What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team name and stadium

DIEHARD

----
0neye said:
puss_in_boots_mouse_sword_fight_lg_wm.gif
pirates;-)

Do you live on the Gold Coast oneye?

SoniCat

Nice one moffo, the gc tackle is a sweet idea, I've even found a mascot! The gc marlins and gc heat arent bad either.
MB-FlapSlap.jpg
r

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Not a fan of these American names at all. Griffins is pretty cool though. Sure it has no significance, but what does a pirate?

Is there anything, be it flora or fauna, that is native to the area. Ie. Waratahs which is a great name. If not I'd prefer an Australian name like Seagulls (again), Goannas, Dingos, Wombats, all good.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Berkeley_Eagle said:
the Gold Coast Budgie Smugglers from 2gb team
Wow... irrelevance reaches a new level. How would we ever survive without 2GB.

Iafeta said:
How about Cougars

Imagine the cheerleaders - I'll have five cougars, thanks. You'd get sponsorship from them too!

Or the Gold Coast Retreads. Back in the comp, but also home of Indy.
there is already a nsw premier league side called the cougars, why can't they cut a deal with redcliffe and they can be the gold coast dolphins qld cup team, give them some sponsorship and their players have a chance to play in first grade? it seems like a good deal to me

eastsrule

Bench
The EELiminator said:
there is already a nsw premier league side called the cougars, why can't they cut a deal with redcliffe and they can be the gold coast dolphins qld cup team, give them some sponsorship and their players have a chance to play in first grade? it seems like a good deal to me

The problem was not over the actual name. It was that Redcliffe claimed that they have genuine a shot of becoming an NRL franchise in the future and do not want to lose the Dolphin's identity if that were the case.

I think Redcliffe were in every right to do what they did.

Pirates seems the most logical one. But as some have mentioned just Gold Coast RLFC would be nice.

Gold Coast Diggers
Diggers is an aussie word and could refer to a number of things.

ie. Gold diggers or war diggers (although people might see a reference to war diggers as disrepectful). Would be taking the symbolic approach.

Heaps of marketing opportunities with stadium naming etc.