What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - round 2

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Welcome to TLT:

So, do we get cut and paste from round 1?
Probably!

What changes would you like to see?
For mine, Mann has to play this week and I would give Field a full game fro Illawarra.

Thoughts?

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Agree that it is improbable that a winning side make changes other than injuries.
Keep a close eye on Lafai, Nighty, as Milne and Mann are very unlucky not to get a run.
I would persevere with Field on bench.
It's funny that all the hooha over Leluia over the summer to resign and now seems the forgotten one.

possm

Coach
Agree that it is improbable that a winning side make changes other than injuries.
Keep a close eye on Lafai, Nighty, as Milne and Mann are very unlucky not to get a run.
I would persevere with Field on bench.
It's funny that all the hooha over Leluia over the summer to resign and now seems the forgotten one.
It seems that Leilua did not do the hard work in the off-season and needs a few weeks to get match fit.

I think Mary should move Aitken to the bench and select Milne and Mann in the centres with Field at left wing. Some say Field would get smashed on the wing but I think he would prove to be a match winner out wide. Nightingale and Lafai gave a lot of ground when defending on the left side. If Mary is going to continue with a compressed defensive structure, then we need speedy outside backs on the left side.

Dragsters

First Grade
Milne for lafai and Mann to the bench for Field who will benefit from a few games at cup level in the halves.

This way if Widdop or McCrone slip back out of form then Field will be match fit to slot in, if not Mann who would still be my first choice halves back up.

I don't see these as changes as much as tweaks.

giboz71

First Grade
Unless there are injuries, I would be highly surprised if there are changes to a team that won 42-10 against one of the comp favourites.

Nor should there be, regardless of guys like Milne and Mann missing out.

Dragsters

First Grade
I dont expect any either but i still think they are worth considering for the reasons i stated above.

ALSGI

Bench
Mann for Nightingale, Milne for Lafai.

Why change a winning team you say? I'm not, i'm making it better.
TRV
Spot on mate, exactly right imo.

"It Is Not the Strongest of the Species that Survives But the Most Adaptable - Charles Darwin"

Mary's 'power game' worked well and hats off to everyone involved. Parra are already working on it, regardless of results this weekend Sharks will be working on it next week.

Never change a winning team is head in the sand mentailty, until some one kicks you in the arse. Resisting change is good until the kick up the arse starts stinging and it's not a successful approach in the long run.

"Mann for Nightingale, Milne for Lafai" imo improves a winning team and gives Parra more headaches than just our forward pack or last weeks video.

Change, evolve, adjust on performance and improve - every week. Players will learn this approach, and respond or go.

I say 'always change a winning team', to keep on top, whether it's one player or more. Whether it's giving some one a run or giving some one a break. We now have the cattle to to do this. Question is do we have the coaches to do this?

Just a thought, because I hate the "don't change last weeks winning team" approach.

mobels

Juniors
It seems that Leilua did not do the hard work in the off-season and needs a few weeks to get match fit.

I think Mary should move Aitken to the bench and select Milne and Mann in the centres with Field at left wing. Some say Field would get smashed on the wing but I think he would prove to be a match winner out wide. Nightingale and Lafai gave a lot of ground when defending on the left side. If Mary is going to continue with a compressed defensive structure, then we need speedy outside backs on the left side.
On what planet would you put Field on the wing. Not only would he get brutally caught out in defense on the wing but he'd also get absolutely smashed when he has to make the hit ups at the start of the sets, and he'd be absolutely monstered on kick returns.

So no, you do not put Field on the wing. People here's obsessions with playing players out of position is mind boggling.

The 1-17 will be exactly the same this week as the team played exceptional last week and there's no real reason for any change. However in the coming weeks, Field should be dropped to NSW Cup and Mann should take his play on the bench.

Following that if Lafai doesn't continue with his form Milne will slot straight into his centre position.

possm

Coach
The Dragons played against a Panther's team which was not up to standard last week. This week we play the Eels and we must go into this game thinking they are up to standard. So just because we won by a big margin last week, shouldn't mean we don't have a look at last week's game and correct any issues found.

In the game against the Panthers our forwards laid the platform and each of them did their job very well. Host made a couple of errors however, he is still being groomed for first grade and so it is expected he will learn from that game.

The spine performed well with few errors and gratefully used the platform provided by their forward pack however, Lafai and Nightingale both were caught out in defence a number of times and hardly contributed to the attack. For me a changed backline could very well see our team perform at it's best.

I would select Milne and Mann in the centres, Field on the left wing and Aitken on the bench. We no longer need a hooker rotation as McInnes seems to be an 80min player.

Last edited:

Vinnie

Juniors
Can i ask all why would we play Field on the wing over Dufty ??? If anything wouldn't Dufty serve a better purpose ??
And i agree Mann has to be in the team ! Although i would try him at Half

Vinnie

Juniors
As per my post yesterday i would only effect changes to the backline hoping to improve the team even more. Wouldn't touch forwards, Leluia will be a gun but generally forwards take longer to mature and playing in Illawarra team will do him wonders.

Dugan
Dufty - gaining experience and ready to step into fullback in case of injury and at origin time. Has speed, good defensively and elusive.
Aitken
Milne
McDonald
Widdop
Mann - Field coming off the bench gaining valuable experience and adding unpredictability but needs more time on the field game by game

possm

Coach
Can i ask all why would we play Field on the wing over Dufty ??? If anything wouldn't Dufty serve a better purpose ??
And i agree Mann has to be in the team ! Although i would try him at Half
Dufty and Field should be blooded on the left wing this season. Right now Dufty is coming back from injury and after watching him play in reserve grade, it seems to me that he needs a couple more games to reach match fitness. We need backline speed on the left in defence and attack.

So while he is getting fit, why not give Field a few games on the left wing until Dufty is available. Then rotate Dufty and Field throughout the season so they both will have gained first grade experience this year. When Dugan is unavailable slot Dufty in at fullback and if either Widdop or McCrone are unavailable slot Field in the halves.

Glenn01

Juniors
Dufty and Field should be blooded on the left wing this season. Right now Dufty is coming back from injury and after watching him play in reserve grade, it seems to me that he needs a couple more games to reach match fitness. We need backline speed on the left in defence and attack.

So while he is getting fit, why not give Field a few games on the left wing until Dufty is available. Then rotate Dufty and Field throughout the season so they both will have gained first grade experience this year. When Dugan is unavailable slot Dufty in at fullback and if either Widdop or McCrone are unavailable slot Field in the halves.
possm, I think your messages are generally very well balanced, thought out and logical which is why I can understand why you would even consider playing Field on the wing. You know wingers have to play like an extra forward these days. Do you think having Field play such a way would beneficial to the team or Field?

Duck63

Juniors

You make a lot of sense on Field/Dufty.Going off the stats on Dufty's game on the weekend he ran the most meters for the team,not bad effort considering he has been out since the 9's,will only get better.

Eastview

Juniors
As per my post yesterday i would only effect changes to the backline hoping to improve the team even more. Wouldn't touch forwards, Leluia will be a gun but generally forwards take longer to mature and playing in Illawarra team will do him wonders.

Dugan
Dufty - gaining experience and ready to step into fullback in case of injury and at origin time. Has speed, good defensively and elusive.
Aitken
Milne
McDonald
Widdop
Mann - Field coming off the bench gaining valuable experience and adding unpredictability but needs more time on the field game by game
Dufty good defensively? Can I ask how you came to that conclusion? He needs a lot of work on that part of his game

Latest posts