What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dirty Dirty Broncos

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
http://m.nrl.com/news/weeklyfeatures/teamlists/tabid/11444/default.aspx

1. Valentine Holmes
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Kurt Capewell
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Gerard Beale
6. James Maloney
7. Chad Townsend
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Fa'amanu Brown
10. Matt Prior
11. Luke Lewis
12. Wade Graham
13. Paul Gallen

14. Jayson Bukuya
15. Chris Heighington
16. Jeremy Latimore
17. James Segeyaro

18. Sam Tagataese
19. Kurt Dillon
20. Billy Magoulias
21. Jesse Ramien

courtesy of our beloved club's official website:

NRL Team List – Round 23
Sharks v Broncos
Friday, August 11
Suncorp Stadium
Kick-off – 7.50pm

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
James Maloney returns, while Jack Bird is an omission from the Sharks side to play the Broncos on Friday night.

Bird is likely to be sidelined for at least two weeks due to the shoulder injury suffered in the loss to the Raiders, with Sharks Coach Shane Flanagan predictably opting for the versatile Kurt Capewell in his place.

The addition of Maloney sees Fa’amanu Brown move into the hooking role as James Segeyaro goes back to the Sharks interchange bench.

The Sharks will be keen to rebound after a disappointing performance against the Raiders last Saturday night, with the Broncos to provide another stern test of their premiership credentials.

The match is scheduled for a 7.50pm kick off at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

NRL TEAM LIST – Round 23
Sharks v Broncos
Friday, August 11
Suncorp Stadium
Kick-off – 7.50pm

1 - Valentine Holmes
2 - Sosaia Feki
3 - Kurt Capewell
4 - Ricky Leutele
5 - Gerard Beale
6 – James Maloney
7 - Chad Townsend
8 - Andrew Fifita
9 - Fa’amanu Brown
10 - Matt Prior
11 - Luke Lewis
12 - Wade Graham
13 - Paul Gallen
Interchange
14 - Jayson Bukuya
15 - Chris Heighington
16 - Jeremy Latimore
17 - James Segeyaro
18 - Sam Tagataese
19 - Kurt Dillon

20 – Billy Magoulias
21 – Jesse Ramien

we must have posted together Glenmore,

and here are The Young Ones
NYC Team List – Round 23
Sharks v Broncos
Friday, August 11
Suncorp Stadium
Kick-off – 5.35pm

1 William KENNEDY
2 Sione KATOA
3 Isaac LUMELUME
4 Jesse RAMIEN
5 Josh TUILAGI
6 Luke METCALF
7 Kyle FLANAGAN
8 Ryan KING
9 Blayke BRAILEY
10 Daniel VASQUEZ
11 Briton NIKORA
12 Tony MATAUTIA
13 Billy MAGOULIAS
Interchange
14 Eddie FAALUA
15 Joshua CARR
16 Bessie AUFAGA-TOOMAGA
17 Zachary FAULKNER
18 James Roumanos
19 Jackson FERRIS
20 Teig WILTON
21 Luke JURD
22 Fine KULA
23 Clayton Uia

Really do hate Brisbane and Bennett, would love to beat them. Don't think we will though.
we usually have done well after an embarrassing loss, plus its an away game..

Anyway, here's the Donkeys' line up

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. James Roberts 4. Tautau Moga 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Anthony Milford 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Korbin Sims 9. Ben Hunt 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Josh Mcguire 14. Sam Thaiday 15. Tevita Pangai 16. Jai Arrow 17. Herman Essese 18. Jaydn Su'a 19. Tom Opacic 20. Benji Marshall 21. Salesi Funaki

Arrow replaces Joe Ofahengaue (suspended) on the interchange. Hunt named at hooker despite starting off the bench last week, Glenn named in the second row and Thaiday back to the bench.

Eion

First Grade
I like seggy on the bench until he shows a bit more. And that's likely the preferred model when brails is back too.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Heigno/Lats on bench, they come and do nothing, Heigno looks likely but has no impact, Lats has no spark, you want forward to come on and rip in charge the ball up, some speed when taking it up but seems slow

sandshark

Bench
Latimore plays what 10 minutes? I guess he is safer than Taga.
It will be interesting to see who Flanno picks between Brown and Seggy if Brailey returns this season. I would kinda like Brailey to just wait until next season if Brown continues to do well at Hooker.

Heighno well passed it but I guess experience is needed at this time of the year.

Chimp

Bench
At least Taga bends the line though - we need impact off the bench. Heigno can still do that in short bursts (though he has been quiet recently), Lats is just a steady Eddie - personally, Id prefer a bit of a gamble on a someone with more impact.

bluefox68

Staff member
At least Taga bends the line though - we need impact off the bench. Heigno can still do that in short bursts (though he has been quiet recently), Lats is just a steady Eddie - personally, Id prefer a bit of a gamble on a someone with more impact.
Would NOT be surprised if Taga gets another run, as the Broncos bench is quite big...

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Prefer the Nu starting/Seggy bench option. Only way Seggy will get his mojo back is as an impact player. I'd have Paulo in for Heino though.....after starting the season well Heino has gone missing. Good to see 3 of the up-and comers in the 21.....means at least one of them goes with the squad to Brissy.

Stalefish

Juniors
why are we persisting with Metcalf if he's signed elsewhere? can anyone confirm he's leaving? we got Luke Jurd and Jaemon Salmon, two representative halves missing out why bother with Metcalf?

carinashark

First Grade
That Bronco team look very ordinary to me , Sims is the only player I would like to see at the Sharks!
But I really don't want to see this.
'Kick by the Broncos and caught by Holmes who immediately passes the ball to Beale.
Beale takes two steps and is tackled on the 5 meter line by the Broncos defence.
Beale gets up to play the ball and is tripped and then held down momentarily .
No penalty.'

I really don't want to see this, again and again and again and.............
come on guys we are better than that, aren't we?

GeeJay 2

Juniors
why are we persisting with Metcalf if he's signed elsewhere? can anyone confirm he's leaving? we got Luke Jurd and Jaemon Salmon, two representative halves missing out why bother with Metcalf?
Stale fish - I've heard it's manly. That's what some players within the 20s group are saying. I haven't seen anything official but I would think it's on the money.