What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday - round 4

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I can only hope that the Dragons Media Relations manager was being lazy and posted the same playing list as last week.

If not, McIdiot has outdone himself by selecting McError again.
One can only surmise that he thinks the Warriors suck so much that we can afford to give more points away and still win.

As l tell my lovely wife, l blame my excessive drinking on stresses of McIdiots' selections each week.
Truth is, my good lady can see my point.

I agree kogarah old boy
But the warriors want be easy.
With Johnson and foran for an named they will be desperate.
So far we have play great when we are underdogs but quite poorly when we were favourites.
So interesting to see how we go.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
If you think McGregor is going to change a winning team you've got another thing coming. I've given up on him picking someone with a half decent kicking game.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I agree kogarah old boy
With Johnson and foran name they will be desperate.
So far we have play great when we are underdogs but quite poorly when we were favourites.

Not sure about underdogs but both games were won in wet greasy conditions.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I agree kogarah old boy
With Johnson and foran for an named they will be desperate.

Agreed 'dragonssamy61', its had to know which way they will go.
Foran could have a blinder or a shocker / settler, as they say.
Their halves may click while only one of ours might, if you know what l mean.
Guess that's what makes it all interesting, this great game of ours.
Or l can say is ................ C'om you Dragons!!!!!!!

Bench
In his post match interview he did say that six kicks went out on the full. He acknowledges that so we will see if he addresses that in selecting the squad this week. I'll bet there will be no changes.

Vinnie

Juniors
The only thing i can read in this team selection is that McGregor knows he is under pressure ! He has 2 wins out of three with the same team so why would he change it ??? No point in improving through improvising or changes the classic - "If it aint broken don't fix it" analogy.
I feel as much as i'd like to see changes that we all believe will only enhance the team there may be risk associated with that. For that reason and knowing my job is on the line if i'm winning i probably wouldn't change either.
Remember i vehemently don't agree with McCrone at half so don't think in any way im sticking up for him cause i'm not but i understand his thoughts.

possm

Coach
The only thing i can read in this team selection is that McGregor knows he is under pressure ! He has 2 wins out of three with the same team so why would he change it ??? No point in improving through improvising or changes the classic - "If it aint broken don't fix it" analogy.
I feel as much as i'd like to see changes that we all believe will only enhance the team there may be risk associated with that. For that reason and knowing my job is on the line if i'm winning i probably wouldn't change either.
Remember i vehemently don't agree with McCrone at half so don't think in any way im sticking up for him cause i'm not but i understand his thoughts.
Mary obviously does not rate Mann as a halfback so he is not compelled to start with him or even give him reasonable time on the field to show he can handle it.

By wasting one bench spot, Mary puts extra load on our forwards and limits Mann's opportunity to show his suitability for selection at 7. I am sure if Mann made the mistakes that McCrone is making each week, he would be promptly hooked.

Mary's habit of playing favourites is not good for team performance.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
There were so many poor selections last year in initial selections along with injuries that it took up until two thirds the way through the season to pick a fair side which still included Marketo,
Marshall, Matthews and Rein and poor use of the interchange with respect to
Host and Leilua. Then they lost 6 of the last remaining games with a hopeless
game plan and no attack.

hewi

Bench
IMO we have won two games against sides that have not played well. Was that because of our forwards and game plan or just good luck? I think that question is presently unanswered. I want to see us beat say the Storm or Donkeys who I believe are the bench mark, if we do that I will lose my cynicism. Lastly I have been underwhelmed by Sims. On his day he is a beast. Anyone else feel the same?

Vinnie

Juniors
Yes i agree Possm but a utility back is required in the event of an injury cant have 4 out and out forwards on the bench. Every team has a utility player on the bench, Bennet is a master of having that setup and not playing them at all. With that in mind Mann is the best value as if needed he could slot in anywhere from 1 to 7 but make no bones about the fact that if there is no injury he won't see much game time. This would make no difference if it's Mann or Field or Nona or anyone.
the only time more game time is allowed for a utility these days is if it's a hooker/Dummy Half switch.

Vinnie

Juniors
Mary obviously does not rate Mann as a halfback so he is not compelled to start with him or even give him reasonable time on the field to show he can handle it.

By wasting one bench spot, Mary puts extra load on our forwards and limits Mann's opportunity to show his suitability for selection at 7. I am sure if Mann made the mistakes that McCrone is making each week, he would be promptly hooked.

Mary's habit of playing favourites is not good for team performance.

Soory i forgot to reply hahaha .... see my above reply

possm

Coach
Yes i agree Possm but a utility back is required in the event of an injury cant have 4 out and out forwards on the bench. Every team has a utility player on the bench, Bennet is a master of having that setup and not playing them at all. With that in mind Mann is the best value as if needed he could slot in anywhere from 1 to 7 but make no bones about the fact that if there is no injury he won't see much game time. This would make no difference if it's Mann or Field or Nona or anyone.
the only time more game time is allowed for a utility these days is if it's a hooker/Dummy Half switch.
Yes I see your point Vinnie.
If Mary wants to keep a utility back on the bench to cover injury, this is his call and should be respected however, given that McCrone is playing so poorly, why not put Mann at 7 and shift him to replace an injured back. If Mann proves to be even less effective than McCrone, hook him and bring McCrone on to replace him.

In this way Mary can be at least be seen to be trying to improve team performance and McCrone will understand he is on tilt.

Vinnie

Juniors
Yes I see your point Vinnie.
If Mary wants to keep a utility back on the bench to cover injury, this is his call and should be respected however, given that McCrone is playing so poorly, why not put Mann at 7 and shift him to replace an injured back. If Mann proves to be even less effective than McCrone, hook him and bring McCrone on to replace him.

In this way Mary can be at least be seen to be trying to improve team performance and McCrone will understand he is on tilt.

Hey i agree totally but alas it's just not going to happen if he hasn't seen the need to replace him yet he probably wont.
I think it goes back to the charity shield when he gave Field a full half and Field really didn't do extraordinary things !!! Be very sure that a good game was never going to be enough from Field it had to be a superhuman effort !!! McGregor i feel only played him to concede to public pressure. I doubt that Field was even given a lot of training time to forge combinations going into the game anyway.
With that in mind it's really hard for any player to come on and fit in immediately and be a superstar.
Although i can't fathom the fact that Widdop and McCrone have been together for a long time and still haven't gelled and still look disjointed and lost, it's like 2 individuals playing totally separate i can only assume that Widdop also is not happy with his half partner.