What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday

Crush

Coach
Round 3.
I'm expecting Mary to bring in Lomax on the wing for Ravalawa.
I don't think he will listen to Wendell Sailors pleads for him to swallow his pride and move Widdop back to the halves though.
Ravalawa out Lomax in otherwise copy paste for Paul McGregor this round.

watatank

Coach
Ravalawa should get one more month but we are talking about Mary here. He will be on the scrap heap.
Then he will play Lomax out of position and ruin his career.

Most coaches will either drop Ravalawa straight away or as you say, give him another month and let him play through it. McGregor will opt for neither and wait a week or two more before dropping him.

Just about every coach would have Lomax playing first grade though.

I have a feeling that Mary will drop Leilua for Korbin Sims.

Ravalawa will probably be given another week to improve.

Ravalawa is certainly powerful.

It’s his lack of speed that concerns me.

Hoping his lack of speed relates to our training regime, otherwise I would consider Marsters or Pearson for a wing spot.

In an ideal world, Lomax to Centre.

possm

Coach
We still have one more wing recruit stuck in CC so, I think it would be opportune to replace Aitken and Ravalawa with Lomax and Pearson. This along with K Sims defending on the right edge should greatly improve our defence and attack on the right.

I think the experiment of Widdop at fullback has failed and this round it would be smart to test Dufty's suitability for fullback in first grade. So what do we do with Widdop:
A. Let him go and use his salary to bolster our squad.
B. Move him back to five-eighth and Norman to left centre.
C. Move Widdop to left centre and persist with Norman at five-eighth.

In the forwards I would like to see:
Kerr and Vaughan as the run on props.
Graham and Timm as the bench props.
Host as the bench backrow forward.
Robson as the bench hooker/backrow forward.

Yes four forwards on the bench should address any fatigue problems and hopefully assist us better compete against the currently in-form Broncos pack.

The above suggestions are made to address the clear deficiencies so apparent in our 17 over the first two rounds. These changes:

A. Address the Widdop / Dufty fullback problem.
B. Address our right edge problems in defence and attack.
C. Provides us with a new look backline that is capable in defence and attack.
D. Provides the team with the forward grunt that we need to successfully match it with the Broncos.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
K Sims for J Kerr. Lomax for Ravalawa are the obvious changes.

I would move Norman to bench and Dufty to 1. Widdop/Hunt back to the halves. Maybe swap Hunt to hooker when McInnes needs a breather during the game and bring on Norman in when the opposition look tired.

Rather than making 4 on-field changes at once like he did last week against Souths, it is only Hunt to 9 Norman to 7.....

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why dont we go really radical here:

Dufty to 1
Norman to 7
Widdop to 6 and
Hunt to 14

If we are not going to play Robson, abd there seems to be this ovsession with playing Hunt af hooker, then really this makes the most sense as it doesnt create "the great Dragons shift".

It must be rememvered thaf this is how Bennett played Hunt when he was in the hooking role, fron the bench. He played 6 games at hooker for the Broncos, 4 of which he came on from the bench.

As I said radical.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why dont we go really radical here:

Dufty to 1
Norman to 7
Widdop to 6 and
Hunt to 14

If we are not going to play Robson, abd there seems to be this ovsession with playing Hunt af hooker, then really this makes the most sense as it doesnt create "the great Dragons shift".

It must be rememvered thaf this is how Bennett played Hunt when he was in the hooking role, fron the bench. He played 6 games at hooker for the Broncos, 4 of which he came on from the bench.

As I said radical.

Maybe Hunt at 9 and McInnes at 14 - Makes more sense.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Maybe Hunt at 9 and McInnes at 14 - Makes more sense.

Hunt ia nof a 50 or 60 min hooker, thats why Bennett gad him coming off the bench to provide some zip from dumny half, add an alternate kicking game from dummy half and also add his running amongst the tired or tier 2 forwards. 10 mins before half time and 20 mins after would provide a point of difference.

possm

Coach
Hunt is not a hooker, his defence at halfback is not really the best so how would he go trying to defend in the middle like McInnes. NO we would get much more value with McInnes 9 and Robson 14.

I'd rather see Lomax playing CC rather than outside Aitken in firsts. Mary is an idiot but surely he now realises Lomax is a centre not a winger.