What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowboys.

Meth

Staff member
Afoa in, Maumalo out.

1- Fusitua

2- Lolohea

3- Ayshford

4- Kata

5- Vatuvei

6- Leuluai

7- Johnson

8- Vete

9- Tevaga

10-Matulino

11-Thompson

12-Hoffman

13-Mannering

Res- Lillyman, Lisone, Afoa, Roache

Cold Roses

Juniors
Pretty much. Would like to see someone else get a shot at wing though. Wells?

Tui maybe needs to get some confidence in Reserves?

Meth

Staff member
Lolohea isn't going to get confidence in the reserves.

He isn't a fullback.

Not sure he's necessarily a winger....but I know Maumalo isn't

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If the TAB had an option for betting on selections, I'd be getting a few bucks on Tui being dropped. Fus back to FB, Ayshford back in and Afoa taking his bench spot.

That's not the side I want but I get the distinct feeling it'll happen. They may cite injury and try and cover it up.

vvvrulz

Coach
Maumalo should never play an NRL winger ever again, esp now that the rest of the NRL are onto hm

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Either Lolohea/Allwood to the wing (forget Wells and CKN, I doubt they would be cleared to play), Fus fullback, Ayshford centre, Maumalo bench just to satify Cappy's need for a "back" on the bench, and he's more than capable of playing an impact role in the forwards for a short stint (where he should be getting developed.)

vvvrulz

Coach
I'd have Lolohea on the bench to jump in the halves > Luke to dummy half > Tevaga gets a spell.
If he isn't doing that role, I wouldn't even bother. He'd be a disaster at wing too defensively.

Likewise Maumalo is a bench forward or nothing.

Blair

Coach
If Luke's fit, sure

He was missed last night for sure, especially with the form he's been in. The Rabbs were all over the ruck.

For some reason we survived his absence the week before. That Cowboy hooker looks game to, it's a lot to ask of our rookie replacements to get the better of such players. I think they can compete with them, do an OK job though. Both Tevaga and Roache are highly promising, with both honest graft and some excitement in their game.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Afoa in, Maumalo out.

1- Fusitua

2- Lolohea

3- Ayshford

4- Kata

5- Vatuvei

6- Leuluai

7- Johnson

8- Vete

9- Tevaga

10-Matulino

11-Thompson

12-Hoffman

13-Mannering

Res- Lillyman, Lisone, Afoa, Roache
Im worried about Thurston dropping bombs on Tui but Id rather Tui on the wing then Kenny.

Blair

Coach
Do we arrive in Towny a day or two earlier to give ourselves more time to adjust to the 'summer' temprature?

Leber

Bench
Pretty much what meth said for the team. Im not a huge fan of lolo on the wing but at least he can turn and chase.

Ken to play second row for the reserves for the rest of the year to develop him in that spot for next year.

Benek

Juniors
Why do I get the feeling Cappy's man-love for Maumalo is too strong to see him dropped, even though that epic fail (that we all saw coming) has exposed a kick-behind game plan that every team we face will follow.

As bad as Lolo was (he was terrible) I'd rather see him on the wing in place of Kenny, and have Aysh back in the centres.

Cappy needs to lose this obsession with having wingers be forwards. We need wingers who can do their own jobs before they try to do the jobs of others.

vvvrulz

Coach
Why do I get the feeling Cappy's man-love for Maumalo is too strong to see him dropped, even though that epic fail (that we all saw coming) has exposed a kick-behind game plan that every team we face will follow.

As bad as Lolo was (he was terrible) I'd rather see him on the wing in place of Kenny, and have Aysh back in the centres.

Cappy needs to lose this obsession with having wingers be forwards. We need wingers who can do their own jobs before they try to do the jobs of others.

Too much common sense, won't surprise me much if we see an unchanged team in the rationale that Souths was just an aberration.

We won't win again until we get Lolo and Ken out of the backline

JJ

Immortal
Souths through their strong pack (and for one of the few times this year not turning the ball over repeatedly) and a clever half exploited out weaknesses ruthlessly...

Unfortunately the Cowboys pack can similarly dominate us, and Thurston/Morgan can expose our wings and fullback even better - wouldn't surprise me if McFud names an unchanged side

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Worse possible time to go to Townsville, Cowboys feeling the heat, at home, you guys are not the best travelers, all points to a Warriors thrashing.

Therefore you should win. As the world is cruel.

vvvrulz

Coach
All comes down to McDud's selections balls. If either of Lolo and Ken are at the back this week, JT is going to have a field day and it's going to be ugly. We field our top team, we'll probably still lose but it will be a fight.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Word is Kata may be out injured? NRL.com has him with a hamstring injury. I guess that means Ayshford into the centres. Switch Tui and Fus around and bring in Afoa.