What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Titans

Stagger eel

Staff member
Don’t expect Alvaro to be named tomorrow.... he picked a knee injury that would sideline him for a few weeks

84 Baby

Referee
It’s the ‘Peats Plate’ FFS
The Peats Plate is the tri series including Souffs.
Player of the series receives the Sandow Medal

I just realised we played Souffs last week. Someone please tell me Tits played them week before or next week

Gronk

Staff member
Read the article and then read the headline. :neutral_face:

=========

Hayne: I’d rather be at the Titans

ALMOST 12 months ago Jarryd Hayne dropped a bombshell which eventually forced the Gold Coast Titans to sack coach Neil Henry with the Titans management backing their marquee man.

Hayne publicly said Henry refused to talk to him in the lead-up to their round 23 clash to the Dragons which prompted a fallout which led to Henry’s sacking.

Hayne subsequently quit the Titans after a 23-game stint which failed to live up to the expectations he set prior to joining the NFL and rejoined Parramatta. Hayne said there was no ill-will from his end as he prepares to play the Titans for the first time since leaving the club on Saturday night having backed the support staff in Craig Catterick and Hayden Knowles who were brought in by new Titans coach Garth Brennan in some part to try and get the best out of Hayne.

“I enjoyed it,” Hayne said of his 18-month stint at the club. “There are great people up there. It’s always warm. I loved the warm weather. It would’ve been great to stay up there but it wasn’t to be.

“They have great staff. Obviously with Hayden and Cat (Catterick) and the head coach they are great people.

“They understood my decision to come home. They are great people who understood that. It would’ve been great to be there with them. There is no other place I would rather be than up there with those guys.

“I know what they are like. I know what they bring. Just speaking to the boys who have been there for a while, they love them up there.

“They are slowly building into a good force.

“I’m looking forward to playing some old teammates, Koni (Konrad Hurrell) the most. It will be good if we come near each other.”

Hayne’s homecoming has been less than desirable. Injuries have restricted him to just 10 games this year while the Eels are now locked in a wooden spoon battle.

“It’s been a devastating year,” Hayne said. “We are in the spoon race. We don’t want it. We are a game behind. We have to fight and crawl our way through.”

Hayne has returned to his best in recent weeks as he tries to lift the Eels off the bottom of the premiership ladder. He said shrugging off some private health issues had helped him re-gain form.

Jarryd Hayne has started to rediscover some of the form that made him such a force before his NFL stint. Picture: Getty

“Health-wise, I feel like I’m on top of things now,” Hayne said. “I’ve had a couple of internal issues the last 18 months. I feel like I’ve finally fixed it. I feel great.”

Despite being named on the wing, Hayne has been given a roving role by Parramatta coach Brad Arthur. He spent time interchanging with fullback Clint Gutherson.

“Roaming and chiming in there and swapping with Gutho at times,” Hayne said of his role. “I’m looking to create opportunities and try-scoring plays. Gutho has been playing there a bit longer. It’s why we are mixing it up in attack especially from set starts.”

Off-contract at season’s end Hayne said he still has the hunger to continue to play on.

“You have to have the (drive) to be a professional athlete,” Hayne said

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k=46542f2020b73ba04c3c9b84b6a274b9-1532984839

Gronk

Staff member
Alternatively...

No bad blood between Brennan and Hayne

Jarryd Hayne prepares to line up against the Gold Coast for the first time since his public break-up with the club, Titans coach Garth Brennan insists he has nothing but respect for him.

Hayne walked out on the Titans at the end of last year not long after Brennan was handed control of the club following the demise of former coach Neil Henry.

But Brennan insists he holds no ill-feeling towards Hayne despite leaving his $1.2 million deal behind to return to the Eels

"I've got the upmost respect for Jarryd," Brennan told NRL.com.

"He could have made it difficult and soaked up the money and stayed here. But he sacrificed a lot to go back. For someone to walk away from a lot of money, and it's well documented how much money he walked away from, to follow his heart deserves to be respected.

"I fully respected Jarryd Hayne as a footballer but his heart wasn't here. For a person to make that type of sacrifice … he gets criticised a lot but it shows the mark of his character."

Brennan communicated with Hayne via text and phone calls during the World Cup and never discussed his plans face-to-face.

haynej-180728nh04.jpg

Eels winger Jarryd Hayne.:copyright:Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos
When Hayne decided to leave the Titans at the end of last year, Brennan was one of the first people he notified and the coach insists he hasn't felt any resentment towards the club's former marquee man.

"He rang me when he made the decision," Brennan said.

"He indicated his heart was in Parramatta and I wished him all the best. He's starting to play some good footy. I genuinely hope he does really well.

"There's no ill-feeling towards him here. I haven't picked up on it. Ash (Taylor) and Jarryd are still pretty close and speak regularly. There's no resentment from the group."

Brennan hired a couple of staff members (Hayden Knowles and Craig Catterick) in the preseason, leading to assumptions they were brought in to appease Hayne. But Brennan emphatically denies making any appointments to satisfy Hayne.

"That was all false," Brennan said.

"Regardless of whether Jarryd was here or not I would have made those appointments. When I went for the Newcastle job I told Hayden that I wanted him with me. It's got nothing to do with Jarryd being here. Nothing was put in place for Jarryd. The fact that Hayden had worked with him in the past was just a bonus."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/30...rennan-and-parramatta-eels-star-jarryd-hayne/

Latest posts