What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - round 3

BrissyRedV

Bench
NRL Squad for Round 3 v Cronulla Sharks:

1. Josh Dugan

2. Nene Macdonald

3. Euan Aitken

4. Tim Lafai

5. Jason Nightingale

6. Gareth Widdop (c)

7. Josh McCrone

8. Russell Packer

9. Cameron McInnes

10. Paul Vaughan

11. Tyson Frizell

12. Joel Thompson

13. Jack de Belin

Interchange:

14. Tariq Sims

15. Leeson Ah Mau

16. Jacob Host

17. Kurt Mann

18. Jai Field

19. Taane Milne

20. Luciano Leilua

21. Hame Sele

No surprises as expected from ol' reliable Mary. What's worrying is that I feel nothing about the game this weekend. Normally there is excitement or apprehension about what might happen. This week, nothing.

Crush

Coach
No surprises as expected from ol' reliable Mary. What's worrying is that I feel nothing about the game this weekend. Normally there is excitement or apprehension about what might happen. This week, nothing.
Sorry that you feel that way. That's pretty bad given its round 3 and we are 1 win 1 loss. I hope you get the excitement back come Sunday

Old Timer

Coach
Know how you feel and the 6.30 slot on Sunday just tops it off.

Old Timer

Coach
Know how you feel and the 6.30 slot on sunday just tops it off

ybur

Juniors
I bet you said the same thing against panthers round 1. Exactly same team beat the panthers 42-10. What do you put that down to?
Nope i didnt....i thought we would lose by around 14. I then gained some hope from that win and was even contemplating putting $50 on at 250 to 1 to go through the season undefeated. After watching the parra game i am now confident in my predictions and realisation that we are what we are. Losers!

mickeylane

Bench
BS. There is now way that Mann will play in place of Aitken. Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean that it will.
Theres no way he can justify Aitkens position this week - not when he was solely responsible for leaking 3 tries a total of 16 points which makes the Parra game a 2 point game!!

He replaced Mann w Aitken as a prelude to his decision this week....you have to read it this way or McGregor is a total dumb f**k w no clue and I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here- he cant choose a player who had a shocker and has totally lost all confidence - not when u have a plethora of centre talent waiting in the wings for their chance...

mickeylane

Bench
because like many of us you can smell a 30 point drubbing coming our way!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Theres no way he can justify Aitkens position this week - not when he was solely responsible for leaking 3 tries a total of 16 points which makes the Parra game a 2 point game!!

He replaced Mann w Aitken as a prelude to his decision this week....you have to read it this way or McGregor is a total dumb f**k w no clue and I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here- he cant choose a player who had a shocker and has totally lost all confidence - not when u have a plethora of centre talent waiting in the wings for their chance...

It's part of the McGregor master plan. I can see it now, McGregor contemplating alone in his room, pondering on how to fix the issue of Aitken and get the team back to the winners circle. "I have it" as he let's out a shrill laugh, "I will trick them and announce Aitken as our centre on Tuesday, they will train all week on how to play him and then, wait for it, I swap him with Mann on Sunday. Brilliant!!! Haha, Flanno won't know what happened, I'm such a genius!"

thebigredv

First Grade
"The boys are really excited for it."

Does anyone else get the feeling we, the fans, are just being strung along for a ride. Is this an actual professional elite rugby league team or a bunch of school boy footy players just in it for the experience.

Why doesn't McGregor come out and defend his selections after such a rubbish performance i.e. McCrone and to a lesser extent, Aitken.

Wait all off season for this...

Sharks 100 - 0

rasaint

Juniors
To a larger extent Euan Aiken. This is Euan 3rd season of 1st grade and he is very limited. He should not be in the side won't get any better. No doubting his courage but lacks ability to be a top class player. It has been obvious since early last season.

I do not want to bag him as anyone who makes an NRL side deserves credit.

However, Milne and Mann simply offer so much more. I just don't get it. Mann scored 10 try's in half a season last year and some scored in serious defensive traffic. In the nines he was a shining light. I would be wrapped to see him at 5/8 and Gareth who is in good form ( truly Gareth try on weekend all class) to full back. Dugan up to centre in place of Tim Lafai. Make those changes and we will be in the mix for the top 4. Laugh if you want but I believe those changes and improve markedly.

ybur

Juniors
To a larger extent Euan Aiken. This is Euan 3rd season of 1st grade and he is very limited. He should not be in the side won't get any better. No doubting his courage but lacks ability to be a top class player. It has been obvious since early last season.

I do not want to bag him as anyone who makes an NRL side deserves credit.

However, Milne and Mann simply offer so much more. I just don't get it. Mann scored 10 try's in half a season last year and some scored in serious defensive traffic. In the nines he was a shining light. I would be wrapped to see him at 5/8 and Gareth who is in good form ( truly Gareth try on weekend all class) to full back. Dugan up to centre in place of Tim Lafai. Make those changes and we will be in the mix for the top 4. Laugh if you want but I believe those changes and improve markedly.
Some serious merit, but.......
Nothing can save us till the clueless coach is chopped snd put out to sea in a leaky dinghy. God save St George.....for nothing will save the clueless one!

SaintPauli

Juniors
Teams such as Parra really have quicker players. French, Norman,Jennings and Redradra all beat us on pace running good lines. Hard to admit I cannot see Nightingale or McCrone making 1sts for Parra or even Penrith who we smashed in round 1.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We only have three reasonable backline players in the team Dugan,
Mac Donald and Widdop. The rest are
not NRL standard being too slow or not having the basic skills. Mad Mac has a death wish and will continue with his insane selections. I as a rank amateur would pick the following team based on form:-
Dufty
Mann
Milne
Dugan
MacDonald
Widdop
Field
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Packer
McInnes
Vaughan
Ah Mau
Sims
Hind
Havili
This team would have some speed in the backline and good versatility.

Crush

Coach
Nope i didnt....i thought we would lose by around 14. I then gained some hope from that win and was even contemplating putting $50 on at 250 to 1 to go through the season undefeated. After watching the parra game i am now confident in my predictions and realisation that we are what we are. Losers!
So you thought dragons would lose by 14 round one then you contemplated dragons going the whole season undefeated and now you have them losing by 20 this week.
WOW

possm

Coach
I bet you said the same thing against panthers round 1. Exactly same team beat the panthers 42-10. What do you put that down to?
Panthers played very poorly and let the Dragons play to their very best ability.
Parra played very well and limited the Dragons to their worst ability.
The question is how will the Sharks play?

The Dragons with the same squad and same game plan will completely rely on the Sharks frame of mind and bounce of the ball.

possm

Coach
We only have three reasonable backline players in the team Dugan,
Mac Donald and Widdop. The rest are
not NRL standard being too slow or not having the basic skills. Mad Mac has a death wish and will continue with his insane selections. I as a rank amateur would pick the following team based on form:-
Dufty
Mann
Milne
Dugan
MacDonald
Widdop
Field
De Belin
Frizell
Thompson
Packer
McInnes
Vaughan
Ah Mau
Sims
Hind
Havili
This team would have some speed in the backline and good versatility.
This is my team as well only I would have Packer on the bench and Sims starting.

ybur

Juniors
So you thought dragons would lose by 14 round one then you contemplated dragons going the whole season undefeated and now you have them losing by 20 this week.
WOW
Yep......i stopped dreamin after round one and fell back to Earth with a THUD. It was soooo cool for 7 days. La la land was lovely while it lasted.