What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team LWOS Unite!!!

H

Hass

Good News Fellas. We have brought home the bacon in our first trial. It seems not to be a one-on-one showdown thing (not sure if it will stay that way) and points were awarded out of 10 for each post and tallied together.

<hr>
NEWTOWN JETS:
MoffoFanClub:
Score: 08 Pts
Number of Words: 406
An original editorial, which highlighted the optimistic, yet supported view normally associated with MFC. The post, despite being under its 500 word limit, clearly highlighted the view MFC wanted to get across, in a clear and well written piece.
Gorilla:
Score: 10
Words: 481
An excellent piece, with a unique, but entertaining view on the power and need for the Forward pack in a team. Clearly one of the best pieces in the match, whilst there is still some bias towards forwards, there is enough supporting evidence to get the points. BTW Gorilla, cause wingers and centres are traditionally described as Three-quarters, does that mean they are a quarter forward??
Roopy:
Score: 08
Words: 491
Educated, and thoroughly thought out post, backed up with sufficient facts/stats to prove the point.
Space Monkey:
Score: 08
Words: 566
Some excellent points, with correct statistical information. A well written post, with only the word count being against the post scoring more.
Ozbash:
Score: 07
Words: 470
An analysis of the effect of the media on games and whether or not officials should be protected. Whilst focusing on some of reasons why game officials shouldn’t be protected, it doesn’t acknowledge why they are. Personal flair is very prominent.

Hass:
Score: 10
Words: 498
Original piece, showing adequate personal influence and flair. A very well written post, with adequate supporting fact as well as a good amount of entertainment value.

BALMAIN TIGERS:
RIP Stripes:
Score: 06 Pts
Number of Words: 232
Got started on some strong points, but its lack of depth failed to see what could of potentially being a high scoring post rise above an average one. Still some confusion over the number of words could have been the main influencing factor.
Tigertread:
Score: 08 Pts
Number of Words: 523
Insightful and informative post. Displayed some personal flair of Tigertread as well as was very original.
Brook:
Score: 10 Pts
Number of Words: 494
Possibly the post of the match. A well written, inspirational post highlighting the feat of one footballer, who many league fans wouldn’t even know about.
Tom From Griffith:
Score: 07 Pts
Number of Words: 355
Some good points about problems league has faced, but as well acknowledged that not everything is bleak. A realistic view of the game.

SCORE:
NEWTOWN JETS 51 DEFEATED

6 Participants
BALMAIN TIGERS 31
4 Participants
CROWD: 22,000
POSTER OF THE MATCH: Brook (Balmain)
REFEREE: Yakstorm
<hr>
All we need now is a league's club to go back to and get on the celebratory piss
emteeth.gif

Cheers.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Ok just to answer a couple of things on the forum idiot thing: No I didn't ask for it and no the person who did it hasn't come forward. Only an admin can change someones profile pic so its out of very few people. Craig and Matt both say it wasn't them, I wouldn't buy it from the later.

Great win guys. I was going to shove my one up but I could see we clearly outnumbered them and would take the points. There was no point in wasting a post that can be used in the real competition. I think that gave us a good gauge though of how we are going.

Ramit54

Juniors
Congrats on your victory.
Cheers Retread
ps: Bronco, it wasn't me who gave you the forum idiot tag.

ex-manager

Juniors
Well played lads, impressive stuff.
emthup.gif

Bronco, whoever is responsible for the dirty deed is a coward. And why hasn't MattO done something about it?

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the WORL
embeer.gif
emwink.gif

Maggie

imported_bronco

Juniors
Well I've been given the assurance from Paul Dunn that something will be done about the forum idiot pic so lets get on with the competition. We have 2 fair judges in Dunn and Yakstorm that will give us an equal opportunity to win this thing so we shouldn't be worried about results being rigged to keep us from suceeding.

Thanks retread, It'll be good to see Balmain and Newtown go head to head with full strength squads in the proper comp.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well done lads
emthup.gif

What can I say? Too fit, too fast and too clever.
With forward pack like this, cant see you getting beaten
emthup.gif

(bronco, glad to see Paul Dunn will have that blot removed...its a shame that anyone even has to ask)

S

SpaceMonkey

Looking good guys, an average score of 8.5 per post should make us hard to beat, anyone who placed bets on the Blue OWLS at Matt O's odds will be feeling pretty happy.
Looks like your 5/8th went a bit deep with a couple of kicks and cost a point or two, but don't worry, I'll install Word on the trusty laptop over the weekend (just converted it to Windows 2000) and that should improve my accuracy with the word count no end!

L

legend

Congrats guys. I think the mighty OWLS will set the benchmark for the forum sevens and after some outstanding early season form, will come in dramatically with the punters to be clear cut favourites.

