about them and they will put us to the sword.
If we make a break near half was unless Mc Donald gets it we have not one player capable of outpacing the defence.
Mary's power game is the entire plan and I can't wait till we force a pass or make a shit kick and they get the ball in broken play.

Crush

Coach
Gotta really feel bad for widdop, ever since he has come to us he has been partnered with halves who have been nothing short of shite! he would work really well with Hunt next year because he will finally have a dominant halfback beside him but I can totally understand if his had enough and wants to leave, I dont blame him the poor guy cops it hard and he seems to be the only one trying to commit something half the time, left from storm being partnered with one of the best halfbacks in the game to coming to us and having over 4 different partners next to him all terrible
I hear that he wants out. And I also hear that the club is getting very fed up with his form and he is on notice, perform or out.

Reactions: Qdf

ALSGI

Bench
Rain, the great evener. Its a pity that is all Mary trains the team for, 1 out, wet weather footy. I know hate is a strong word, but my feelings towards management and Mary a quickly heading in that direction. Personally, it really doesn't matter who is selected. Mary will ruin them anyway.
BrissyRV
Yep, Rain, the great evener I hope.

McOnionhead will need an umbrella this weekend - just for the car park.

It's the other type of Rein that I think will relish the opportunity, especially close to the line, especially with Merrin sniffing for the line - never mind Moylan, Cleary, Cartwright, Tamou, Mansour, Peachey, Wallace etc

If the Panthers have a bad game, we'll be close, otherwise we're f**ked.

Watch the Rein interviews after the game, "it's good to be at such a great club, exciting team, exciting style of footy, exciting year ahead"........

Crush

Coach
Crush
The Panthers will ignore the conditions and just play attacking football.
They will score long distance tries from half way or beyond and will score tries from within our defensive quarter.
They will attack Mc Donald's wing and get him and Dugan to commit to the tackle and then quickly sweep across to our slow coach side and score easily.
They will make breaks in the centre of the field and have 3 or more players lining up to get the final pass.
Nothing pedestrian about them and they will put us to the sword.
If we make a break near half was unless Mc Donald gets it we have not one player capable of outpacing the defence.
Mary's power game is the entire plan and I can't wait till we force a pass or make a shit kick and they get the ball in broken play.
OT,
Nah round 1. It takes a while for the good teams to kick into gear. Its the shit teams like dragons time to shine!

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm on Got $3
Panthers will take time to gel.Wet day- Saints one of the best teams in wet. 1-12

RufusRex

Post Whore
Well if it is wet Aitken may have enough time to react to any footwork put on him. Great tackler when the opposition player runs into his shoulder but woeful defender otherwise.

Crush

Coach
Well if it is wet Aitken may have enough time to react to any footwork put on him. Great tackler when the opposition player runs into his shoulder but woeful defender otherwise.
Did you read the interview today with Aitken where he says the attack is all coming together and there is a great mood at the club? Thats nice.

RufusRex

Post Whore
I did .. it also said some bullshit about having the right people in the right roles ... obviously he is towing the Mary corporate line. f**king deluded.

BrissyRedV

Bench
BrissyRV
Yep, Rain, the great evener I hope.

McOnionhead will need an umbrella this weekend - just for the car park.

It's the other type of Rein that I think will relish the opportunity, especially close to the line, especially with Merrin sniffing for the line - never mind Moylan, Cleary, Cartwright, Tamou, Mansour, Peachey, Wallace etc

If the Panthers have a bad game, we'll be close, otherwise we're f**ked.

Watch the Rein interviews after the game, "it's good to be at such a great club, exciting team, exciting style of footy, exciting year ahead"........
No need to name the opposition. It doesn't matter who we play with that jube of a coach in charge. But I do hope you are right in that if Rein does well, he does rub it in and lay the boot into Mary. I wish all the players and staff that had left recently spilled the beans on our inept club.

BennyV

Referee
I wouldn't be so enthusiastic. The 'word' is that Dylan M. is easily better than Josh AND Brett.

This is some recommendation.
There was also recommendations that Marmin Barba was better than Ben. And Jayden Bowen would easily reach the heights of Matt. And so on. In reality, I dont think these wraps would be anywhere near what they are if he had a different surname.

Dont get me wrong, I hope he is that good! But the wrapped on the Lomax boys, Steve Marsters and Matheson Johns seem much bigger, and that's discounting Garrick and Herbert who seem nearly ready to go themselves.