What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v knights

_Johnsy

Referee
Ben Hornby
Nick Youngquest
John Carlaw
Matt Cooper
Reece Simmonds
Trent Barrett (c)
Mathew Head
Brent Kite
Mark Riddell
Jason Ryles
Justin Poore
Dean Young
Shaun Timmins

Interchange:
Ashton Sims
Michael Henderson
Ben Creagh
Lincoln Withers
Lance Thompson
(one to be omitted).

A strong side, should account for newwie. Looks good with Bailes & Gaz due back next week, Tingah well he is someone that may well come in handy at finals time, Personally I dont think he will get another game, but what an attacking player to have if needed.

Saints by 24

Dragons 36 Newwie 12

Sticks

Juniors
Tough on Hendo isn't it, last weeks 'Players Player' looks likely to fall off the end of the bench. The lads really are playing for their spots in the forwards and with Tingha sniffing about Youngquest is under pressure each week.
The decision about Tingha could really shape our season in some ways, as we all know what his capabilities are when fit and focused, but we have not seen much of this this season due to his injury problems. I cross my fingers and hope Browny makes the decision with his head and based on form, not a heartfelt decision.

Sticks

Anonymous

Juniors
Here you go... one day after LU :D but this from the SMH.

NEWCASTLE: Robbie O'Davis; Craig Hall, Matt Gidley, George Carmont, Anthony Quinn; Kurt Gidley, Steve Witt; Michael Ennis, Ben Kennedy, Clint Newton, Adam Woolnough, Danny Buderus (c) Josh Perry. Res: Andrew Price, Regan Tanner, Daniel Abraham, Matt Parson.

DRAGONS: Ben Hornby; Nick Youngquest, John Carlaw, Matt Cooper, Reece Simmonds; Trent Barrett (c), Matthew Head; Shaun Timmins, Dean Young, Justin Poore, Jason Ryles, Mark Riddell, Brent Kite. Res: Michael Henderson, Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh, Lincoln Withers, Lance Thompson (one to be omitted).

Dragons Cross

Juniors
I thought that too Biglance but Brownie might keep him and remove Hendo because Creagh can cover the outside backs and they can move Poore into the front row if need be.

All said Thommo might still not make the team, how many weeks did they name Barrett before he actually played.

Nugby

Juniors
It's just newcastle, I think Brownie'll probably rest Lance unless he's sure he's 100%

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I disagree, why not give Lance 20 minutes towards the end of the game to try and get some match fitness and give him a chance to get back into the games rythm?

Nugby

Juniors
you think the rhythm against newcastle'll be comparable to any other game we play this season :D You're probably right though, we'll see what Brownie does

thuganomics

Coach
Just to give you a heads up on the changes to the knights team.

Matt Parsons, Josh Perry and Andrew Price are all out.
Luke Quigley, Daniel Tolar and Blake Mueller are all in.

You guys are gonna run right over us :(

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Never mind thuganomics, as Saints fans are used to saying, "There's always next year"