What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Cowpokes encounter

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Javid Bowen 4. Kane Linnett 5. Kalyn Ponga 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Michael Morgan 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Coen Hess 12.Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Ben Hampton 15. Patrick Mago 16. Corey Jensen 17.Sam Hoare 18. Braeden Uele 19. Kyle Laybutt 20. Enari Tuala 21. Shane Wright

O'Neill and Fensom are out replaced by Ponga (wing) and Asiata (prop). Martin comes back in at five-eighth after being withdrawn last round, Hampton dropping to the interchange.

CRO-17teamlist.jpg

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Kurt Capewell 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Gerard Beale 6.James Maloney 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Fa'amanu Brown 10. Matt Prior 11.Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen 14. Jayson Bukuya 15. Sam Tagataese 16.Jeremy Latimore 17. James Segeyaro 18. Chris Heighington 19. Joseph Paulo 20. Jayden Brailey 21. Jesse Ramien

No changes here in the 17, but the naming of Jayden Brailey on the reserves indicates the young hooker may lineup on Saturday night.

From L.U, and the comments are their's not mine.

Please discuss in 1000 words or less.

Quigs

Immortal
Ive stopped worrying about it. Ive been waiting for the past six or so games for us to start to click, get consistent and fire up.

I'm like the old commuter that chased hard but just missed the last bus. I'm still holding onto the ticket and I hope we get there .............. but !!!!!

shaggs

Coach
I actually don't mind capewell vs linnet. Bigger body and not the type to try and go around capewell.

Frenzy.

Immortal
It's more about promoting rather than sacking.

You surely can't think Capes is currently the best centre we have at this point in time?

Capes on the bench as a forward would suit the overall dynamics of the squad better.

Bullshyte Snoop. To promote, you gotta sack. Last thing needed is destabilisation by knee jerking to a couple of losses. It's especially important not to blood new players in Round 24. It's too late and would further upset the rythym of a team which has lost some.

Its the right team

I blame the forwards.

There is just no way they are playing anything like what they were in defence compared to last year.

Lack of line speed, genuine aggression throughout the match and they have been guilty of not winning the ruck in matches particularly against Manly, Titans, Raiders and Broncos.

You lose the ruck fair chance you'll lose the game.

bluefox68

Staff member
They aren't getting directed around the park properly. When the hookers are misfiring and the halfback is a flop None of those merkins got over a hundred metres. If the coach had balls Capewell , Prior and Nu would be playing for Jets
Yes! I commented after the Raidersgame, players pushing the hooker out of the way to run from dummy half - u/8s...

txta2

Bench
I'm really dissapointed in Prior. Fmd what happened? Only 1 denfensive rush last week and no more solid charges.
Im also hoping Gal stops doing the 4th tackle runs. Its crept back in and was only stopped when Ennis was there.
It stifles their attack, it makes players run wrong lines, it makes them run out of room on deep attacking plays and also makes Chad think he can run through a half gap which has done once in his career. Barba could deal with it but not Holmes.

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Bullshyte Snoop. To promote, you gotta sack. Last thing needed is destabilisation by knee jerking to a couple of losses. It's especially important not to blood new players in Round 24. It's too late and would further upset the rythym of a team which has lost some.

Its the right team

It ain't moving heaven and earth frenz.

Some shuffling could be made with the current mob. I don't mind the idea of Beale to fullback, val to wing. Capes to bench and a youngster to step up. It just means a plodder might get the arse on the bench that's all.

coolumsharkie

Referee

Its the right team

Egg Zackery