As if it was ever in any doubt.
emwink.gif

emthup.gif

S

SpaceMonkey

Some analysis of trials Form, teams are lsited in the order of form shown so far:

Newtown Bluebags: played 1, 51 points, 6 posts, average pts per game 51, average points per post 8.5
Awesome display of heavyweight posting at a record per-postaverage in their first match, dominating an understrength Balmain without using their full quota of posters. Plenty of depth with several stars yet to feature. Anyone who took bets on the 'Bags at Matt O's opening odds of $31 would have to be feeling pretty happy at this stage. Meanwhile there are unconfirmed rumours that O'Neill is preparing to emigrate to Afghanistan rather than face certain bankrupcy if Newtown take the title.
NZ Warriors played 2, 92 points,12 posts, average points per game 46, average pts per post 7.66
Solid in their first match against Penrith, they came into ominous form to win the Canberra open against the Raiders convincinglywith a record total of 57. Strong across the paddock with depth and enthusiasm.
Sydney Roosters played 1,54 points,7 posts, average points per game 54, average pts per post 7.71
Excellent display to crush the Panthers in their trial match, a full compliment of posters scoring an impressive 54 points, bolstered by 2 perfect 10s. A serious premiership contender.
Manly 1 played 1,48 points,6 posts, average points per game 48, average pts per post 8
A very solid 48 points at an impressive 8 point average was needed overcome a spirited challenge from their number two side. On the evidence so far Manly 1 are looking good for a finals berth.
Manly2 played 1,45 points,6 posts, average points per game 45, average pts per post 7.5
Nearly embarrassed the Manly 1 side in their trial, taking it right to the wire but falling short by 3 points. Nothing seperating the two Manly teams, the other sides must be thankful that they have not combined resources.
Penrith Panthers played 2,68 points,10 posts, average points per game 34, average pts per post 6.8

After a dismal showing against the Warriors in their first trial, the Panthers were stung into action to record a solid victory against Cronulla with a full compliment of posters. If the full team turns up to play each week the Panthers will beclose come finals time, but don't look to have the big-match ability to trouble the true heavyweights at this stage.
Balmain Tigers played 1,32 points,4 posts, average points per game 32, average pts per post 8
TheTigers did not turn out with a full compliment of players for their loss the Bluebags, but those who posted scored an impressive 8 point average. With several of their star players not having featured so far, they will be a serious threat come finals time if they fire on all cylinders.
Canberra Raidersplayed 2,58 points,8 posts, average points per game 29, average pts per post 7.25
Beat the Knights to advance to the final of the Canberra open before being beaten by the Warriors, the Raiders look to have some real talent, but will need their full compliment to stand up if they are to be a threat- their 4 posts per game so far wont leave them in the hunt.

Cronulla Sharks played 1,32 points,4 posts, average points per game 32, average pts per post 8
The sharks picture looks identical to that of Balmain, butthere is less evidence of talent waiting in the wings yet to post. If they can muster a full squad of the quality of those we have seen so far, the Sharks will be a threat.
Newcastle Knights played 1,25 points,4 posts, average points per game 25, average pts per post 6.25
Even more so than their on field counterparts, the Knights have the look of a one (wo)man team. Leonie will need more support from her young forward pack if the Knights are to be any threat.
Parramatta Eels played ,18 points,3 posts, average points per game 18, average pts per post 6
A poor showing first up by the Eels, both their posting rate and average score will need to improve significantly if they are to threaten.
South Sydney Rabbitohs played 0 (trial vs Bulldogs abandoned)
The Rabbitohs looked raring to go, but unfortunately the opposition didn't put up a team and the match was cancelled. They do look to have a goodside on paper however.
Canterbury Bulldogs: played 0 (trial vs Souths abandoned)

If Canterbury are to have any chance whatsoever, it will help for them to name a side for their games!!

A extra bit of comment onour team;
Our average of 8.5 is the highest of any team in a trial match so far from what I've seen, and our total of 51 is second only to the 57 scored by the Warriors against Canberra and the 54 scored by the Roosters against Parramatta. Given that the Warrriors and Roosters used all seven to achieve thier totals and we only posted six to achieve ours (with Bronco making a tactical decision not to post due to us already having the match sewn up), knowing Broncos ability I think we could have easily topped the record and quite possibly cracked 60. I think that this makes the Blue OWLS the team to beat at this stage.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Well, I knda feel like the Forum Idiot myself asking this question, but can someone please be kind enough anddirect me to where I can view these posts or articles.

I'm totally lost on this one gents.

emidea.gif

R

roostergirl

Well done guys...fantastic effort :)

I can' wait to go up against you........(i got 10/10) but I think someone may have felt sorry for me or something!

How good was brooks post...

Dog

Juniors
Not bein pushy or anything guys but you should look for another trial, and I'd go straight for the Roosters, see how you fare. Only a suggestion but I think it will be very worth your while guys. Take on the Virtual Roosters and beat em, and it's in the bag I reckon.

Cheers
Dog

S

SpaceMonkey

I agree with Dog, I'd love to have a crack at the Roosters soon, I've got a post in mind specifically aimed at a certain R. Cogburn. However I'd like to see the draw first, as I don't see the point in a trial if it turns out we play the Roosters in an early round anyway.
Fro what I've seen so far the main heavyweights we have to worry about are the Roosters, Warriors, Manly and Balmain.

Good start lads.....i havent been able to keep up with what has happened over the weekend, but it sounds like we won, so as they say in the classics (and in Big Kev), im excited!

Solid performance all round boys, im ready for those eastern suburb, latte drinking, boat shoe wearing, sushi eating people to come and face up to a real challenge!

Moffo.

Geez Bronco, i think they would ;)

I dont know how the Virtual Melon rooster booster transit lounges will respond, but im hoping it will be angrily :)

Moffo.

Latest posts